Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 06:55 AM   #41
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite State Camper View Post
I also do not like having to go online and find this forum and log in and read everything and type back just to try and get help. when you buy something and its from a dealer and they tell you it has a warrantee you believe them, Forest River needs to find a way around using dealerships to satisfy customers because Camper places are in it just for the sale from what I am experiencing, So glad we did not spend the extra for extended warrantee, I all can say is anyone thinking of buying a new camper consider it as a project you will be fixing stuff and do not I repeat do not buy any extended warrantee you won't even get the warrantee it comes with. Check the BBB before you buy as well I have been reading that after the fact its to late for us but if I can help just one person its worth it. BBB both camper manufacturer and dealership under BBB complaints. Happy camping and bring your tools, we are going to make the best of this anyway life is too short.
I hope you have been on the phone and not doing everything by e-mail as it sounds. You have been provided a lot of info and contacts. Some time you just need to call. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #42

Hi guys, first reply from me. I live in Leesburg, FL and bought several TT from the local Campers Inn. All my warranty issues were taken care of satisfactorily by them. I've had to Fun Finders and now own a LaCrosse. Campers Inn here has a new sales manager and she is too gung ho for our taste. This is the South and we are much more laid back. But all is well. Herr Rolf
Old 05-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
when you buy something and its from a dealer and they tell you it has a warrantee you believe them, Forest River needs to find a way around using dealerships to satisfy customers because Camper places are in it just for the sale from what I am experiencing.
This is a RV Industry issue, not just FR. It doesn't operate like the Auto Industry and thinking it does, just leads to disappointment.
It would take a entire industry shift, to get what you're asking for.

By the way, it is a holiday weekend so hopefully you'll hear back this week.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 05-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #44

I will start trying to find parts on my own I guess. Any good parts sources for a 2018 FR 27REI
Old 06-01-2019, 05:02 PM   #45

How do I modify this thread, I have been in touch with the president of Campers Inn and he said he will take care of our issues. He had the branch we bought our camper from call us right away. Feels good to have someone care, Thank you Campers Inn !!! I would like to take back my post I am assuming things will go right for us now.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #46

Quote:
How do I modify this thread, I have been in touch with the president of Campers Inn and he said he will take care of our issues. He had the branch we bought our camper from call us right away. Feels good to have someone care, Thank you Campers Inn !!! I would like to take back my post I am assuming things will go right for us now.
Contact a moderator they can change it for you or update your results.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #47

And may I add, thank you for updating the forum...I am in no way stating that what you are experiencing is right but it is good to here that a positive outcome may be in the works... Please let us know the final outcome.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:

You cannot modify posts after 2 hours. We also usually will not delete threads after they have involved other members time and their efforts.

We keep the following as a sticky in the member/admin subforum, and it explains opening Pandora's box.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

The most we can do is to close this thread to further comments, but that also won't allow you to post a solution if reached.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #49
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
It's best to leave the thread intact as a historical record in case others run into the same problem, they can see the progression of how things were resolved (and hopefully save themselves some steps).
Old 06-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #50

I will update soon as something happens, if you have a warrantee you better start trying to get things fixed right away because this will take a long time. I mentioned the roof having sharp stuff under the edges trying to poke up through, I was told to keep an eye on it lol. Glad it's not a tire. I think I am going to revert back to my original statement your on your own I am not sure if its a Forest River thing crediting Camper dealers for work done under warrantee so just not sure, When you buy a new car and something is wrong I have had o trouble just bringing it in and they take care of it no questions asked, I guess campers are a different story you get a warrantee but I read in the paper work dealer has the right to not work on your camper. So I think that also says a lot. I think they need to put a price on what they think their warrantee is worth and give buyers the option to take the savings if they don't want to pay for something they will never receive. I will update if any changes but I think I am on my own, I even said I would install the parts don't look like any parts are going to come. DO not tow your new camper if the road is wet your floor will be covered in mud and water when you get to where you are going, also make sure slide out does not take your seal off the side of the camper when you extend it out, I have an 8 foot ladder setup beside camper and when I use slide I always go up ladder and make sure. I read in a reply Frog was reading the conversations back and forth about my situation, Campers Inn had no Idea who I even was when the president of their company got in touch with them, I had to tell them what camper I bought and my phone number and other info. Buy a 2000 dollar project not a 25,000 one my advice.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #51
Site Team

The site team is immediately closing this thread and deleting the OP's latest post, as it's a violation of our site guidelines on several levels. DO NOT repost anything of a similar nature.

Please reread my previous post #48 above, as it explains fully why we are closing this thread after your latest remarks.

All of this will now have to be handled outside of our forums.

Good Luck and hope it works out for the best.

The FRF Site Team

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
camper, forest river