Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
They do make those anti bark things you can buy. My neighbor barks all the time and I just walk out front, hit the button, and viola..
The removal of 1 (s) and things change...

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Hello folks,

Can we keep the shooting banter out of this thread.
Thanks

ADDENDUM by wmtire: It was felt that the joking references towards harming fellow campers pets, could have the potential to be taken out of context in which they were meant.

The site team decided, for the sake of forum harmony, to go ahead and edit/delete the jokes out of this particular thread.

It's all good.
X-2
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt01 View Post
The removal of 1 (s) and things change...
Hilarious!!

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #24

I's always call...we never went to Driftstone in spite of the fact that it looked beautiful because they had a 1 dog limit and we had 2 at the time. Everyplace is different about number, behavior, breed, where they can go, how long the leash can be, on and on...even now we are on a permanent site at a campground we love, and my dog is mostly well behaved, but we worry about a non dog neighbor having issues and getting us kicked out. You have to know all the rules that's for sure...
kkhslh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Yes I understand rules are rules which is why I drove an hour back towards home the next day to drop off a dog with my son instead of hiding her. And I do think that sometimes complaining and constructive discussion can make changes. Do I think it will ever change NO, which is why we are giving one of our dogs to a friend. But I do think campgrounds should should clearly state all pet rules on websites to avoid confusion or awkward situations when arriving. If the rules and regulations I was given stated a two dog limit I would never of adopted the third dog, and it took some digging to find others that clearly listed a limit on pets. And when full timing I am sure there will be times when making a call may not be available so you go off info on website. I guess my big thing is, what is the differance between 2 dogs or 3 dogs, one dog can cause as many problems as multiple dogs if the owners are not good owners. Even though it is an unanswerable question I would love to know how they came up with the number 2 as the limit instead of 1,3 or maybe 4. Someone before posted a suggestion I really like which is paying a fee for every pet over the limit, something realistic like $5 for every pet over limit. I would have no problem paying that fee, they do it for additional guests, so why not with pets?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
CG's in my area charge a fee 5 to 8 dollars per day for every dog/pet and some have the 2 pet limit as well. When you call to make the reservation they ask you how many pets.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #26

OK, this is my take on it , since they only allow two on the campground, what if you rotate the dogs and only let two outside at a time, then in reality you only have two on the campground and one in your rv home. Not sure if it would work, but, it's a thought, hope it works out for you. We only have one dog, but, once we stayed at a county park that did not allow any, we had to leave her with our son only because it was close to his house, I won't do it again. Our dogs are family they deserve to be with us.

Sent from my HP Slate7 Extreme using Forest River Forums mobile app
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote