Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:50 PM   #152
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Good looking camping buddy. One word of caution to all of you, if in the northern climes make sure you get your dog seasonal tick protection. It is amazing how they stick to a dog and then imbed themselves in the dogs skin.
With our two papillons we get the package to apply every month like clock work. It is not cheap but well worth it.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #153

We camp with 3 dogs (boxers) and although we love them, they can be a PITA. The best dog to camp with is a CAT. Our cat never begs to go outside and then wants to go inside as soon as you let them out. Our cat doesn't hog all of the couch space forcing us to sit on the floor. Our cat doesn't jump on the bed in the middle of the night and push us off. Our cat doesn't snore, doesn't fart, and doesn't cry when we leave for an entire day's ATV ride. Our cat doesn't need to be let out and the litter box is discretely convenient. Our cat eats very little and doesn't beg as much as the dogs for for scraps. Our cat doesn't bark, doesn't get muddy, doesn't wander off and visit nearby boondocking camper sites, and sleeps on a pillow on the nightstand in our bedroom.

PS Yorkies, really? I have 3 neighbor's with Yorkies and I have had to catch them numerous times when they escaped. They appear to be experts in getting out of yards and buildings. Love the breed but I'd be afraid that an eagle or hawk would eat one if it got out while camping.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:01 PM   #154

I loved my cats while they were with me, with that said NO one has ever entered the unlocked RV door while Jake was at home alone. He does fart and snore now and then.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #155
MCTroy

Such a cutie! Congratulations on your new family member.
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 6 nights and more reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #156

He is adorable.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #157
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
Good looking camping buddy. One word of caution to all of you, if in the northern climes make sure you get your dog seasonal tick protection. It is amazing how they stick to a dog and then imbed themselves in the dogs skin.
With our two papillons we get the package to apply every month like clock work. It is not cheap but well worth it.
the ticks and fleas get bad in the south too. I stay vigilant about shots, flea/tick and heart worm medications.
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #158
Summer2Go

Yes I know about ticks, I got Lime disease from mowing the lawn in my backyard! Used to have a whole herd of dear visit and nibble my plants. Now due to nearby construction, hardly any Dear, Black Bears, or Coyotes, like we used to.... Just a lot of bunnies eating my pepper plants. Found a tick on the pup already, he is 12 weeks now, and the vet has me starting flea/ticks meds today 4/1.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
Yes I know about ticks, I got Lime disease from mowing the lawn in my backyard! Used to have a whole herd of dear visit and nibble my plants. Now due to nearby construction, hardly any Dear, Black Bears, or Coyotes, like we used to.... Just a lot of bunnies eating my pepper plants. Found a tick on the pup already, he is 12 weeks now, and the vet has me starting flea/ticks meds today 4/1.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
With all this rain and flooding this year I think it will just become a breeding ground for all those little pest. We always do the monthly thing the 1st of each month and also check, nothing is a guarantee..... PS: good luck getting rid of that lime disease
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #160

Seams like the Ticks love our Pine Trees,,,
I have to check my self every time I mow !!!
Just about time to hit the lawn with some Sevin !!!

Tags
camping