Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
Sorry for your loss. It hurts right now, but time will eventually wipe away the pain.

2008 Rockwood 8265S
2006 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab LT w/5.3V8 & Tow Pkg.
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
Your story broke my heart. Last year at this time we had to put Comet our 12 year old Golden Retriever to sleep. He had bone cancer. It was one of the hardest things we ever had to go through. I know exactly how you feel. Comet loved to go camping also and it was very hard at first when we went without him. Im so sorry for your loss.

tchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Jim & Kathy, my sincere condolences.

After we had to put our golden retriever to sleep several years ago, I told the missus that I didn't want to go through that heartache again, and told myself that I never wanted a pet again. That didn't last long. Sango, our goldendoodle will never replace Brodie (the retriever) but we ended up with another great dog.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
Kathy and I would like to thank you all for your warm comments and words of comfort. Bailey was truly a member of the family and we miss her very much. The memories of her will carry us through until we meet again. Thank you all so much.

Jim & Kathy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BaileyOnGrass.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	1748  

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #15
How lucky she was to have people to love her so much. And how lucky you were to have her in your lives.
Fishfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
I am so sorry for your loss. It is not an easy decision to make and them being old or sick doesn't make it any easier. We had to put down our 20 year old rescue chihuahua early this year. He was just old and his body started to shut down. As much as I hoped he would pass in his sleep, I couldn't in good conscience let him suffer. It was my first time faced with this decision and boy it was hard.
You will always have the great memories and maybe one day when you are ready, you can open your heart and home to another doggie. I am sure Bailey would approve.

- 2009 Rockwood 2501SS Ultralite
- 2007 Chev 2500HD
Southern Alberta, CANADA
gizzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
In the short time they share the planet with us, they give us so much happiness and fun. And, I do think they are sent to us for a reason. I am sad to hear about your loss, but I'm glad that you gave Bailey such a great life. Maybe you'll find another dog along the way that needs your kindness and love, as well. Best wishes.

nestorg is offline   Reply With Quote