Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #21

I am sad to see all of this bad press about Camper's Inn of Philadelphia. My experience was just the opposite of what everyone else seems to be dealing with. This was my first ever TT purchase and I couldn't BE any happier. I had gone to a few other dealers first and didn't care for the way they treated me. I never had any bad feelings from Camper's Inn. The TT was prepped perfectly, the PDI was performed with me, they technician showing me an extraordinary amount of patience, everything worked and was delivered as promised, the price was right, the financing was spot on, I really can't say enough good things about them. I have not needed their service department, maybe that's a struggle for them. Just my 2 cents.

Joe
Old 08-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampersInnRV View Post
All,

My name is Derek, and I handle the We Care Program for Campers Inn. If you are having an issue with one of our stores, I would encourage you to contact the We Care hotline at wecare@campersinn.com or (603) 347-9600. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you are experiencing.

Thank you,

Derek
Campers Inn RV We Care Program
I appreciate that Derek. Out of curiosity what will be done differently now then the last time I called and was told someone would get back to me and three days later called to ask if the issues had been resolved, but no parts had been ordered. No rush order was put in place to make up for the three times I'd been told the parts were ordered when they weren't. After I'd finally demanded to take my camper back until the parts that were never ordered came in. 6 weeks and countless lies later I finally got the regional managers name and number directly from a service person. Not from the Campers Inn "we care" number posted on your website. Have there been changes that we should be aware of?
__________________________________________________ __
Days Camped: 2020 - still counting!; 2019 - 77; 2018 - 38; 2017 - 28, 2016 - 35; 2015 - 27; 2014 - 16
JCCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Campers Inn We Care

I apologize that we were unable to address your issues to your satisfaction. We are always striving to improve, and we will certainly take this feedback under consideration so we can provide better service in the future.

Thank you,
Derek
wecare@campersinn.com
CampersInnRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #24
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampersInnRV View Post
I apologize that we were unable to address your issues to your satisfaction. We are always striving to improve, and we will certainly take this feedback under consideration so we can provide better service in the future.

Thank you,
Derek
wecare@campersinn.com

wow that's a rubber stamp response if I ever heard one!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
wow that's a rubber stamp response if I ever heard one!

True, but it could also mean he will check into it and contact the OP privately. One has to get both sides to make an informed decision about what can be done. Anything said negative about the dealership on his part would have been unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
True, but it could also mean he will check into it and contact the OP privately. One has to get both sides to make an informed decision about what can be done. Anything said negative about the dealership on his part would have been unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I was contacted by Derek in March, three days after I contacted the "We Care" corporate line and explained the issues. It was a follow up to see if I'd resolved anything. I won't rehash my review but I believe I did make mention that nothing was done.

I have not been contacted publicly or privately by the "We Care" line since. Not through phone or through a message on this site, other then the forum responses above.

I did speak with a CampersInn corporate regional service manager thru whom I was able to eventually get things resolved to my satisfaction. I made that contact after threatening a lawsuit when two days before promised pickup I found out they hadn't even started the work the SECOND time I brought the unit in for the work that they lied about ording the parts. Media, not the "We Care" people gave me the guys number, who I'm not naming to avoid getting him in any trouble. But he was helpful. It would've been really helpful if the "We Care" folks had maybe made this contact at the time I contacted them, instead of some local guy trying to stay out of court after three more weeks of lies and run around.

I agree that it would be unprofessional and simply useless for a Campers Inn person to bad mouth their own dealership here. But I've found that honest businesses who are making improvements will state the things they've changed to rectify past issues. Boiler plate corporate Marcom department recitations scare me worse than no response. But I will give them credit for jumping onto this thread. Now you know they're reading this and hearing what's being said. Most marketing folks would've said "ignore! Ignore! IGNORE! And if asked in person, say: "You know those Internet forumus... Probably a competitor trying to discredit us".

The response you saw here was effectively the response I received from Derek at the time this all occurred. Thanks for calling, sorry you're unhappy, we do care and want to make thing better and have contacted people.

But... They did respond. Here and now, and back then on the phone.

After which the crickets chirped louder then at the campground.
__________________________________________________ __
Days Camped: 2020 - still counting!; 2019 - 77; 2018 - 38; 2017 - 28, 2016 - 35; 2015 - 27; 2014 - 16
JCCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #27
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCarr View Post
But... They did respond. Here and now, and back then on the phone.

After which the crickets chirped louder then at the campground.
BINGO! sounds like what I went through......nice young lady saying how sorry she was for my issues, she was going to get to the bottom of it & someone would be calling me....even went so far as to set a specific time I would be called.......and the crickets chirp...never heard another word!
Old 11-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #28

zero customer service

Me to We Care
Good Afternoon,

We recently purchase a 2016 Forest River 21FBRS from the Philadelphia location. The unit was a left over and on site we gave them a 25% deposit and told them we would be back in 3 weeks with another 25% to pick up the unit. We filled out all the paperwork and financing and insurance was approved. We set a pick up date as we are several hours away. When we arrived, the unit was just being prepped and the furnace did not work. We had to sit around for several hours while the technicians figured out what was wrong. Finally they put on some temp tags, (they had several weeks to get the registration from NY DMV) when I inquired about this they told me they had a service that takes care of this. We took the unit and headed home. We have used it twice and have a couple of minor issues to address with the dealership but we have lost confidence with them. We never received our permanent registration, that we paid for and the taxes that are due to NYS have not been paid. When we called they told us that they are sending us a check and we will have to register the unit ourselves !!! I have never worked with a Dealership that cannot get your vehicle registered. We had plans for this upcoming weekend that looks like we are going to have to cancel. If this can not be rectified within the next 48 hrs I will contact the BBB and file a formal complaint.

The Response
Good morning Mr. Dallow,
I spoke with Ted McKay and he informed me that the paperwork that you will need to take to your states Department of Transportation was mailed to you earlier this week and if you have not already received it, it should be there by today. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

My Response
Good morning,

Yes, we received the paperwork today. Not the agreement that had transpired at the dealership when we picked up the unit, the plates where supposed to be mailed to us, I questioned this while I was there and they told me they use an agency to handle this. New York State DMV is a ½ day ordeal at its best, especially if you are not perfect with the proper procedure for getting a brand new vehicle with a loan registered. I do not have the time to take off work to do this, I am hoping they will allow my wife to take care of this transaction, she is going to take a ½ of day off work next week. The management at Campers World in Philadelphia has failed us. We were never notified that they could not get my trailer registered, we had to call them to get the ball rolling AFTER the temp plates had expired. I had to cancel our final fall weekend plans due to the ineptness of your dealership. This is a simple breach of contract, you received payment to perform a service and deliver a product which you could not perform in full , instead of finding a way to get it done (customer service) they threw it back at us. We are extremely dis-satisfied with your Dealership and we will let it be known. Selling is only ½ of the deal, the return customer is a success. Oh and by the way the Manager Tony has not returned a single call to my wife. I do have a couple warranty issues with unit and would like to know if we can use another location to get our unit serviced.

Would you go back to them ???
mdallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #29

I don't think dealers will do the title work until the buyer finalizes the deal and takes delivery. Otherwise, the "buyer" can have papers that say he owns the vehicle when in fact he did not consulate the deal. Of course, that should have been explained to you.

Every buyer will agree that all systems should be working properly at time of delivery but that does not seem to be the case in many transactions. I don't blame you for being miffed. The more time you spend reading posts on RV forums the more you will see that the RV industry is far behind the new car industry in initial customer satisfaction.

I am wondering if you really are required to go to the DMV. Perhaps a new car dealer or trailer dealer can do the paperwork for you and save you some aggravation.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #30

They may have screwed up when they told you they could get it registered in New York, and then found out after the fact it wasn't so easy.

I bought a Keystone a few years back in Maryland from Beckleys Camping Center and they could not do the transfer of my PA plate. They however told me that up front and gave me a Maryland temporary tag gratis.

I believe it had something to do with out of state titling when a loan / lien holder was involved.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #31

Thanks Guys

If they where having a problem they never contacted us. We paid them all the DMV fees as well as the taxes up front and they told me I would get my plates in the mail.. We had to initiate contact after the temp plates had expired, then they sent us the title, and checks made out to DMV, no apologies, our sales person even sounded surprised when we asked him about the registration. The manager has not returned a single call.
mdallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #32

Crummy experience and crummy start with your new RV. Hopefully you will enjoy it enough to balance out management neglect.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper