Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #31

Michigan State Parks say dogs MUST be on a 6ft leash !!!
But we know how some people are,,,
they think the rules & laws are made for other people !!!

Old 03-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #32

Our dogs are never on leash at home but NEVER off leash loose in a campground It would be a BAD idea....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #33
Mod free 5er

Will probably rile some feathers, but from our personal experience, folks who have and use pens for their dogs, put them in the pens and leave them barking while they go their merry way out of the cg or where ever for hours. At Thousand Trails Orlando, we will hunt for a site that does NOT have a pen next door or within 2 or 3 sites of us. The smaller the dog the more they bark and yap! Just my experience. Sorry folks, I know you love your dogs, but PLEASE consider your neighbors.

End of rant.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Our dogs are never on leash at home but NEVER off leash loose in a campground It would be a BAD idea....

Same here Oaklevel !!!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #35

Very true Oaklevel and Wolverine our dogs on leash when walking very quit if we leave and never on the leash at home and very well mannered even when tempted with the invisible fence we have in the yard.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #36

I bought two metal folding section pens to hook together outside our MH for our dogs. The reason for the wider oval configuration is so we could sit inside on our chairs with our dogs if they got antsy. We used it on one of our short trips recently, and had no problems, no barking. Of course, we don't go inside and leave them out in the pen area. They just want to be where we are.

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
I bought two metal folding section pens to hook together outside our MH for our dogs. The reason for the wider oval configuration is so we could sit inside on our chairs with our dogs if they got antsy. We used it on one of our short trips recently, and had no problems, no barking. Of course, we don't go inside and leave them out in the pen area. They just want to be where we are.

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Ours always want to be with us too. We keep them on a leash as most campground rules require. They are always under control that way and will walk them to the dog park to allow them to run loose in the fenced area just like at home.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #38

OC says:

"folks who have and use pens for their dogs, put them in the pens and leave them barking while they go their merry way out of the cg or where ever for hours"

Eek! I can't even imagine such a thing -- it's not only extremely rude, but it's not safe for the dogs. If I saw dogs penned outside an unattended trailer, I'd be tempted to call Animal Control (paying the ransom to get them out has been known to modify dog owners' behavior).

Our dogs are in their outside pen when we are sitting outside; if we go into the trailer or leave the cg without them, they are inside. I would hope that *most* dog owners would be more responsible than the ones OC has encountered!
ekrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrus View Post
OC says:

"folks who have and use pens for their dogs, put them in the pens and leave them barking while they go their merry way out of the cg or where ever for hours"

Eek! I can't even imagine such a thing -- it's not only extremely rude, but it's not safe for the dogs. If I saw dogs penned outside an unattended trailer, I'd be tempted to call Animal Control (paying the ransom to get them out has been known to modify dog owners' behavior).

Our dogs are in their outside pen when we are sitting outside; if we go into the trailer or leave the cg without them, they are inside. I would hope that *most* dog owners would be more responsible than the ones OC has encountered!
If the unattended dog is causing a problem,,, you should diffenly call the park office !!!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #40

We have a Shiba Inu which is a smaller dog but as he is a hunter he will run if he gets the opportunity to get loose. To take away that worry we came up with our own fence design for travel. We bought 2 exercise pens, opened them up, built support posts out of 2x4s and 4x4s grooved for the fence to fit into with stops to keep the fence sections in, bottom supports out of plywood and used plastic lattice rails for strength on the top (held down with velcro). At first we had panels made of plastic fencing and 1x2s for the trailer side of the fence but have since changed to RV skirting which is less bulk and works just fine. We have room in the back of our pickup for the posts and fence but I'm sure someone could come up with a less bulky alternative if they wanted to do so. We still have his leash and a tie out rope but we can sit in the "yard" with him and not have to tie him. The height of the fence would depend on the size of your dog(s) as the pens do come in different sizes. The Yard area is 4x16 feet or can be set up as 4x8, etc. etc. We have not had any of the parks object as nothing goes into the ground. and yes - that is a wireless doorbell you see on one of the gates. PS - he is never left out in the pen alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mish-Mash 040.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	650.3 KB
ID:	113191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mish-Mash 041.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	559.7 KB
ID:	113192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mish-Mash 042.jpg
Views:	79