Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #11
The only different thing we do is we have a toy box for our little guy and it stays in the trailer at all times. Toys that keep him occupied and he is happy to see them (kind of like seeing a loved friend after being separated for a long time). We have a note book with 2 pictures of our guy, full face and side view, medical papers, rabies certificate, emergency contacts, type and brand of food he eats (allergies). We keep a set of these for each of the animals that we own.
The DH put an I bolt on each step (the had hole was there already) and we can give him a secure area to run, we carry a 25' and a 12' runner (the 12' foot will hook on each step) we then run the 12' runner in the handle of a leash if we have tight quarters while camping. He then has the full side of the trailer to run but can only go out 6' from the trailer.
The most important thing I put on the window is a sign that says "PLEASE SAVE OUR PETS" DOG DEAF JACK RUSSELL You never know what will happen.

Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #12
2 major things to keep peace in the camp ground ......poo bags and leash ! ! after that everything is incidental ! ! ! !
from a
KOA campworker

47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #13
Absolutely agree with the leash and poop bags! One thing I'm not thrilled about is having to clean up after someone else's dog. I have enough of my own! Just booked a bunch of campgrounds we have been to before. They all remembered us. . . In a good way. Hard to forget with 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #14
Omg everyone and Becky I feel like bad mom but we have traveled with dogs for years.the emergency papers are clever.I'll get that typed up.this topic can be sensitive and we've gone round and round on it on another forum. Cloey and zoey are our first motor home dogs since we had travel trailers previously.we've been doing this long before there were harnesses and seats for dogs in the same way I'm still alive in spite of having grown up without car seats, seat belts and a mom who smoked during pregnancy. This is jmho..My girls are nervous.doc have a script for long rides.they need the comfort of mommy so I strap us all in as best as I someone said on another forum, we don't have airbags do we'd all probably die and I'd rather they feel safe while they are but for those who can do carriers that's great.We bought one thinking it would work but it didn't seem any safe. Happy trails.We all Adore our furbabies probably one reason we travel this corral is fantastic.We bought two and put them's a great place for them to go potty and sit with them. They are never left alone...not for a second. Also lol if doggie eats hard to find food like ours do bring lots.
Jo, Elliott, Cloey & Zoey (Havanese sisters)
Georgetown 2014 328TS; 2010 Toyota Corolla
JoanneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #15
Team Bleu
I have A class, took the lounge chairs and put a big kennel crate and locked it into the floor. I travel with Border Collies and Australian Shepherd for show, they are my Master agility dogs. Same as in my SUV, they are always crated. The crate has bumpers just like the ones for a baby crib. On the outside of the crate there are folders, each folder contains information on me, my contact and all about the dogs, photos, micro chip numbers and original Rabie certificate for each one with all updated medical, except I follow injection particles, so the only thing listed is the NYS Rabies. My dogs also travel with fabric collars that include their name and my cell phone number for travel. Since I travel from Maine to Florida and midwest, my RV and SUV are always equipment with everything possible for my dogs, more there for, foods, treats, poop bags, paper dishes to feed, extra cooler if I'm gone a long time, only because I feed Raw all type of leashes, pop up crates, toys, etc. I carry two first aid kits full of stuff. Gallons of water, fans, lanterns jackets for hot weather, cold weather, oh damn there hundreds more, been told I'm prepared for my dogs than some people are with their kids.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #16
By the list I can tell you travel to canine events. Always impressed with Agility dogs, mine just have to stand and look pretty in the ring. Good luck with the competitions! Saw some agility at Purina Farms in 2013.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 AM   #17
Team Bleu
Love Purina Farms, I have BC getting ready for the show ring. Good luck in the show rings
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #18
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
After 5yrs traveling I don't know if I could go without my X-pen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mississippi 15May11.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	68237  
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #19
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
After 5yrs traveling I don't know if I could go without my X-pen.

I totally agree about x-pens, we are heading to Hilton Head, SC this spring, wanted to try a camping resort we hadn't stayed at but read the rules and they don't allow x-pens. We're staying at a resort we have previously stayed and really liked.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1420983935.427009.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	68303

Old 01-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #20
We have two 60 lb dogs that go with us. Whenever they go in the truck, we put a travel harness on them that attaches with a short leash to the seat belt.
Would suggest you get something like this to "anchor" the dog. Can be bought at
almost any pet store. Comes in different sizes, probably the xlarge would fit Olivia.
I don't want my dog flying around and possibly flying forward if something should
happen. Is comfortable for them, they can still move around somewhat, can also
attach leash to the harness to walk them.

Guard your pets. Not everyone treats their pets with as much love as you do. When people approach my dogs, I always keep an eye on my dog. Dogs are just
like people. They don't like everyone. My dogs are friendly but they can sense
critters they don't like!!

My vet recommends Dramamine for car sickness and for calming.

I don't leave my pets for very long in the camper. My Dalmatian howls!! But, if we
do leave for short periods, and the a/c isn't running, we turn on the fan to create
some noise.
Dogs need time to get used to camping, just like people do!

Pets are good company but just remember to keep your pets in mind while you are
away from the camper, regardless of how safe you think they are.

Every day is a day closer to camping!!!!!

2016 Wildwood 26TBSS
2012 F150 Screw XLT
4 leggers Spudz and Halley
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote