Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2019, 10:22 PM   #81

I totally agree. One of the few things that can absolutely ruin a great camping experience is a dog that barks continually. I wish every dog owner was as considerate as dbareford!
retire057 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The most dog complaints are unattended barking dogs and dog owners that don't pick up the poo or don't have them on a leash.
So barking once or twice, when someone walks by, is one thing. But for them to keep barking is NOT ok.
Small dogs are the worst for this.
You summed it up well.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #83

Dogs camping

If we can't take our kids (uh dogs) my husband and I don't go.
I'm a professional dog groomer, so I might be a bit prejudice, but I prefer a dog's voice over ANY human's loud mouth or music.
CathyAFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #84

Dogs Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyAFisher View Post
If we can't take our kids (uh dogs) my husband and I don't go.
I'm a professional dog groomer, so I might be a bit prejudice, but I prefer a dog's voice over ANY human's loud mouth or music.
Agree with you on that one. However, both are OK when there's consideration for neighbors.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2019, 10:20 PM   #85
Erinn

Absolutely, Cathy!

I can't tell you how many kids have cut through our campsite, have been out alone after the park's curfew hours, have gone soaring past us on their bikes (I almost got hit, once!), have been in the pools and/or hot tubs during "adult only" hours, and have been basically just loud & unruly - I ensure my dogs always behave; why can't parents & grandparents do the same?!??
SunseekerFunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2019, 11:51 PM   #86

Dogs Barking

I agree with Biker. It is not the fault of the dog who barks when strangers approach, it is the fault of the owner who has never trained his pet how to behave, and never takes the appropriate action to quell the barking by gentle means. These are the same people who play their music too loud, violate "quiet hours" , and then complain that other campers are not being "fair" to them.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #87

Dogs

I always ask for a camp site not on on a trailhead and away from high traffic areas. I walk him at least 2 miles every morning. He is active and loves to play. Short of shocking him, Which I will not do, he will bark. We keep a spray bottle w/ water and vinegar in, all it takes is picking up the spray bottle and he stops. It is a lot more fun camping w/ him as he finds animals I would not see w/o him..
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #88

I have on occasion taken the hand held air horn and blasted it after the third request to keep a dog from barking. Another device that works is the ultrasonic bark stop. Again only if a stupid owner refuses to understand a friendly request. Senses barking from 75 feet and emits out 200 ft and humans can not hear it..... https://ultimatebarkcontrol.com/prod...saAotkEALw_wcB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog Bark.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	198505  
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #89
Always Learning

Thanks for this post. I took my early response and expanded it a bit on my site:
Campsite Doggy Etiquette | Learn To RV

Thanks to a couple of folks here for pics of their beautiful friends.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Thanks for this post. I took my early response and expanded it a bit on my site:
Campsite Doggy Etiquette | Learn To RV

Thanks to a couple of folks here for pics of their beautiful friends.

Nicely done article Ependydad...And I was happy to see that you used a picture of our little Allie

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote Reply