Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

Angry Are there back orders or am i getting run around

We placed our deposit January and told from our local dealer we would receive a call end of March early April to sign papers. We waited until April before started calling. Told it should be a week or two. That went by nothing. Called again and told the flat bed trailer broke down. Should be a week. Nothing. It's now May 2 and we are told 2 more weeks. Our season starts in 3 weeks and have outings booked already. I just want to know if the delay is in manufacturing which is fine but just want to be kept up to date on ETA or is it the dealer who never ordered it? They are getting short with us when we are calling looking for the trailer and seem to be giving us the run around. Waiting on Wildwood 201BHXL and would like to know if anyone else having same issue?
Moulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Site Team

The RV industry is growing faster than manufacturers can build them. It is very common for delivery dates to be missed. Once they are built, then it is up to transporters to get it to the dealer and they are also in short supply. If the dealer is saying the truck broke, they are implying it is built and sitting. Ask them for the VIN number. Tell the dealer you made reservations based on their commitment and ask for a loaner unit if yours is not ready.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #3

We ordered in mid November.

Our Cedar Crrek fifth wheel took about 16 weeks.

This time of year I would assume longer.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #4

You are in a tough position. It could be any of the issues you raise that has caused the delay.

There was a post 2-3 weeks ago with a similar story line... that could have been you but I see you have only made one post so obviously someone else with the same problem.

At this point I think you can only wait or threaten to withdraw your order and demand your money back, OR find one on the lot you can live with.

Good luck with what you decide.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #5

I agree it is growing and completely agree with what you have said. However the dealer have said they don't have a VIN which is adding to my frustration of not being told the truth.
Moulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #6

Wow. Crazy last year I got mine in 6 weeks. Could of been 5 but I was told that they are short drivers and that the delivery was slow.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #7

We’re picking ours up Friday but it is +3 weeks from what the dealer originally promised (6-8 weeks). The missed date was blamed on increased orders as mentioned above. Our dealer has their own drivers so I think that helped it from being even more delayed.
Hurseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to B and B
A longer wait means they are taking time to improve quality. I would wait 2 more months for no issues myself.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
A longer wait means they are taking time to improve quality. I would wait 2 more months for no issues myself.

If only that was the actual reason for the delay [emoji23]. I wouldn’t hold my breath lol
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:41 AM   #10

RV wholesalers near us has one in stock. Place seamed ok.

We have had a really good experience with RV Nation near Cincinatti. Brannon did an outstanding job for us. They sell thousands of rvs per year. Not your model though.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:24 AM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulton View Post
I agree it is growing and completely agree with what you have said. However the dealer have said they don't have a VIN which is adding to my frustration of not being told the truth.
If it were me, I would reach out to Forest River/Wildwood.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #12

I asked a question somewhat similar to yours a week or so ago where we ordered a unit in February and was told 8-10 weeks but usually closer to 6-8 for delivery, and after 6 weeks I called for a status and my dealer had little to no information for us on when, where or how delivery was going to happen. A lot of people misread it as bitching about the length of time it was taking to get here, which wasn’t my case at all, but it was that the dealer literally knew nothing and could provide no help which seemed weird to me. Here’s a link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ns-158220.html

There were a few responses that shed some light onto the hows and why’s things happen, but for me at least, it ended up being an individual at the dealership who wasn’t wanting to do their job because the one day I called and they weren’t there, I got someone different and had a delivery date, VIN, and PDI pickup date within 10 minutes. I’ve since called them back a few times to get the pickup and paperwork in order for financing and got the original staff member who is just as lazy as he’d been the entire process which is damn annoying.

I guess what I’m saying is it might be more of a personnel issue and not an industry thing. I feel like you’re getting the run around and I’d call a manager at the dealership and if they continue to give you the run around, call Forest River directly. While it’s not unusual to not know a lot, they shouldn’t be giving you bad info and that’s what it sounds like they are doing. Saying thing specific line the delivery trailer has a broken axle but nit knowing anything else specific is crazy, especially the no VIN thing.

We live in an area that fills up all the major campgrounds by February 1st and ended up missing out on a bunch of camping time this summer because I simply had zero idea when to expect my unit and after reading so many horror stories on here about lack of quality, I didn’t want to plan a bunch of trips when the thing might be in the shop all summer. That really needs to change, there is no excuse for treating customers that way.
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Or the new hires in the booming RV industry are still learning how to assembly a trailer
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #14

I ordered ours. I got the VIN about halfway through the manufacturing process.....so I could buy insurance.

It had "RUSH" written on it inside someplace. I sure do wish it had not had that!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:08 AM   #15

My belief. What we saw.

When assembly begins at the factory the vin number is issued. We were notified by our dealer when it happened. Got my insurance set up.

Assembly took two weeks. The dealer was notified while our unit was in final testing.

We were told transportation during the spring can be slow. It took two weeks. Snow. They are afraid of snow.

We inspected it a week after it arrived.

If your dealer cannot get the vin number it is not less than a month away.

Our dealer Couch RV nation delivers thousands of new RVs a year. A dealer selling hundreds should be able to get the vin number if it exists.

The last time I saw this was on a truck I ordered. I was told 6 weeks. I cancelled the order at 14 weeks. I think The dealer sold the truck I ordered to someone for more than I agreed to pay for it. They ordered me a second one.

My experience was with Cedar Creek.

In my past I ran a Construction site. Ordered stuff constantly. "It is in the mail" The seller is a liar if he does not have the bill of lading number to give me. Take what you will from that..