Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

The best place to camp with your dog!!

I highly recommend Four Paws Kingdom Campground in Rutherfordton, NC. The campground is especially for folks who like to camp with their dogs. Lots of off-leash dog areas, including a pond where your dog (and you) can swim. There's some kind of activity almost every weekend - some for people, some for dogs. Molly (my cockapoo) and I have been camping there since 2008 & love it. You can check out the website here: Four Paws Kingdom - The best kept secret for Camping with your Dog!. Looking forward to heading back to 4 Paws this weekend. First trip in the new (to me) Roo 21SS.
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Anacortesians

That's a heck of a long way for us! We've found increasing numbers of CGs (particularly KOAs) have installed fenced dog areas where you can let your dogs off leash. I'd really like to see the feature mentioned in the Good Sam directory.

Most of the time we walk our two Labs around the CG on leash. They're well behaved, don't bark too much and are reasonably friendly. Angus has a real problem with motorcycles. He was hit by one when he was quite young, suffering a chipped shoulder and a broken leg. He has made it his life's work to kill everyone of the SOBs. Keeping him under control when one passes by is quite difficult. At less than 5' tall and around 130#, DW has a real problem controlling him.

It will be interesting this weekend when the "Oyster Run" comes to town. Typically we get around 25,000 motorcycles in town for the weekend. It will be interesting to see if Angus can handle the sensory overload!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

I would love to take our dogs there, but it's a bit far for us too

Dori
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote