Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #1

Sad Weekend

This past Saturday night (07Jun08) we put to sleep Squirt, our 15 ½ year old shi-tzu. Her health had been failing for the past few months and she had developed another nasty toe infection. We tried more antibiotics and they just tore her up. The infection spread to an adjacent toe and they would have both had to have been removed (she already had 2 removed about a year ago due to infections). Her hip and hind legs were not giving her the support she needed to walk for more than about a minute at best. She was getting weak with all the meds she has been on and the past surgeries she has had to endure. A tougher and sweeter little pooch I have never had the pleasure of meeting. She was a “Lap Dog”, you had a lap and she wanted to sit in it. We had the pleasure of gaining her company in January of 93 and she was so small she fit in the palm of my hand; she might have weighed a whole 12 ounces. She didn’t bark or make a noise until she was about 6 months old. She was a wonderful little pooch.
It has been a hard couple of days. I never in my life thought I would be that attached to an animal but for the first 6 years of her life she was our child as we hadn’t had our two little ladies yet. She wasn’t a pet. She was a part of our family. We never went anywhere without her and she loved to “go by by”.

While the vet was administering the injection she stated “She’s lucky to have had you”. Yesterday I brought that up to my wife and told her the vet had it all wrong. WE were lucky to have had her.

We are gonna miss you Squirt. Rest easy now little pooch. No more pain. Chase a few rabbits up there in heaven.

I’m locking this thread to dissuade responses. I just felt the need to write something up. I thank you in advance for any well wishes you may have.

greg
Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Bad week for dogs

I understand.

We lost Jake this week to cancer of the spleen, which also took Jakes mother about 2 years ago.

In this picture from Matt's high school days you can tell these two were best friends, and you can see Jakes special remarkable-ness in his face. He was a fine animal, and we all miss him.

Even Dottie the Dalmatian wonders what happened to Jake. She isn't eating well anymore and seems depressed. She is loney for Jakes company out in the dog pens.

Yeah, we all know what it's like to loose a dog. It sucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MattJake4web.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	884  

Closed Thread