Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #21
Team Bleu

Dramamine for car sickness and for calming, NEVER.... there are breeds that can not handle most things human take. Melatonin 2mgs to 10mgs on dog size to take the edge off them. Ginger for the sickness
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #22

Any needed help for motion sickness or other issues its best to consult your vet for options including homeopathic, do a little research then make the decision you feel is best for your situation and the health of your pet. I like to follow this method so I understand pros and cons of a medicine or situation ask questions then I can advocate for my pups. 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #23

Our dogs have traveled with us for several years , we keep their papers, leashes, poop bags etc. etc.

But with our Boxers, we have found the biggest problem we have is people whether we are walking on the beach or through the campground every time someone will bend over, without asking will stick their face in our dogs face and have her lick (kiss) them. Saying they didn't bring their dog and really miss them. Not only ewe (for our dog ) and Boxers are usually overly friendly dogs, but not always & who would just do that without knowing the dog? Not that our dog would, BUT IF they bit them it would be the dogs fault....... The first time it happened I did not think too much about it but it happens all the time...... It is a shame but anymore we keep between our dogs and other people......... because some people just do not think.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #24

You should NEVER stick your face in theirs and look them in the eye. That is a challenge for dominence and should only be done by the alpha of thier pack,which should be you (owner).
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBsRedVett View Post
Dramamine for car sickness and for calming, NEVER.... there are breeds that can not handle most things human take. Melatonin 2mgs to 10mgs on dog size to take the edge off them. Ginger for the sickness
Your opinion. I use Bonine, which my vet recommends and since my vet
knows my dogs, I trust his opinion.
I also use allergy meds for my Dalmatian in the summer for her skin allergies.
A vet should be consulted before giving any "people" meds to their dog.
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote