Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 11:08 PM   #1

Anyone have any experience with RV Wholesalers?

Hi, I just received a great quote from RV Wholesalers out of St. Lakeview, OH for a XLR Boost 20CB but have been reading mixed reviews. Anyone here have any experiences with them?

Also... anyone know any good Forest River dealers in Utah -preferably southern- or in the Vegas area?
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #2

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ers-75661.html

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:38 AM   #3
Site Team

there are literally hundreds of RVW posts/threads here, many with input of one the co-owners of RVW, Dave Durnell.
he has stepped in many times to make sure the customer is satisfied.

i don't know of any other FR dealer that would do that or that is a member here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
RVWholesalers Representative

Pulp, first of all thank you for considering us for your RV purchase and for posting on here. I really do appreciate it. Please make sure you check out www.customerlobby.com and do a search for any dealer you are considering purchasing from. The reason I recommend that site to all potential customers is this is a real site where customers are verified. In other words, you can only leave a review if you are one of our customers. When you go to places like pissedconsumer they are not verified. Many of the reviews on pissedconsumer are from other dealers or disgruntled people that were dismissed from the company that file false reviews. Also, pissedconsumer contacts the dealer and offers to remove bad posts if you sign up and pay a monthly fee. Hope this helps you in you purchasing process no matter where you decide to buy from. Please also feel free to contact me personally with any questions that you have. ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com By the way we have sold over 20k RV's while in business. We have sold RV parts to over 500,000 customers. With all those customers we have maintained an A+ rating with the BBB which is their highest rating. Thanks again- David
Old 09-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
We purchased our RV from them last April then flew to Ohio from Oregon to pick it up. I'd do it again in a heart beat. They delivered everything as promised and gave us a great price. We did have one warranty issue which they quickly took care of by arranging with a local repair shop to fix. You can't ask for much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #6

FWIW I have a Puma 5th wheel on order from them. It is due in a few weeks(I am driving DW crazy). Paul Scales is my salesperson and Scott Harford is my shipping person. Both have been helpful. I saved at least 6K(including fetching it) compared to my local dealer. 31K local and didn't ask for a discount.. 24.5K from RVW less 1K for a min of 12 mo. finance. We are going to p/u unit when ready, check it out and camp back home. App. 1000 miles and looking forward to it. The only thing I think I will avoid is the extended warranty. I have lost sleep over this and the only reason I really consider it is because of not buying local and having to beg someone to work on it. It is a pretty basic unit(see price) so not as much crap to tear up. Still deciding i guess.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #7

I've been a loyal RVWholesalers customer since Fall 2012, IIRC. I'm on my 3rd TT and have sent many friends and family members their way. By far the best buying experience, not only in terms of price but also service. Don't be scared off by the local dealer's saying you can't get warranty work, either- which is what they always tried to pull with me. RVW has thousands of dealers and service centers nationwide that can take care of you.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #8
RVWholesalers Representative

Iwannacamp, thank you very much for the business. It is greatly and truly appreciated! Please understand whenever you have an issue of any sort with service just simply contact us and we will locate someone to do the service for you. We also make sure the bill is paid so you have immediate access to the trailer and don't wait on the factory to pay the service center. All you do is call us. I am also always on here and available via email if you ever have an issue. ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com Thank you again for your business!! David
Old 09-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Iwannacamp, thank you very much for the business. It is greatly and truly appreciated! Please understand whenever you have an issue of any sort with service just simply contact us and we will locate someone to do the service for you. We also make sure the bill is paid so you have immediate access to the trailer and don't wait on the factory to pay the service center. All you do is call us. I am also always on here and available via email if you ever have an issue. ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com Thank you again for your business!! David
Thank you for the spirit booster.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #10

I used RV Direct in Des Moine IA. I came from northern NV area. I was happy with them and great PDI with Lance. Best of all I saved 38 percent off of retail. Thus was well worth the trip.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #11

wish an RVW dealership was closer to where to we are...
I PM'ed David and within minutes he PM'ed me back with support if i ever needed it regardless of where the trailer was purchased. now on face value that speaks volumes.
1/2 way through our current sale our sales person up and quit. do you think the dealership advised us?
NO. it wasn't until DW had emails not responded to in a timely manner that she decided to call the main office and found out he was no longer there.

when we attempted to have tire balancing thrown in on the sale and a set of tire covers (retail price from CW of less than 20$ for a double set) we were told it was too late in the purchasing process to add anything into the deal.

We've been waiting over a week for email confirmation that the roof and awning will be cleaned prior to pick up Oct 7th.
and that email went to a Co-owner...

once they get your money the service and representation stops in many cases. new trucks and cars are no different.

David, we purchase new about every 4 or 5 yrs depending on the Canadian dollar value. Right now its in the toilet but still the Greywolf was $10,000 cheaper even with exchange in the US than in Canada.

We know no one will touch it here for warranty issues if they arise. Dealt with that before - no big problem as FR is an excellent company to work with.

we will be looking at your establishment for our next trailer.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #12

What To Expect

I have purchased 2 units from RVW. Saved me thousands and on top of that they did more than promised. We are seasonal in the White Mountains in AZ and the latest RV developed a minor water leak in the belly. I call Kelly my RVW sales rep on Tuesday. Wednesday there was a mobile tech knocking on the door. No drag it to a dealer and wait weeks. Fixed on the site. How can you do any better than that.
poorturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #13

We have purchased four Rockwood travel trailers from RVW. No complaints. If and when we decide to get another TT we will go back to them.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #14

I have not used them but as long as you have a local dealer telling you they will provide warranty services I say go for it. I think a lot of the local dealers refuse to work on purchases made elsewhere just so they can rip you off on the purchase.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #15

we bought from them this past spring. 380 xlr. they were great to work with. we do have a couple items to get fixed just haven't had time to call and set. we bought over the phone site I seen except for photos. they did a good job of answering all our questions and took the time to do a video of the unit. we had been looking for a new 2016 and saved several thousand dollars driving from Texas to pick it up.
rchavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #16

Price Ok But!

Was very interested on purchasing a fifth wheel that was on order- but salesman would not give me a build sheet. I wasn't going to put a deposit on a unit that I did not know what the options were !
ksmith954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #17

We purchased from RVWholesalers, and have recommended them many times. As stated, they have a network of dealers for repairs, Dave Durnell is an honest, trustworthy dealer, and Forest River stands behind their products. Go for it!
FLBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Pulp, first of all thank you for considering us for your RV purchase and for posting on here. I really do appreciate it. Please make sure you check out www.customerlobby.com and do a search for any dealer you are considering purchasing from. The reason I recommend that site to all potential customers is this is a real site where customers are verified. In other words, you can only leave a review if you are one of our customers. When you go to places like pissedconsumer they are not verified. Many of the reviews on pissedconsumer are from other dealers or disgruntled people that were dismissed from the company that file false reviews. Also, pissedconsumer contacts the dealer and offers to remove bad posts if you sign up and pay a monthly fee. Hope this helps you in you purchasing process no matter where you decide to buy from. Please also feel free to contact me personally with any questions that you have. ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com By the way we have sold over 20k RV's while in business. We have sold RV parts to over 500,000 customers. With all those customers we have maintained an A+ rating with the BBB which is their highest rating. Thanks again- David
Your customer lobby link above is for you to keep us on the hook with targeted postcards reminding us of you for future purchases. I did not see a searchable link to look at reviews on you, the dealer. Did I miss the customer reviews seach button? Sounds like a good solution for you the dealer, not so much for the spam loving customer? Don't mean to sound harsh, but the link is a business tool for review generation and collection pool of past customers. Maybe you posted the wrong link?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #19

Great thread!

I am so glad to find this thread of information. We are currently trying to sell our 23ikss, because our local dealer doesn't want a hybrid on trade. Too bad, because the dealer comes highly recommended. They have worked up a price for us, so we'll see when the time comes to purchase the unit. They don't have it in stock, and will not order one for the lot because they don't think murphy bed campers are good sellers.
Anyway, I have often thought of looking into rv wholesalers also. Good information here. Now if we can just sell ours!!!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
Snowsail

I purchased a Rockwood 8280 in 2012 and crossed the border to get it. They delivered exactly what I asked for. the transaction (mostly by email) was exceptional. They prepared all the paper work and made the import to Canada very smooth. The year after there was a recall on the skylight. I chose where to have it replaced and they sent the new part there and paid for the repair. They always answer your questions. I can only praise there fantastic service. I purchased directly from them and would do it again.