Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #31
We purchased our TT 2 years ago & picked it based on how the 2 crates sat well inside of it. A year ago we went down to just 1 crate as one crossed the rainbow bridge. Those bundles of unconditional love get a straight pass to heaven .... so sorry for your loss ... know how it feels to have your campsite dynamics shift around ....

Camping since May 2013 .... FL & GA only so far .... loving it!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #32
Sorry for your loss. We went through the same thing two weeks ago. Our little guy was 15 and has camped with us since he was a pup. Our first trip without him was last weekend and I kept looking for him. Like you I hope it gets easier.

Pilot172 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #33
So Very Sorry

Zinger, we are so sorry that you had to let your fur-baby cross the Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes, the hardest decisions for us are the best decisions for them. I hope you read the Rainbow Bridge story in the comments. It has brought us great comfort. RIP to your fur-baby.
Ken & Val [Lexi's mom] Moczygemba & Tori the dog
Adkins, TX
2015 Forest River FR 3 30DS [Lexi II]
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #34
Sorry to hear about your loss! Losing a pet is never easy. I do not look forward to that day. My Pug loves to travel and thinks the new Coach is his and I am allowed in it so he has someone to sleep with. They are always a bundle of joy! They are fur-kids that never can be replaced.
2016 Days Camping = 12
2015 Days Camping = 48
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #35
Moderators' Assistant
since we lost our Golden, Zoe, a couple of years ago, camping has not been the same. She absolutely loved camping and went with us all of her 14 years.

we lost her at Christmas, while visiting family for the holidays. the following year we didn't camp at all, partially because doing it without her was too painful.

we finally went camping this spring, for 5 weeks and we had a good time.
did we miss her, sure. the DW was always stopping anyone who had a Golden with them, asking if she could pet theirs. it helps her stay connected.
but i still can't bring myself to yet.

but time is healing both of us and when we get settled into our retirement, we plan on getting another Golden and hopefully, it will love camping as much as our beloved Zoe did.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #36
So sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a family member.
Single Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #37
We also love to take our dog with us.........they so much become a part of our family,so sorry for your loss. God Bless.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #38
V-Nose Newbie
So sorry for your loss! Keep the faith and know that if your pet loved camping, he/she would still want you to enjoy it!
Living and loving life,

Dave, Sue and Peanut the wonder dog
davidl1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #39
New to Forest River
Sorry to hear about your loss. Try to remember the years of joy and pleasure your pooch gave you and treasure those memories. We have had many dogs over the years and remember each very fondly. The pain of their passing leaves, the joy of the memories lives on.

Give yourself time to grieve, then you can think about adding another set of wonderful memories with another fur kid.

Roving Ron from Forest River Forums
Grey Nomads:l Ron & Sue
Roving Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #40
First camping trip turned into a nightmare

We lost our yellow lab named Buddy three years ago to Cushings also

Unfortunately he was too old by the time it was diagnosed but we gave him the best life possible and he knew we loved him - the hardest goodbye ever 💕

As everyone says you think you do not want another dog or cannot think of it....we lasted 33 days without a Lab in our house - we got a chocolate pup at Christmas that year

He will never replace Buddy in my heart (momma's boy does not begin to describe Buddy) but Jackson has sure filled that empty place in our home and camper

heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote