Old 02-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #21
For all the right reasons; home and camping: Toy Poodle.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #22
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Our chocolate lab is King of the Camper Attachment 98989
any color Lab becomes king of the camper and king of hearts friendly great with kids sometimes a little barky though.

Mark And Libby
2011 F-350 4X4 Super Crew
2015 Cedar Creek 38FB2
Brampton ON.
Rest and Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #23
Pick a dog you can take everywhere. We take are Yorkie poo everywhere - camping, hiking, kayaking and motorcycling.
Check out this video -
Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #24
Most any breed of dog is good. However, lot of RV parks have insurance policies that will not allow Chows, Dobermans, German Shepherds, "bully" breeds or Rottweilers. Florida seems to be the state that has the strictest policy. Remember to ask when you register. Nothing beats setting up camp and being asked to leave because your dog breed is one of the ones previously noted. It is especially frustrating when your dog resembles another breed.we have an American bulldog that resembles a pit bull. I actually carry two letters from two different vets, her papers and vet shot record, licenses. All declaring she is an ABD and still have been asked to move on. So I'd say take others advice and get a smallish well know breed. Some parks even restrict by weight. Limit sees to be around the forty pounds. Get whatever breed you like - just be aware.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #25
We have a corgi and a pug, they both love to camp.
redcloud1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #26
2003 Georgetown 325
Get a snake. They are always quiet; you don't have to walk it or pick up its droppings....well little ones maybe.
reddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #27
We always had cairn terriers, on the fourth one now over forty years, all of them loved camping and the present one Casey who is two now loves it to.
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #28
We had a German Shepherd that LOVED to go camping with us. She had been obedience trained and had a CGC (canine good citizen) certificate. Unfortunately, some campgrounds consider the Shepherd to be in the banned category. Not to be rude - but we currently do not have a dog and I still WILL NOT patronize a campground that doesn't allow the breed.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #29
Do all of us a favor. When you get a dog, be sure to get it accustomed to all of the campground sounds so that it doesn't bark all of the time. We've camped next to people with "little yappy dogs" that seemed to bark all of the time - whether the owners were present or not. It didn't seem to make any difference if other people were walking down the road or if there were other dogs around - just a constant yap-yap-yap!
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #30
I camp with my two Great Danes and they love it. They are quite and very friendly, start the MH and they hop into there travel cages and sleep while traveling. They weigh about 180 lbs each , so with there food and toys they do add to the travel weight but no worries with the right MH .

Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote