Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #671
Senior Member
 
aspengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
These doggies are all so cute. My little 11 mo G.G. has to have surgery to correct luxating patella monday.
We are sad she has this genetic defect and very concerned how to control her activities after for 8 wks. She is so energetic and loves to play all day. It's going to be very difficult.
Best wishes to her on her surgery. Our thoughts are with you all! Our little Bailey sends little "boofs" to her.
__________________

__________________
Larry, Paula & Bailey the Adorable Red Toy Poodle
2012 Solera
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #672
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
Best wishes to her on her surgery. Our thoughts are with you all! Our little Bailey sends little "boofs" to her.
Thanks so much!
__________________

__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #673
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55
Ziggy our best friend

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130909_194019.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	39489
__________________
david155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #674
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55
I don't know how I did that and I'm not smart enough to fix it
__________________
david155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #675
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by david155 View Post
I don't know how I did that and I'm not smart enough to fix it
Thats OK - he's cute even upside down.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #676
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

Thats OK - he's cute even upside down.
Thank you lol
__________________
david155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #677
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,094
Lily our Yorkie sharing her camping experience with Phoebe (Minnie Aussie), her niece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	39491   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	39492   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	39493  
__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #678
Senior Member
 
Taranwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
These doggies are all so cute. My little 11 mo G.G. has to have surgery to correct luxating patella monday.
We are sad she has this genetic defect and very concerned how to control her activities after for 8 wks. She is so energetic and loves to play all day. It's going to be very difficult.
I'm with you here--my three-legged pittie tore the cruciate ligament in her lone rear leg back at the end of June. Had surgery to correct it July 19th, and was non-weight bearing for two weeks, then partial weight bearing for four more weeks. It was challenging keeping a 3 year old pittie calm for 6 weeks. The crate is your friend. Also, we bought a simple sling from Outward Hound--it went around her belly and hind quarters, so I could carry her back end like a suitcase while she walked with her front legs. It was a lot of effort, but its worth it--she's now back to full weight bearing and is slowly building up strength in the back leg--she lost a lot from the disuse. Also, ask your vet to prescribe Tramadol--it's a narcotic pain med that also helped keep her calm--one a day was good, two knocked her out too much. Previcox is an excellent canine anti-inflammatory as well. Both are not cheap, though.

Good luck, Zula the Tripawd Pittie sends your girl good mojo...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)27
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #679
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I'm with you here--my three-legged pittie tore the cruciate ligament in her lone rear leg back at the end of June. Had surgery to correct it July 19th, and was non-weight bearing for two weeks, then partial weight bearing for four more weeks. It was challenging keeping a 3 year old pittie calm for 6 weeks. The crate is your friend. Also, we bought a simple sling from Outward Hound--it went around her belly and hind quarters, so I could carry her back end like a suitcase while she walked with her front legs. It was a lot of effort, but its worth it--she's now back to full weight bearing and is slowly building up strength in the back leg--she lost a lot from the disuse. Also, ask your vet to prescribe Tramadol--it's a narcotic pain med that also helped keep her calm--one a day was good, two knocked her out too much. Previcox is an excellent canine anti-inflammatory as well. Both are not cheap, though.

Good luck, Zula the Tripawd Pittie sends your girl good mojo...
Thanks. I appreciate your support because I need it! She's home today post-op day one and I frantically called around when I got home from work this eve. She's so lethargic and it's 36 hours post-op. DH picked her up from hospital this am while I was at work.
She's on a potent Narcotic pain patch called Fentanyl. 25mcg Dose I would give an adult, and she's only 8 pounds. The ER/ICU vet said it was a dose for her size (dogs metabolize differently she said) and her lethargy 1st day home is normal. It feels like torturing her when it was all to make her better. Very distressing! I appreciate your support. This is much more complex for sure than a spay surgery. I'm such a worried camper! I'm going to get one of those slings too if she ever decides to move!
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #680
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 632
One of our rescues, Jody had torn her ligament in her back leg. Had to have TPLO surgery. She was to stay calm for 12 weeks. Took some doing, but with a crate and a play pen, it all worked out. She then injured her other back leg and we had to do a repeat of the surgery. She finally was "good to go" and she was diagnosed with cancer of her spleen. She only was with us a couple of days after that :-(. We miss her terribly, had her cremated and a marker done. We will bury her in the back yard eventually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3231268640.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	39542  
__________________

__________________
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.