Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #1

What Did You Name Your Pet

We camp with two dogs. They are what have been called "Designer Mutts" and they are a cross between a Shitzu and a Wire Hair Fox Terrier. These dogs are killers........killers I tell you. Its like being attacked with a feather duster. Eighteen pounds of......well....Love. They are brother and sister, two years old now. We named them Ziggy and Zaggy. The looks we get and the comments we get from other campers when we call "Here Zig, here Zag" are pricless.

Bill, Lisa, Alex and Zig and Zag
2009 SV 291
2001 Z71
1971 MG Midget
Pontoon Boat
Jon Boat
Three Grandkids
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
I have two akita's. My female's name is Kayla because she is very tiny and dainty for her breed and Kayla is a very feminine name I felt.

My male on the other hand is a brute. We named him Diesel. He is 160 pounds of pure puppy....lol He's still got a lot of growing to do but the name fits him well.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #3

My dog, a pure breed German Shepherd is named Haley. Nothing out of the normal there but my sister has a shitzu-poodle mix (just a small little dog) and named it Dagnabbit. She also gets looks when she calls out to the dog "Come Dagnabbit".
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #4

We have a blond Chow. From what I've found out on line from Chow breeder websites, Blonds occur about once out of every ten thousand puppies. She was named when we rescued her from a home where she wasn't wanted(my brother). Her name is Sandy. I still haven't told him how rare of a dog she is.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Campfire Master

We have 2 yellow Labrador Retrievers. They have the same parents, yet from different litters. When we brought the first one home the grand daughter loved the Flintstones. So their names are Pebbles and Bam Bam.

AVid
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Currently have 3 dogs:

Female Pug named Crystal.

Female Boston Terrier named Kona.

Male German Shepherd Dog puppy named Hilo.

(Kona and Hilo are cities on The Big Island of Hawaii)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

2 Wirehair Fox Terriers named Spanky and Darla; The Little Rascals! Used to love that show as a kid.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #8

dallas the girl rotty
and Peanut or "little dog" he is girthy 60 lbs, the stray that found us
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Newb

We have a German Shepherd/Huskey (?maybe, we're guessing) that we rescued - she's about 2.5 now and had her since she was 11 mos. We named her Teisha as that means quiet or gentle in Russian. (My DH is a Russian linguist) The name is perfect - she barks very rarely and is very gentle and calm.

(i wish i knew the Russian word for neurotic, however, as the last camping trip she was a total pain in the butt - she won't go to the bathroom and is very nervous all the time!)
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #10

Mine I found in the woods and saved him. He was 3 months old and weighed around 15lbs. I has part boxer but nor sure of the rest. His name is Socks for his 4 white feet and he loves to ride and camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	socks2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1524  
1996 Impala SS 1972 Chevelle SS
donjuanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiPatti View Post
We have a German Shepherd/Huskey (?maybe, we're guessing) that we rescued...
No kidding...you don't happen to have pictures do you?

We rescued a (what they're telling us) German Shepard/Border collie almost 5 years ago. We took him to Moab with us one year and everybody thought he was a g.s./huskey mix. I don't really think so, but short of doing the doggie dna test, we really dont know.

here's a pic of Fisher. Does yours look anything like this?

thanks.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #12

Our happy camping basset hound is named Pickles Louise. The three cats that stay home are Alphonse, Buford and Bubbles.
bdbopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
Cyber Phrenologist

Pointing out the obvious...

We call her "Dottie"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dottie.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1535  

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #14

Location: about 65 miles SE of Buffalo & 70 miles SW of Rochester NY
We have 2 miniature wire haired dachshunds, Archie and Edith, from the same breeder but not related.
BJGMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
390bh

we have 3 giant schnauzers that live with us, names are pablo, a male that at 17 months weighs 105 lbs, his sister koalby sue, and magic, we show all 3 in conformation, all are champions,but my wifes favorite is a german shepard named sheba she was a stray who found us, and we are proud she did.this is a picture of magic winning best in show !!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	magic best in show.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	1536  
chaser1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #16

we have a black lab mix our daughter nursed back to health after being rescued from a dumpster, his name is rascal, 7 years old, great dog. we also have a beautiful 4 year old brown bassett named sadie, stubborn, but sweet, loves to camp. they are both great listeners.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #17

Funny problem here. The female dog, "Zaggy" (see my first post) has suddenly developed an insane love of a sqweeky toy that has been lying around the house for a year or so. She never has shown interest in this toy untill the last two months, now she can't do without it. The sqweeky toy is an obsession to the nth degree for her. Goes to bed with it, wakes up with it, etc... Could it be that she has been fixed have something to do with it?
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill U View Post
We camp with two dogs. They are what have been called "Designer Mutts" and they are a cross between a Shitzu and a Wire Hair Fox Terrier. These dogs are killers........killers I tell you. Its like being attacked with a feather duster. Eighteen pounds of......well....Love. They are brother and sister, two years old now. We named them Ziggy and Zaggy. The looks we get and the comments we get from other campers when we call "Here Zig, here Zag" are pricless.

Bill, Lisa, Alex and Zig and Zag
2009 SV 291
2001 Z71
1971 MG Midget
Pontoon Boat
Jon Boat
Three Grandkids
We have 3 dogs and we do not call them by their given names:

The Jack Russell was named Rocky but we have always called him 'Tick' because when he was a tiny puppy he would eat so much that his stomach would get big and he looked like a tick!

The Bassett Hound was named Jasmine but we usually call her 'Bass'.

Our newest is a Chihuahua which we rescued and his name was Toto, but we call him 'Aps' (short for Applehead) which was the shape of his head!

Our cat Harley, died a few weeks ago (old age related). The dogs are still wondering around the house looking for the cat, I think they need grief counseling.

So far we have only camped with Aps, and he is always an angel. We have not been brave enough to bring them all with us yet. We have 2 doggie doors at home that they use to let themselves outside into our fenced yard (through the sliders and then out through the pool enclosure into the yard) and they are not used to notifying us when they have to go out, they just go out when they have to, so I am unsure of how they will fare on a camping trip.

We also have 3 sons, but you did not ask about animals in general, only about the pets!

Allison

dufchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #19

Geeeezz.... All these dog people, My wife and I travel with our siamese cat named "Angel". (SSHHH...She dosen't know that she is a cat) She lays on the console of the truck while we are underway and when we stop, She gets up to check out the surroundings! When we start back down the road, she climbs back on the console between my wife and I and lays back down. She almost never meows but will "stretch up the side of you when she wants something! (Yes, she has been declawed). She has her own cage which I place outside in the shade next to the door with a thick matress on the floor, and will lay outside for hours watching all the goings on. Many people have stopped by to inquire about her as nobody has ever seen a "camping cat"!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #20

Yellow Lab named 'Eloise'. She is the 4th yellow Lab we have had, and they have all been rescue dogs, but she is the only puppy we ever adopted. She was a holy terror as a puppy (failry normal for a Lab), and we had a terrible time finding the right name for her. Then I remembered a series of children's books from when our girls were little - they were about a little girl named Eloise, who was a female Dennis the Menace tpye. Perfect! Oh - she loves to swim.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Copy (2) of PIX 048.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1610  

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote