Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #31
Go for it! Border Collies in my opinion are the BEST dogs! Upon coming to Clovis, NM I wanted a dog to keep me company. I was checking out online sites, craigs list and the local pound but i was staying in hotel (waiting to close on my house) that didn't allow pets. At the back of the hotel i saw a border collie laying underneath a hawking my every move. I didn't think much of it and went on about my business. About two days later, i saw him again. I sat down on the curb and he came trotting and sat down next to me. He was in some bad shape, his fur was matted and was quit skinny. I advertised him on social media sites, craigslist and at the local pet store...and i am so thankful that no one claimed him. My thought is go for it! Rescue dogs know that it's their second chance and they thank you for it!

Bakka323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
Thanks everyone for the support. He had a hard time getting used to his kennel and did keep me up for a good portion of the night but he did finally fall asleep and he was out cold on his back this morning when I got up. The cat is going ok just keeping a really close eye on him and he really doesn't want anything to do with her. I think it will just take some time but I think both will be ok.

2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #33
Aw...what a cutie. There is a fulltimer here at the park I'm in presently who is living in a small 5th wheel with 2 border collies. He seems to be doing well. Only problem is they are serious barkers. So, if you can work with your boy and keep him happy and quiet and exercised, you should be fine. Kongs are great to leave with him in his crate. Freeze sardines or peanut butter & they will last longer.
Crate/kennel also keeps them safe from eating stuff they shouldn't!
Sue & Sibes
2002 Ford Expedition XL
2012 Tracer 2700 RES Touring Edition
4 Trips 70 nights
SibeTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #34
Site Team
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Well here he is. His name is ripley and he is a full bread border collie. He was great all night. He does listen very well already and seems house broken but we got him a kennel just to be sure for a little while.
Absolutely awesome! There are so many dogs out there that are wonderful and deserve a loving home. Good for you!

P.S. Both of our Wirehair Fox Terriers came out of puppymills. They have taken a lot of work but it is so rewarding. Once they bond with you, you have the most loyal dog imaginable.
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #35
We have two dogs that go every where with us as pictured. Their not only good company but are good burglar alarms.
Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #36
Congrats on your new family member! He's adorable! Next time you're at Walmart, go to the sports section, and buy a CASE of tennis me, you'll need the whole case. ;0)

We play "hide the ball" games all the time. We put them in drawers, pockets, in cabinets, under blankets, anywhere, and our girl finds them. Just amazing to watch.

2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote