Old 05-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #41
I am in tears reading all this as this post is so pertinent to me. I will spend this weekend convincing myself that it's time for my 14 year old shih tzu to go to puppy heaven where he is still young and healthy enough to chase his ball and run from tree to tree in every campground to sniff who has been there before him. He has congestive heart failure which is not responding to treatment and for the past year has used a ramp to get in and out of the motorhome. I am single and travel alone. He is all I have and has been my constant companion traveling all over the US. How will I survive this??

Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #42
I'm sorry for your loss. We become so close to our pets that it is heartbreaking to say good-bye.

FloridaCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #43
We have six dogs and always had at least four. Over the years, I've lost several and its always heart wrenching. I really do know what people go through. One day I hope you will adopt a rescue dog, not to take his place, but because they need you.
I once had a church deacon tell me they don't let dogs in heaven. My response was it wouldn't be heaven without dogs. In my view, they call that hell.
Oh BTW, when I tell folks this old boy will kill someone over one of my dogs, its in their best interest to believe me.
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #44
I am very sorry for your loss. Like many others I have been there several times, and it never gets any easier. Each time I tell myself "never again"...How many times can a broken heart be mended? Friends and family will often tell me that the best way to deal with a loss like that is to go out and get a new puppy...but I have always felt as if doing that would somehow break the bond I felt with my old friend...that somehow "he" would feel I didn't really care. I know that is not the case, but that is my feeling anyway. It will take time, no doubt about will remember the walks, his habits, see his leash and water/food bowls, think of him when you go camping...all of that. But I suppose that is part of the healing process. Take time to mourn his loss and miss him, and soon you will begin to remember only the good things about him and how much he meant to you both. That will be the time to go out and find a new friend. It would be wonderful if you could find it in your heart to give hope and love to an abandoned one in a shelter...I am currently facing the same thing with my little female min pin of 12 years...having trouble walking and particularly squatting to urinate or defficate. How sad.
Jobecka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #45
Pug Love and Prayers to you

I am so sorry for your loss and pray Gods comfort during your loss.

I have had Pugs for 40 Plus years and have lost 8 and one is almost gone 14 years old.

My wife still cries over Pretty Boy a male Pug that shadowed her 24x7 for only 12 years.

We adopted another male (Coach) and he has been a blessing to both of us.

God bless

Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #46
So sorry for your lost. I'm not looking forward to the day I have too make that decision for my yorkie "Kate"
WVFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #47
Losing pets is extremely painfull when you consider them to be your kids. My wife and I used to camp with two cats and two dogs. They all lived long happy lives and we now carry the four urns on all our camping trips, they sit on the bedside table. After two years of just my wife and I we now have Sawyer the camping cat. We just got back from a two week, six state trip and Sawyer loved it, and we loved having him with us. You will eventually get another dog and give him or her the happy life they deserve.
Tim and Shannon
and Sawyer The Camping Cat
2007 Chevy Silverado CC SB Z71
2013 Rockwood Ultralite 2604WS
EnjoyingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #48
We know your loss! Nightmare for us also!

Last month we also went out in our new TT close to home for a routine 6 day trip. Sadly the third day our(black and White) Cocker Spaniel "Bessie" had begin having horrible breathing problems. We rushed her to our vet for her to have oxygen all night. We came in the next morning and called our Vet and got the worst news ever. Our dear "Bessie" had to be euthanized that morning! She would have been 15 years old in one week!! We loved on her and held her to the end. Yes going back camping is going to be hard with 15 years of trips with her. We did get a new (Chocolate)Cocker Spaniel three years ago so we do have one now that really helps with the hurt and loneliness. I truly feel like we will be with our beloved companions again. Remember, they are God's creatures. We are so sorry for loss as we are for our loss. May God bless both of our families!! Fk Walter, Anderson, SC
fkwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #49
Site Team
So sorry for your loss. We have an 11 year old boxer that was diagnosed with Cushings 3 years ago. A month of radiation slowed the progress, but he is slowing down and has trouble with steps. He has camped with us from his first day here and runs to the camper as soon as he sees his camping bag headed out the door. Although it is very hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, it would have been much harder to live all those years without him.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #50
family members

I know the feeling, we had a 6 yr. old black lab we headed south for mlb Spring training in Az. We are from S.D. and stay over night in Colorado. The next day are dog named Sadie didn't feel so good I had to pick her up and help her into the truck. We decided to head for home. called the vet brought her in that afternoon this was Monday and by Wednesday, Had to made a decision to put her to sleep. That was very ,very hard for me to go though. we did not go to spring training. The house was so ……. So and couple of weeks like 6. We found a Black Lab and we save her form being put down just hours before she was 1 1//2 yrs. old. she gave me a lick on the nose……. you know the rest of the story. Well we now have two Black Labs.

outloud is offline   Reply With Quote