Old 10-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #11
We have 3 cats. We take one with us every trip. She rides well in her carrier with us in the truck. Then loves being in the camper. Very careful with the door but she's not really interested in going out. The other two stay home and friends or pet sitter looks in on them once or twice a day.

Pull-Rite 16K Super 5th
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289WS
2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #12
We have 2 Siamese cats, if we camp locally, we stop back daily to see 'um. If we're going farther away, I have a friend look in on them daily. If we go to Door County, Wi., I bring back smoked fish.. for the friend not the cats, he loves smoked whitefish!

2016 Flagstaff 27VRL Emerald
14K Equalizer
2014 GMC 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
We were gone for ten days and had a friend come over and check litter, water, and food about every three days. Cat could have cared less that we were gone!
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #14
Her majesty has stayed by herself for a week (I think she prefers when we leave). I have a littermaid cat box, gravity feeder and water tank. Never have had a problem. Lol, I have a sneaking suspicion that she walks all over the furniture when I am gone!!
2016 Rockwood "rompin" Roo 233S
2012 Dodge 1500 "Clifford the Big Red Truck"
-can't forget Zoe "snoots" our cranky Siamese cat (she owns the place)

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
Okay, I admit to being a dog person, but we live in the country and have an outdoor cat that earns a living keeping critters under control. We use a "Large Automatic Pet Feed Electronic Programmable Portion Control" feeder (AMAZON description) that's good for a month or more. One trip of 6 weeks we enlisted a neighbor to check and refill the feeder every couple of weeks. We are regularly gone for 3 to 5 days most every month and this has worked well for us. Also have a heated outdoor cat house via Amazon that works well.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #16
You might check into the Cat Genie automatic cat box for your inside only cats. We have 3 cats and 2 Genies, one to use in case the other is cleaning itself. They both clean at least once per day, and are also cat activated. We think they are wonderful, have been using them for 4 years.
I Roo The Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
Both cats travel with us when we go. We used to leave them home with plenty of food and water and three large litter boxes for about a week or so. That was until the male turned up with diabetes. Now, he needs insulin twice a day. At first, they weren't happy campers, but after three trips with the trailer, they travel well and have their special places to sit and watch things go by. We've made special arrangements in the trailer for litter and food, and other than the mail tracking litter everywhere everything thing has worked very well (much to my wife's delight).
2015 Palomino SolAire 20RBS
2014 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with special towing package

2015: 18 days camping
2016: 21 days (so far!)
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
Our neighbor was hospitalized for several months. She had a cat that was very reclusive. We went over every few days to fill food and water bowls and clean out the kitty litter. We didn't ever see the cat for months. We only knew it was still there and alive by the disappearing food and the poo in the litter. Finally, after several months he made an appearance. I guess he finally got lonely. He kept his distance but seemed happy to see us. Cats are a different critter. They seem to do well left alone. If you have someone checking regularly, I think you could leave for months, no problem.
Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 26 WRB. 2015 Ford F 250 diesel, Hensley Arrow Hitch
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #19
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Cats just visit where the food bowl is, as they are so independent...although, 2 of mine are like shadows.
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #20
Unless my kitty needed medication, the litter box was the limitter on how long I could leave her home alone. After 3 days she would be very very upset about the condition of her box, and come up with her own solutions....

We could leave her for a weekend, no problem. Longer than that, it became an issue.

So having someone check in every 2-3 days and make sure her box was clean and she hadn't somehow managed to dump over all the water bowls was what worked best for us.

2012 Ford F-150 3.7L V6 -- SOLD
2007 Rockwood 1640 LTD Popup -- SOLD
2004 Bantam 19 HTT -- SOLD
2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote