Xylitol Toxicity in Dogs | VCA Animal Hospitals
This product is used in a lot of sugar-free candy and especially chewing gum.
A member of my FB doxie group page had to rush her pup to the ER vet after he got into her purse and chewed up a small packet of sugar-free gum. She came close to losing him, and he survived only because she caught him "in the act" and rushed him to ER.
" Even small amounts of xylitol can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), seizures, liver failure or even death in dogs."
Always check any human "treat" you might be tempted to share with your dog.
Xylitol is very quickly fatal for our canine companions.
If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS
, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013
Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014