Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #21
So sorry to hear about your Buddy. That was what my DH wanted to name our dogs. You will miss your wonderful camping 'Buddy'. Our thoughts are with you.

Ken & Maris

Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #22
I'm so sorry to hear that. Our Schipperke had Cushing for 3 years and he had the exact same problems. My heart is out to you, as my eyes tear up and it's been 2 years already. It's the hardest thing I ever did. That dog sailed 1/2 way around the world with us and was always at my wife's side. If we ever got in an argument he use to get in between us. Letting us know then there is more to life then a stupid arguement.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #23
Even my pastor agrees that all dogs go to Heaven.
Captn.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #24
Sorry for your loss

We have been blessed with not having a pet passing while camping. But we have friends that have and thanks to the some campgrounds they have a pet cemetery which is very good. Sorry again for your loss.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #25
Sorry for your loss. We lost our camping buddy and all around great guy last year very suddenly so I know what you are going through. 1 minute things are great and then less than an hour later we were devastated and dealing with his loss. Hang in. Remember all the good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Columbia Pa
2014 Rockwood 2318g
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #26
Originally Posted by Captn.Ken View Post
Even my pastor agrees that all dogs go to Heaven.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers
2016 Flagstaff 23LB
howie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #27
Very sorry for you and your husband. RV'rs probably have more dogs than any other group so many of us have experienced exactly what you are going through. Dogs can put up with a lot of pain without complaining. Your Buddy is now pain free and will see you again.
1 1/2 years later, we still have "Ozzy moments" about our late Boston, but the fond memories start to outweigh the pain. We were going to wait at least 6 months before thinking of another furry companion - we had another dog within 3 weeks and then got another as well. Best wishes
2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #28
Old Shep
by Roy Acuff
When I was a lad, and Ol' Shep was a pup
O'er fields and meadows we roamed
Just boy and his dog, we both had our fun
And we grew up together that way....
EdnKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #29
Very sorry for you loss. Our camping dog was Buddy also. She was like the boy named Sue, a girl with a boy's name. She traveled all over the U.S. with us and to Alaska and back. She got to bark at moose and bears along the way and sniffed all kinds of things that dogs seem to delight in. She developed numerous tumors this past year and we had to make that awful decision. When Bubby began to show signs of going down hill, my wife decided she wanted to get a little Bichon puppy. I was against it at first but by the time Buddy was gone little Muffie had become part of the family. She has gone on a couple of trips with us so far. She enjoys the same sniffing around Buddy did. Bubby lives in our photos and our hearts just as your Bubby will for you. God Bless.
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #30
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
As of right now, I don't think I will ever get another dog. I don't ever want to have to go through this again.
I know what you are saying and I have said these exact words myself. Then six months down the line, I come across a story like this. A cute little girl like this that has a few years on her. Never had a loving home and certainly was never camping. May not get adopted. You may re-think this and share your home and campsite with another little one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilli_5-10-15.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	78468  

Ford 2015 F250 Crew Lariat Ultimate 6.7L Diesel 4X4

my_crib_too is offline   Reply With Quote