Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
we recently checked into and paid for 4 nights at Saco River CG in North Conway. Along with the CG map, they gave a piece of paper with pet rules. Number 1 was No Barking. I asked how I was supposed to control my dog if she barked. I said, it was a dog and dogs bark. Also, I was not allowed to leave the dog unattended in my camper under any circumstances. They stated that they were pet friendly but I certainly didn't feel the love. I asked for a refund and moved further down the road. A very high number of campers take their pets. This is one of the beauties of camping. Some CGs are getting a bit too silly, if you ask me.
I understand your point...but try to understand that many also don't have a dog...and don't necessarily like them.
That's why there is that many parks...something for everyone.
To each is own and happy camping !
__________________

__________________
Black
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #102
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 95
We NEVER stay where it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
I understand your point...but try to understand that many also don't have a dog...and don't necessarily like them.
That's why there is that many parks...something for everyone.
To each is own and happy camping !
Never leave dogs unattended. Never!!! Also it is really nice, such as the campground we are in in Clearwater, FL, to have a dog area. We put bark collars on them at night but we don't have to here because of the area we are in.
__________________

__________________
Jo, Elliott, Cloey & Zoey (Havanese sisters)
Georgetown 2014 328TS; 2010 Toyota Corolla
JoanneL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #103
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
So JoanneL you take your dog everywhere you go? Really? If you go out to eat do you take them in with you or leave them in a hot car? It is not possible to take dogs with you everyplace you go. Our motor home is our home and our dogs are left at home by themselves sometimes and the world hasn't come to an end. Often we can't do things because we are not willing to leave them for to long but that was the choice we made when we got our dogs. They bark mostly when we are out walking them because they want everyone to stop and pet them because they are sure they are the most important thing in the world.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #104
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 95
You misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So JoanneL you take your dog everywhere you go? Really? If you go out to eat do you take them in with you or leave them in a hot car? It is not possible to take dogs with you everyplace you go. Our motor home is our home and our dogs are left at home by themselves sometimes and the world hasn't come to an end. Often we can't do things because we are not willing to leave them for to long but that was the choice we made when we got our dogs. They bark mostly when we are out walking them because they want everyone to stop and pet them because they are sure they are the most important thing in the world.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't go to any campgrounds whose rules are to NEVER leave the dogs unattended because we do. We went out last night and are meeting relatives for breakfast. We put dog collars on them and even if there is no battery they seem to work to keep them from barking. We close the shades etc. But if a campground says we can't leave them unattended we won't stay there. Our dogs are the most important things in the world to us except our kids! We've had RVs forever because we can travel with our furbabies.
__________________
Jo, Elliott, Cloey & Zoey (Havanese sisters)
Georgetown 2014 328TS; 2010 Toyota Corolla
JoanneL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #105
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So JoanneL you take your dog everywhere you go? Really? If you go out to eat do you take them in with you or leave them in a hot car? It is not possible to take dogs with you everyplace you go. Our motor home is our home and our dogs are left at home by themselves sometimes and the world hasn't come to an end. Often we can't do things because we are not willing to leave them for to long but that was the choice we made when we got our dogs. They bark mostly when we are out walking them because they want everyone to stop and pet them because they are sure they are the most important thing in the world.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x2

I too do not see any ....any.... problem with leaving your dog in the camper alone short term..... It is done all the time....... Our dogs are too left at home alone when we are at work. They are Boxers & rarely bark at home or at the campground. We have never ran into a campground that will not allow you to leave your dogs unattended in the camper, not left outside unattended I understand. I suppose if we ran into one we would move on as well.

We are into camping to enjoy camping with family & the dogs. If we left the dogs at home they would be left at the kennel in a box. Now which is better with you walking the beach or in a small cage "box" for a week or two. Our dogs beat us in the camper & know when we are leaving. They seem to enjoy it as much as we do.

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #106
AKA: 'tiredTeacher
 
awellis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So JoanneL you take your dog everywhere you go? Really? If you go out to eat do you take them in with you or leave them in a hot car?
On a lighter note ... I met a friend for dinner and he introduced me to two other couples. Under the table was a lab wearing a service dog vest. The dog lay silent the entire time.
After dinner, we left the restaurant and I asked the man why he needed the dog. He said the lab wasn't a service dog. He just bought the vest at PetSmart so he could take the dog with him everywhere he went. The dog was so well behaved that no one questioned his presence.
__________________
Wright and Penny
(with Fitz and Lizzie, the camping kitties)
Richmond, Va.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #107
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
On a lighter note ... I met a friend for dinner and he introduced me to two other couples. Under the table was a lab wearing a service dog vest. The dog lay silent the entire time.
After dinner, we left the restaurant and I asked the man why he needed the dog. He said the lab wasn't a service dog. He just bought the vest at PetSmart so he could take the dog with him everywhere he went. The dog was so well behaved that no one questioned his presence.

That is like stealing from people that need this priceless gift. This happens enough and the rules will change. Dogs in general do not belong in a restaurant. People that depend on their service dogs are the exception.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #108
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
On a lighter note ... I met a friend for dinner and he introduced me to two other couples. Under the table was a lab wearing a service dog vest. The dog lay silent the entire time.
After dinner, we left the restaurant and I asked the man why he needed the dog. He said the lab wasn't a service dog. He just bought the vest at PetSmart so he could take the dog with him everywhere he went. The dog was so well behaved that no one questioned his presence.
The lighter note went south he should have been arrested and jailed. Its people like that .... absolutely hurt the people that really need a service dog.......... It is illegal to do that !!!!!! People like that (never might I won't say where they should go) Just do not have any morals....

This is becoming a huge problem as more & more people are doing it and thinking it is OK. Fake service dogs are just wrong!!!!

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #109
AKA: 'tiredTeacher
 
awellis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Fake service dogs are just wrong!!!!
Wrong? Yes.
Why was he successful? That's where another lesson lies for all dog owners.
__________________
Wright and Penny
(with Fitz and Lizzie, the camping kitties)
Richmond, Va.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
Wrong? Yes.
Why was he successful? That's where another lesson lies for all dog owners.

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean. Because the dog was so well behaved? Dogs are dogs. They are all different and some don't work as service dogs. A dog that is a little naughty doesn't mean the owner doesn't train it. A service dogs first trial is the screening process.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.