Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #51

Progress!

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #52

Yes, sounds like great progress. Congratulations. I know this is going to work out for the two of you.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #53

Awesome, camping continues and you have taken control away from her. Congrats on the progress and yes they are very smart some breeds more than others. Keep up the good work with her and I'm sure all will work out for the better.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #54

I am going to change Cinnamon's name to 'Houdini'!!!!

Yesterday, I had locked Cinnamon in her crate with the TV on. When I came back after 1/2 hr, she greeted me at the door, tail wagging, and was soooo excited to see me. I said, "Uh-oh, how did you get out of your crate!"

In the living room, the crate door was still locked, and it was still positioned between a chair and table, so she couldn't have tilted it sideways, and escaped through the bottom of the crate. The mirror that I put along side the crate was still in position, with just a couple marks on the back wall where the crate had rubbed it.

How much do Nanny Cams cost, cause I would love to know how she does it. This is the 4th time she has been able to escape this crate, when it is free standing.

I had moved the crate from my office closet, [which I thought might make her feel more secure and cozy---den-like], to the living room, going on someone's suggestion that she might do better in an area that she could see more things around her, and not feel alone.

I guess I will have to put it back in my computer room closet, seems that the door jamb prevents the cage from moving too far.

Take a look at the pic and see if you can tell me how she gets out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (26).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	36526  
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #55

She must be getting her nose under the cage enough to lift it and squeeze under then the cage falls back into place, try to put the board all the way under then run a chord (bungy or string from the wire front to back under the board to keep it directly under the cage. Question: Did she tear anything up after the escapes? if not this may be a sign of progress or the cage calmed her long enough before the escape.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
She must be getting her nose under the cage enough to lift it and squeeze under then the cage falls back into place, try to put the board all the way under then run a chord (bungy or string from the wire front to back under the board to keep it directly under the cage. Question: Did she tear anything up after the escapes? if not this may be a sign of progress or the cage calmed her long enough before the escape.
Once Cinnamon, ooops, Houdini got out of the crate, there was no damage to the house.....she was probably too tired, plus I wasn't gone that long. During the day, her 'peaceful place' seems to be on my bed, so I think that is where she went after the 'prison escape'.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #57

Slight Alteration

Cinnamon won't be getting into trouble anytime soon....this is her, after I brought her home yesterday, from getting 'spayed'. I know just how she feels....I felt the same way when I got 'spayed'!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo (27).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	36818  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #58
Sealth 1913 G-Series 2014

Here's a suggestion. Leave the window shades up so you pet can look out. Made the mistake of closing the shades and going for a walk, now I have molding around the door that needs replacing.

So how does one replace molding around the inside of their entrance? Does FR have a method to purchase molding that matches what you have? (I have a 2014 Stealth, should be easy to get) Any help????
Old 05-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #59

Cinnamon's gone....

After 10 months of trying to ease Cinnamon out of her Separation Anxiety.....her panic attacks were getting worse and more often....she was having them, even with me in the room.

And something simple, like me just stepping out the door to take the trash out....she would start panting heavily, tremble and shake, run from window to window to try to find me, and cry and whine, etc.

Even the Vet/Behaviorist said we had tried just about everything, up to and including Prozac, but nothing worked.....and that only time would tell....she might grow out of it.....might.

But her panic attacks were coming more frequently and for no apparent reason. The Vet agreed that this constant stress would eventually take it's toll on her body and organs.

So on Wednesday, we made one last trip to the Vet. Crying, I held her in my arms, told her that I loved her, one last time...and then she was gone.

"Cinnamon you are finally at peace and you will always be in my heart, little girl." ♥

Name:	100_1441.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	52061Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinn.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	52062Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (16).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	52063
Old 05-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #60

So, so sorry to hear! I know how hard those decisions are as I've made the same ones over the years! You did the humane thing!

2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote