Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

Albany RV and Forest River

I've seen a lot of negative reviews for a lot of rv dealers, and I would just like to tell you about our experience with Albany RV, (a.k.a. RV One Albany) and Forest River's warranty dept. We are very pleased with Albany RV. Right from our first connection with our internet sales associate, Maureen W, everyone has been very helpful. And speaking of Maureen, she is the best ! She has been there every step of the way. I really cannot say enough good things about her.

We had a few problems with our brand new Rockwood 83311WS, (which we absolutely love) but between Maureen, Kate, and Carolyn at Albany RV, and Rayna, at Forest River, all issues were resolved in a timely manner.

I want to give credit to James, another very helpful sales associate, and Zack, who did our delivery demo for us, and who, BTW, was very positive and upbeat during a pouring rainstorm while we took delivery of our TT.

All of these people work very hard to please their customers, and deserve high praise and respect for a job well done. If you have a problem, treat people with respect, and you will get respect in return.

I'm posting this because like I said, I've seen a lot of negative reviews, and I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people who, like us, had a great experience. You just don't hear from them as often as you do when someone has a problem.

One last thing, we traveled over 200 miles to buy our travel trailer from Albany RV for three main reasons. One, our local Forest River dealer did not have the floor plan we were looking for, (and didn't seem very knowledgable) two, Maureen (she really is the best!) and three, Albany RV's very competitive pricing.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #2

Are you still pleased with the service dept? Have you had reason to visit again. Hubby and I stopped in this afternoon to "look" but was skeptical due to the negative responses.
mattsmom499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Another big thumbs up for RVOne

I TOTALLY AGREE! I purchased a Jayco at RVOne in Orlando/Orlando RV and my new Rockwood at RVOne in Tampa/Tampa RV. I was so happy that my first incredible experience with RVOne was not a fluke. I got excellent deals at both locations; the salespeople were awesome and the negotiated pricing was the best of all dealerships I was working with. Had the most complete walk-through at both. Excellent follow-up from their corporate office. All crazy good. I have worked with the Service Department at Tampa RV - service has been timely, high quality and the staff is so friendly. They also have a mobile service technician who is excellent as well.

So good to hear that the quality is consistent all the way from Florida to New York! Thank you for posting!!
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #4

Des Moines RV One bad

Bought a pop up from them (early May of this year). Wanted air added to it. Signed "storage" agreement for the unit. Storage consisted of leaving unit set up on lot with a new price tag inside. While it was there waiting for the air to be installed 2 of the marker lights had their lenses broken off. Bird poop inside the unit from leaving door flapping in the wind.

Day of delivery all things had been fixed. Hooked up to TV. Tried to adjust brake controller. Says no connection. Check 7 pin etc. same thing. Back to service bay. Explained to tech what was happening. Says not a problem. Unit does not have brakes.. Really? Factory invoice shows them. Sales manager comes out and tells me that it does have brakes. Ok. Look under unit. See any wires - brake drums??? Oh....

Leave unit there. Sales mgr called 4 days later. They will swap out for unit with brakes. OK. Back out to redo paperwork. Again need to leave to have air installed. Same "storage" agreement. Same issue. had really bad storms roll thru 2 days before scheduled delivery (very early June). Went out there to look for my unit. There she was. Set up. All the windows unzipped. Door flapping. Water soaked mattresses and floor. Door hinges bent so it would not close.

Ended up telling sales manager I would take original unit sans brakes (at least it had the power lift) and deal with it. Take delivery mid June. During PDI saw that awning bag ripped at seam. No big deal. Warranty item. Also ordered a screen room for it. When I got home I e-mailed Rayna at FR. She checked and agreed that my unit was supposed to have brakes installed at factory. Would send parts and cover labor. Just need dealer to contact them.

Now 1st of Sept and still no brakes, screen room or replacement awning. I have been in contact with RV One every other week to find out progress. Every time I get answer that they are back ordered. Checked with FR. Found that the parts needed to add brakes (new axle) had just been ordered just a few days ago.
Iowa Frogfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Frogfarmer View Post

Now 1st of Sept and still no brakes, screen room or replacement awning. I have been in contact with RV One every other week to find out progress. Every time I get answer that they are back ordered. Checked with FR. Found that the parts needed to add brakes (new axle) had just been ordered just a few days ago.
This is so typical of dealers. They'll tell the customer that FR hasn't sent the parts, only to find that the dealer never ordered them.
Rarely is it that FR hasn't sent them but sometimes it's the parts supplier, like LCI or Dometic, that's holding things up.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #6

WOW! Sorry you had such a bad experience. I can only comment on ours, which was with RV One in Albany. Like I said, we had a very good experience and really great people to work with.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #7

Poor dealer response

Never heard of this before, has anyone else. Bought a new tt in neighboring state (Mich). After camping a number of times needed to have some warranty work done. I called local dealer in my state (IL). They carry same brand as my trailer. Was told that they would not work on it if I didn't buy it off them. I told them they even though they were a Forest River Rockwood dealer they never had the particular model I wanted. Still too bad no service from them. What if I bought trailer while I was in Florida, am I supposed to back there for service? House of Camping in Bridgeview , IL very poor representative for Forest River.

Muir415
muir415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:23 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muir415 View Post
Never heard of this before, has anyone else. Bought a new tt in neighboring state (Mich). After camping a number of times needed to have some warranty work done. I called local dealer in my state (IL). They carry same brand as my trailer. Was told that they would not work on it if I didn't buy it off them. I told them they even though they were a Forest River Rockwood dealer they never had the particular model I wanted. Still too bad no service from them. What if I bought trailer while I was in Florida, am I supposed to back there for service? House of Camping in Bridgeview , IL very poor representative for Forest River.

Muir415
Seeing that you're new, a quick internet search would have revealed thousands and thousands of others who have been treated the same, no matter what RV manufacturer it is.
RV dealers are independent and don't operate like car dealerships.
I wish you done some research before buying your RV.
You can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech instead. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #9

Albany RV and Forest River

I wish more people would post their experiences on rvservicereviews.com, so we could consult a single source for accurate info on each individual dealer and/or repair facility. Even within the same parent company, there seems to be significant differences in the quality of service rendered.

Many places are good at selling units, but getting service after the sale is often quite another picture.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river