Old 05-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #51
I'm sorry for your loss. That's a sad story. Time heals all wounds.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #52
Sorry For Your Loss

I've had to make a decision before for one of my dogs....and sadly, I probably procrastinated longer than I should have. Just hated to lose her. I now have a rescue that is probably the best dog I have ever had. He loves to camp and already I'm thinking that some point I will lose him too.... I know that's crazy because he probably has quite a few years left. BUT. they are a part of you.

Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #53
Sorry for your loss, but Buddy is better off, he isn't suffering anymore. We've had to make the same decision several times. It's always hard, but, we can't let them continue to suffer. Our last dog only knew camping. We picked him up at the shelter, came home, put him in the truck and went camping. He did that with us for 11 years until, like your Buddy, his back legs wouldn't support him.

You made the right decision. He'll always be part of your memories.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #54
I was shocked when my Beagle was diagnosed with lung cancer after have her for 13 years. we had to make that same decision last August and I felt gutted. I didn't even want to go home and not see her there. what I can say is that you are right it will never be the same but keep doing what you love to do this will get easier in time but not for today. i grieved the loss of companionship. it was hard but i gave myself time then in February I found a beagle for sale and we rescued her from a puppy mill i was amazed how how much she needed us, bu the truth is I needed her she is not a replacement but a new companion for my wife and I. I hope this helps in some way God bless all who know the loss.

2015 Forest River Micro Lite 19FD.
1999 K1500 Suburban 5.7 ltr 4X4
2002 GMC SIERRA EXT CAB 5.3 ltr 4X4
The Deans Brownsville Texas
run2jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #55
So sorry for your loss. Sadly we had gone through several times over the years. We had a place with lots of room we had four dogs that we got all about the same time. 10/12 years later they all started getting sick at the same time. After two years when we had to put the last Pup down, we swore we would not get anymore pets. BUT two weeks later we were on the computer looking at Britney rescue and one week later we added a 2 year old to the family. For us we needed the companionship and Cooper needed a home... He is a great Dog.

You of course will have to make your own decision but adopt a new companion don't wait. You will be doing yourself a favor and the Dog as well...
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #56
Very sadClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1432942837.140864.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	78501

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #57
Sorry for your loss We lost our fur baby April 22 to a tumor and I had to make a tough decision to have her put down. I know it seems like the end of the world to you right now but as time passes you will feel better. you will have some memories at times that will make you cry but there will be the good memories also it still will hurt but not as much. We have rescued two new fur babies and that helps they are tiny and have to be fed and taking care of but it helps you get over the one you loss. Take care of you and get back to what you love to do it helps believe me.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #58
I'm deeply sorry for your loss and can defiantly sympathize. On a camping trip to morro bay to get married while we were there, we lost our dog hooch. He died at the top of the steps in our trailer where he came to watch us eat at the picnic table.we noticed he was in destress ,bbut he passed in my arms. It's devastating losing a pet and even more so when it's while doing something so special that we all love,but I promise you that it will get better...not totally, but it will get better.there is not a trip that I don't miss him,but at the same time I do it with him in my heart knowing that he enjoyed it. Be well
BREAKROOMMANAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Oh that's so sad! Our dogs are real family members and their loss can leave a hole in our heart. CS Lewis said, "Grief is the price we pay for love."
We've lost two chihuahua's in the past year and putting a picture of them camping inside the trailer did help. (Cushings is a terrible disease.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:57 PM   #60
I recently had to make that awful decision to have our 12 year old Shih Tzu, Nuggett, put to sleep after a terrible seizure. I was holding her when she died. I am a grown man who cried for weeks and was not ashamed. Nuggett was a camp-a-holic and had her special places in our trailer including sleeping in the bed on her pillow. She was a lake dog and how people would laugh to see her run and jump in the water like she was a black lab. People would call her "daddy's girl" and I would tell them they were right. Spoil her rotten I did. Now Abby has joined our family. Another Shih Tzu that is quickly becoming a camp-a-holic and a "daddy's girl". Abby will never replace Nuggett. I didn't want her to. My wife and I truly enjoy sharing our lives with our pet. Trust what others have told you when they say that the pain will subside and the fond memories will eventually bring a smile to your face. Never stop talking about your loss. My wife and I both get misty eyed when we talk about Nugg but we end up laughing when we think about the silly things she used to do. God bless y'all.

Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote