Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels4g View Post
We all have to pay and worry about listening to something we don't want to hear. People arguing, music louder than we prefer, kids playing or just "sport crying," the person who idles their diesel or motorcycle at the crack of dawn, the guy that listens to his tv on 100. That's life.

Every park I have ever been to requires that dogs are on leash.
VERY TRUE !!!
Some people just have no consideration for others,,,
Most Campers are pretty good !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #102

We had a great traveling Welsh Corgi we lost about a year ago. Now we have a little Morkie (half Maltese and half Yorkie) who loves the RV.
The best thing you can do no matter what you get is protection. We bought a unit that if the RV looses park power and therefore air conditioning, this unit would autostart the generator so the AC keeping running.
You can also pick up a fan from Camping World the plug into an outlet. It power lost, it switched to rechargeable battery to keep air flowing in case of a power failure.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabarbob View Post
We had a great traveling Welsh Corgi we lost about a year ago. Now we have a little Morkie (half Maltese and half Yorkie) who loves the RV.
The best thing you can do no matter what you get is protection. We bought a unit that if the RV looses park power and therefore air conditioning, this unit would autostart the generator so the AC keeping running.
You can also pick up a fan from Camping World the plug into an outlet. It power lost, it switched to rechargeable battery to keep air flowing in case of a power failure.
Do you know the brand/model of the fan? I have been looking for one and can't find it!

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #104

Depends on the size you want to camp with Lab is the best .
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #105

The fan is from Camping World. O2 Cool 10" Rechargeable Fan. It's currently $59.99. Cat No. 81391.
It's got 1 bad review for going thru batteries fast but that how I use it. It stays plugged in and will use RV power as long as the power is on. It keeps the rechargeable batteries full charged. In the event of a power failure, it will switch automatically to the rechargeable battery. I think it will run about 5 or 6 hours on battery. It's only required on battery for emergency situation. Hopefully you will never need it. The generator start is the way to go if affordable. I don't have that info any more as it was a few RVs ago. Good Luck and keep your per cool.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #106

Everywhere I've been, you were not permitted to leave your pet alone at the campsites.
We take our dog everywhere, yes it's a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #107

Our older boy, Buster, is a rescue corgi mix. He turned 17 last Christmas Eve. Quiet and loves people. We rescued Roscoe at 2 as he was about to be put down. He is quiet until someone knocks on the door. For him we leave the tv on as he will bark if startled by outside noise. Both love to camp and both are around 25#. After all these years Buster is not happy sharing the camper but puts up with the youngster.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #108
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Everywhere I've been, you were not permitted to leave your pet alone at the campsites.

We take our kids everywhere too. We find a lot of places will allow pups if you ask. Especially during their off-seaon, they want/need/love your business! !

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #109

Quote:
We all have to pay and worry about listening to something we don't want to hear. People arguing, music louder than we prefer, kids playing or just "sport crying," the person who idles their diesel or motorcycle at the crack of dawn, the guy that listens to his tv on 100. That's life.

Every park I have ever been to requires that dogs are on leash.
I am on call at certain times of the year. You got to try to live your life as normal as possible. So you still go camping. Well it never fails I will get the call in the early morning hours.

I have become a menace to campgrounds because if this. Starting a V8 engine quietly is really hard to. Turning on headlights while pointed at tents never makes for good friendships. But the worst is hitting the panic button for the truck at 2 AM and not being able to turn it off quickly. I have done this twice. It is amazing how loud these things are at night.

How does this relate to dogs? More than half start barking while this is happening. I think they are laughing at me, saying what a idiot I am.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #110

Quote:

I have never seen a rule at any cg that dais dogs could not be left alone in the camper. Not permitted outside alone is in many CGs no matter if you are inside or not. They are much more comfortable in the camper than in the TV as most restaurants and attractions do not permit them. As long as they are not a barker when you are not there everyone is happy.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I have never seen a rule at any cg that dais dogs could not be left alone in the camper. Not permitted outside alone is in many CGs no matter if you are inside or not. They are much more comfortable in the camper than in the TV as most restaurants and attractions do not permit them. As long as they are not a barker when you are not there everyone is happy.

Our dog goes everywhere with us when camping. If the restaurant does not allow him, we get take outs. Your pet does not want to be left alone.
Next time read all the paperwork with your site. You will be surprised how many have this rule because of barking dogs .

Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #112

Quote:
Our dog goes everywhere with us when camping. If the restaurant does not allow him, we get take outs. Your pet does not want to be left alone.
Next time read all the paperwork with your site. You will be surprised how many have this rule because of barking dogs .

Restaurants permit service dogs only. The dept of health does not like the idea of ANY animals in restaurants and neither do customers. The rules on barking is standard at nearly every CG, but we read all rules prior to reserving or checking in, never have seen pets cannot be left alone inside. As there are 2 of them, they are not alone. You are able to read the mind of strange dogs? When they trot off for a nap do you think they want me to follow? In Nov we spent a week at the Outer Banks and the couple on our camp side did not know we had a dog until they were breaking camp. We talked several times and the dogs were walked often from the door side.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #113

Quote:
Most campgrounds do put that in their written rules. However, it is kind of like the age of rig thing in that they don't really care but it's an easy way to make you have to move on should you become a pain in the rear.

We take our dogs with us every place that they can go. Lots of times we alternate going into the stores so that one of us can stay in the car. Or, we eat somewhere that allows dogs on their patio.

I have asked at every single campground that we have ever been at if it was okay to leave our dogs crated in our trailer while we are gone. I have never been told no even when it's in the written rules. Also, nobody has ever said anything about our dogs barking (and I have asked our neighbors).

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #114

Quote:
Do you know the brand/model of the fan? I have been looking for one and can't find it!
Amazon has them,,, 02 Cool 10" Rechargeable Fan !!!
About $52,,, I plan to order one this spring !!!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #115

Our Children & Pets must come first,,, but there are times when we have to leave our little Molly Girl by her self,,, she is a very quite Dog,,, or I guess we would not be able to leave her !!! Of course she would rather not be left alone the MH,,, but we do leave her for a few minutes while we do a little bike riding,,, trying to burn off a little fat !!!She is always sitting quietly by the door when we return !!!

We did spend a couple of days last Fall @ THF,,, toured the plant one day,,, and made a quick trip thru Greenfield Village the next day,,, we went in the Fall because of the lack of people,,, and we knew it would be cool enough to leave her in the MH !!! They have a large RV parking lot,,, that was almost empty !!!
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #116

Quote:
Restaurants permit service dogs only. The dept of health does not like the idea of ANY animals in restaurants and neither do customers. The rules on barking is standard at nearly every CG, but we read all rules prior to reserving or checking in, never have seen pets cannot be left alone inside. As there are 2 of them, they are not alone. You are able to read the mind of strange dogs? When they trot off for a nap do you think they want me to follow? In Nov we spent a week at the Outer Banks and the couple on our camp side did not know we had a dog until they were breaking camp. We talked several times and the dogs were walked often from the door side.

That's great! So when a sign saying one way your the guy saying I'm going one way! LOL !

Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #117

Quote:
When we had our German Shepherd we found that many (if not most) restaurants that had outside eating areas had no problem with her being there. Now, she was a VERY well-behaved dog. We'd take a small blanket for her to lay on either under the table or in the corner. When we'd leave she didn't "table surf" the other tables, just walked quietly out with us. Most of the people didn't even realize that she was there. We would always ask the restaurant if dogs were welcome in the outside eating area - never had a problem.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #118

I have to wonder what people that say they take there dogs every where do when they are home,,, and have to go shopping ??? They must have to leave the dogs @ home @ some point ??? You can't take dogs everywhere !!! Can you ??? And you can't leave them in a HOT car !!!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I have to wonder what people that say they take there dogs every where do when they are home,,, and have to go shopping ??? They must have to leave the dogs @ home @ some point ??? You can't take dogs everywhere !!! Can you ??? And you can't leave them in a HOT car !!!
We have a Mini-Pekingese and I will not ever leave her in the car/truck when we travel or are 'in-town' when we stop at any place. We have a carry bag for her (which looks like a large purse with screening) and I will carry her through any place that the wife and I want to go. She never barks or makes any noises in her 'bag'. I would never forgive myself if something happened to the 'little girl' if we left her in the truck. If the wife and I feel that there are certain places that the 'little girl' absolutely should not go, then the wife and I will not go there. Once at a campground we will leave the 'little girl' if we feel that it is safe for her, if not, then she goes with us.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #120
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
When we are at home and have to go to work, store, goof off, etc, etc, etc then they stay at home, sometimes. Sometimes they go with us...several stores allow them (Petsmart, Tractor Supply, etc). There are even times we go on vacations without them and they stay at home with sitters watching them. But when we decide to go camping in our camper they go and then they go everywhere we do.
They don't stay unattended in the car or the camper, end of story
Why? Because that is what we CHOSE to do.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping