Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #1

Berryland Campers

We bought out Solera there in October 2012. Ok experience, not great but not terrible either. Then when we went to get service in December 2012, it was horrible, I ended up having to send letters to the managers and have a total fit. Finally, they did fix the very few things that needed attention. Now I went there today to look at a new Legacy MH. The salesperson was horrible. Was bound and determined he wasn't going to let us take a Legacy for a test drive until we have "made a deal" ... well, that's not happening - at least with Berryland. I had read a post from this past December praising them, so thought well ... maybe they got smart. NOT

If we do decide to purchase a new coach, I will go to Lazy Days in Tampa or somewhere else that seems to value customers. OK ... done with the rant.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #2

I had bad experience at main location when i was buying a new TT, went to the other location in Holden and was great; I know MH are stocked in Ponchartoula location but may be able to work with sales from holden store?
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #3

As far as I'm concerned, 3 strikes and you are out! There are other dealerships out there that do want customers. It is something too ... Berryland has been closed for over a week so their employees could enjoy the holidays. Well .. bah humbug ... a salesperson (who has been there for years) is not getting this sale, that's for sure.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Good for you DebbieMH, if you're not treated right it's time to walk.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
2012 Solera

Debby - I'll miss your Solera posts if you do upgrade -
Personally, I don't believe at all in the "local dealer" argument anymore. I also bought locally and found dealer support essentially worthless (different dealer, different part of the country). If I were buying again, I would go directly to the online stores (RV Direct gets good reviews here, in general). I quickly abandoned trying to get dealer support shortly after our purchase - I switched to a local independent RV repair and support facility - found them MUCH more accomodating and MUCH more skilled / better qualified than the dealer. I suspect there may be good dealers out there - but I think they are the edxception.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Debby - I'll miss your Solera posts if you do upgrade -
Thanks! I'm not doing anything yet ... but probably will. We have found that we really like this RVing thing .... and need a bit more room to take additional folks and additional room for just us and the two dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love the Solera - but we do go a lot and are even thinking about selling our S&B house in Alabama and living in a Legacy during the week. Back to our real S&B home in NOLA on the weekends. Something to think about .... One S&B house is enough for anyone!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #7

Although I haven't picked up my GT yet (PDI Tomorrow) I had a totally different experience with Berryland. I have been there three times since February and never had an issue test driving anything I asked to drive. They have been most accommodating. In fact, I provided a credit card for a deposit and as of now it still hasn't been changed... again, I'm picking the coach up tomorrow. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as everything else had so far.
DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #8

I bought my Berk from Berryland, one of the first things we did was test drive it. They offered the test drive. I had a great buying experience with them also. This was my second RV that I purchased there.

They are also building a larger shop to work on RVs, they will need to hire more techs though, they are crazy busy in that department.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH

Tags
camper