Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Campers Inn Ellwood City

I purchased three units from Clem's, now Campers Inn, located in Ellwood City, PA. Through the years there have been complaints on the Forum about their service although I had few problems. I called for a warranty issue the beginning of October 2015 and was told they could do the service at the end of December. I couldn't do that because I do not winterize my unit (Forester 3011DS) as I put in a temperature/humidity controlled area. I called again at the beginning of March 2016 and was told the next appointment was in July. How long is a reasonable wait for an appointment. All I need done is a small warranty issue--the arm of the awning has a cover used to secure and cover the wiring--this is a bent up. I will not purchase my next, and final unit, from them. The sales and finance was great but skip the service department.
nbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #2

Well...you did wait until the busiest time of year for RV service. I would have taken the 30 minutes and $10 to winterize the unit and taken it in for service in December.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #3

I agree it is true this is the busiest time of the year but on the road I can stop at a Camping World and have the service done within 2 days.
nbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Must be a big dealer or they are doing non warranty work first make money before doing warranty work. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #5

Camping World around here is usually 3 weeks to a month out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #6

And camping world will most likely break more things than they fix!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrewer View Post
I purchased three units from Clem's, now Campers Inn, located in Ellwood City, PA. Through the years there have been complaints on the Forum about their service although I had few problems. I called for a warranty issue the beginning of October 2015 and was told they could do the service at the end of December. I couldn't do that because I do not winterize my unit (Forester 3011DS) as I put in a temperature/humidity controlled area. I called again at the beginning of March 2016 and was told the next appointment was in July. How long is a reasonable wait for an appointment. All I need done is a small warranty issue--the arm of the awning has a cover used to secure and cover the wiring--this is a bent up. I will not purchase my next, and final unit, from them. The sales and finance was great but skip the service department.

I can tell you for a fact they are that busy. I have been there many times over the last few months. Have you tried stopping in and talking to Bruce the Service Manager? They also have a new GM in place. I don't think they're going to put you in front of other scheduled customers warranty work, but they may be able to work something out if you stop in there in person. It sounds like they could of accommodated you faster prior to the first of the year but that didn't fit your schedule so now they're a bad dealer? I can say without a doubt it has nothing to do with doing other work before warranty work because it pays more.

If you can get something like that done at Camping World in 2 days you maybe should go that route. I think you'll find if that cover needs ordered from the factory as a warranty replacement you're in for a surprise as to how long that takes at Camping World or anywhere else. Maybe they could have you stop by, take the warranty pictures for the documentation and get the part ordered, then have you return for the install? I'd stop in there and ask.

Everyone is quick to bash the dealer service department when they magically can not get you an appointment tomorrow. I guess it doesn't matter its the busiest time of the year at dealers in western PA? How many people do you think they already have scheduled for de-winterizing? Would it be right for them to cancel one of them and fit you in?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #8

We had some minor warranty issues with this dealer and had great response and service, this was several months after the transition from Clem's to Campers Inn. I hope this is just a result of a "busy time of year" but they are busy all the time. I agree with the photo, order the part and return for service comment. We did this, it was seamless and we have had no other issues. Best of luck. Give them another chance.
Celkalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #9

Campers Inn-Ellwood City

I also had an awning issue (motor needed replaced-Recall Item) last summer and was not able to get it in until December, but when they got it in, the Service Dept personnel were great, friendly and very courteous! When I came to pick it up,they even made sure it was pointing South, so that I could hitch up and not have to find somewhere to turn around. I will use them again if necessary. They also have a great selection of parts and accessories in their service area.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #10

Warranty Service - Chesaco RV

I know that there are busy times of the year to get work done but I called the middle of February to get a little item fixed and the dealer hasn't looked at it yet. It's as if they don't care about repeat customers! Next rig I buy will be off the internet since my dealer doesn't seem to what to do warranty work on even his own customers. The second year warranty I purchased seemed like a good idea but what is a warranty worth if the dealer won't honor it?
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #11

Sounds like they're still the same company as before on service. I went 3 1/2 hrs away instead of buying off of them. Service is the worst thing.
Dacline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #12

I had warranty work done there last March and was satisfied with them. Parts were ordered and installed in about a month. Trailer was winterized, so time of year wasn't an issue. It is the busy season and I would think that being one of the biggest dealers in Western PA, they are busy. I took my rig out of the mines in mid-March for inspection because I knew it was going to be busy with the weather breaking. Just my opinion.

Larry
Days Camped: 2015 = 51; 2016 = 59; 2017 = 20; 2018 = 12; 2019 =
If you're lucky enough to be camping......You're lucky enough.
beagle22b07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Campers Inn We Care

Hi,

My name is Derek, and I handle the We Care program for Campers Inn. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service department. While we strive to meet our customers' needs as best as possible, our available time slots do fill up fast in the busy season. If you would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to discuss this situation with you further. You can reach me at wecare@campersinn.com or (603) 347-9600. Thank you, Derek.
CampersInnRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #14
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Right on!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #15

Why did you wait until March to make an appointment? You knew it needed replaced in October. If you had made an appointment in December for April you would have had this done by now. Alternatively, take some pictures of the bent cover, have them order it in and replace it yourself.

I will verify that they are packed this time of the year. Every one is taking their unit out of storage and having the safety inspection performed to meet PA requirements. I had a warranty issue with the electric fireplace in my Catalina. Rather than wait a couple of months to get an appointment, I remove the fireplace (4 screws) and took it to Campers Inn (Clem's). They verified it did not work and ordered a replacement. I reinstalled the fireplace and it is back in service.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #16

Campers Inn Ellwood City

Derek thanks for posting here. I had a problem with the service department at PECO Campers in ga that you folks bought out. Once I spoke to you, and you worked your magic, things started getting done.
Just wanted to say thanks.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #17

I recently bought a Salem hemisphere 300 BH from Campers Inn in Fredericksburg. I had a few small issues after taking it out for first time. Mike in service worked to fit me into an already packed schedule and got everything fixed. I will be picking camper up this Saturday. Can't comment on PA location but the Fredericksburg location definitely seems to really care about customer satisfaction !
Buffalo2VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #18

Follow up picked up camper today and now the converter is not working and the break away cable for brakes not working.... On positive they are getting it in on Tuesday to look at it.... s##t happens so haven't late faith yet.. Still standing behind Campers Inn lets hope they reward my faith in them !!
Old 04-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #19

Update I crawled under my camper and discovered that while at the dealership someone broke the pin on the Breakaway switch and instead of fixing it just cut the wire! I am highly upset as I did not discover this until I had driven over 100 miles without my trailer brakes working. Someone at the dealership has a lot of explaining to do !!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2VA View Post
Update I crawled under my camper and discovered that while at the dealership someone broke the pin on the Breakaway switch and instead of fixing it just cut the wire! I am highly upset as I did not discover this until I had driven over 100 miles without my trailer brakes working. Someone at the dealership has a lot of explaining to do !!
Somebody has got some explaining to do. I would loop campers inn corporate as well as the manufacturer in on all communication from this point on.
spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper