Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #1

47 West Trailers Troy MO- Service Dept. beware of!

Lets just say "Terrible experience there". Don't go here to fix your camper. I have had to bring my trailer back to them for warranty work 3 or 4 times now and still they have not fixed everything I had detailed instructions, pictures, even marked each location on what was wrong. (too many to count to list but will show a few pictures) Easy fixes also I think because I could do it, but i'm not buying the parts w/ my own money. I also live 2 hours away because they were the only dealer that had the one around. Just beware
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_141204.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	196554   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_143056.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	196555  
pro4100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4100 View Post
Lets just say "Terrible experience there". Don't go here to fix your camper. I have had to bring my trailer back to them for warranty work 3 or 4 times now and still they have not fixed everything I had detailed instructions, pictures, even marked each location on what was wrong. (too many to count to list but will show a few pictures) Easy fixes also I think because I could do it, but i'm not buying the parts w/ my own money. I also live 2 hours away because they were the only dealer that had the one around. Just beware
Not to be smart... But my camper looked like that when it came from FR...

But welcome to the forum!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

Thanks! Yes I know that it comes from the Factory like that. (lousy job if you ask me) The rear isn't like that and I know its a slap together operation how these things are assembled. It still leaks, I can see holes all over the place on that strip. It wasn't fixed/should have been but that is just 1 thing. When the dealer tells you the plug isnt leaking or couldn't get it to leak and then you see ice in it, then tell me thats not a health concern lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Yes, many of the service places are much to be lacking!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #5

Yes sir tell me about it. Time to do it myself if contacting the BBB or the mfg don't pan out.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #6

47 West had the exact camper we ended up buying, but after visiting them we decided not purchase from them

We had cash in pocket for a down payment and walked
Old 02-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #7

After three years of reading about all the problems that others have with their newly purchased RV's, I feel lucky that I have only had one problem with our 2016 Prime Time Crusader Lite. On our first three day trip, the AC unit would not cool, took it to a independent RV repair facility, got permission from Dometic for repairs and a new AC unit was installed. I have not had any other problems with the trailer. It has been towed from Southwest Louisiana to Yellowstone NP, down to North Padre Island National Seashore and up to the Great Smoky Mountain NP. I do all of my own maintenance within my scope of knowledge, that way I know it is done correctly. If your going to own a RV of any type, you will need one of two things. You will either need to know how to fix small problems yourself or have deep pockets.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #8

Still under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
After three years of reading about all the problems that others have with their newly purchased RV's, I feel lucky that I have only had one problem with our 2016 Prime Time Crusader Lite. On our first three day trip, the AC unit would not cool, took it to a independent RV repair facility, got permission from Dometic for repairs and a new AC unit was installed. I have not had any other problems with the trailer. It has been towed from Southwest Louisiana to Yellowstone NP, down to North Padre Island National Seashore and up to the Great Smoky Mountain NP. I do all of my own maintenance within my scope of knowledge, that way I know it is done correctly. If your going to own a RV of any type, you will need one of two things. You will either need to know how to fix small problems yourself or have deep pockets.

The issue is its still under warranty and I am not going to pay for something that should be fixed the 1st time. I agree too, you have to know to work on things yourself or they get you everytime. Cars/Homes/motorcycles, I have them all and work on them so you're a 100% correct.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4100 View Post
The issue is its still under warranty and I am not going to pay for something that should be fixed the 1st time. I agree too, you have to know to work on things yourself or they get you everytime. Cars/Homes/motorcycles, I have them all and work on them so you're a 100% correct.
That’s the kicker... you ARE paying for it. You said it’s been back 3 to 4 times at 2 hours away. Fuel mileage alone, you’re paying for it. And then never mind the time and aggravation.

Personally, I’d look for a nearby RV service center who doesn’t sell RVs and would contact your manufacturer to find out what their reimbursement process is. A lot of times, the service centers can bill directly to the manufacturer.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #10

Contact FR directly and get them to authorize a mobile service to do it. You may have to front the money but FR will reimburse you if the work is authorized first. I don't know what your time is worth, but I'd be taking it to someone closer if 47 doesn't satisfy your expectations. You're spending a ton of money dragging the trailer back and forth.

I don't live far from them, and they didn't have anything I cared for but I got a bad vibe from them. Like, their prices are way too good to be true.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, trailer