Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2019, 11:31 AM   #1

Taking pets with us on vacation.

Hello Everyone,what do people do when they want to leave your pets in the rv. So we can run errands. We want to monitor the temps inside the RV. We would like to use our tablet that has phone service.we would like it to send us inside temperature updates. Does anyone know of a temp sensor device that can be purchased to accomplish this? Not using wifi. Just bluetooth with our phones.
mikegernes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:56 AM   #2

Bluetooth will only work when the two devices that are trying to communicate are within close range (5'-20', depending on the type of BT). I know of no way to monitor a temp sensor left in a camper without using WIFI other than Making a phone call and leaving a phone connected with something like facetime (video call program) open and pointed at your temp monitor.

They make bunches of temp sensors that are wifi enabled and would do exactly what you are trying to do.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #3

We live in South Louisiana and have worried about "the kids" when we go somewhere or just hang out at a neighbors campsite. If the AC were to go off in the summer, the temp could be deadly to them in minutes. We purchased https://www.sensoredlife.com/#/ . A MarCELL uses the cellular network (Verizon in the US). You set your high temp alarm level, low temp level, and I think humidity. You can also add flood sensors ( don't seem to need them for the 5th wheel). When power goes out, or returns, or any of the alarms activate, you almost immediately (seconds) get a notification. I use text and it's quick. There is also an app you can put on your smartphone that allows you to check whenever you want (pay in advance for that), or it will allow you to see about every 6 hours for free. Been using it for about 2 years. The camper is in inside storage about a mile from the house. It doesn't freeze often here, but it can. We don't winterize. I put a small electric heater inside and when the temp gets low enough, the heater will kick on, but if the power goes out, I have to go by and reset the heater. Oh, there is an internal battery in the MarCELL that allows it to monitor and send messages after a power failure.

When we camp, we can go into town, now, do some sightseeing, and not worry so much about "the kids". I lower the alarm level, before we leave and if the temp gets over 80, I get alerted. Gives us time to get back and get them out and resolve the issue.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

Here is another option

RV PetSafety Pet Environment Temperature Monitor (6 months subscription included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DR6RBVV..._n5PFCbKBSQESV
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat