Old 05-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #1

Campers INN stay away

Bought brand new 25,000 travel trailer have found some issues and Campers Inn is non existent after the sale for us. Salesman responded to one email saying he would have service call me the next day, weeks have gone by and salesman will not respond to any email. Campers World is replying to me and not sure if they are going to step up but at least they email me back. After doing a lot of BBB reading online I think I would never buy another camper. Forest River replied to one of my emails and told me to get on touch with dealer, I emailed Forest River back to let them know dealer is not responding at all, guess what Forest River doesn't now either. Buyer Beware on any camper purchase your on your own after the sale from alot of reading and my personal experience, Campers Inn tried to sell me all kinds of extended warrantees thank God I did not fall for it.

Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
Kasual Kamper

Contact the BBB and file a complaint with them.

JayArras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
Site Team

You do know that you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician? You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #4

Forest River

Brand new 27REI Salem 25,000

We found issues on first use and we are non existent to Campers Inn and Forest River. Each place had emailed me back one time and then that's it your on your own.

Toilet flush valves sometimes just leaks
Main slide when extended out pulls seal and staples that hold seal right out of side of camper on the top of slide,
When towing down the rain if its raining water and mud come right up and go across camper floor looks like from the main slide.
Window seal rear window in main slide leaks.
Found water heater bypass valve does not shut water heater out of the winterization loop 100 percent antifreeze goes into drained water heater.
Roof has two roof wrinkles straight across the roof,
Buyer Beware your on your own after the sale. they need to take money off for non warranteed product before you buy and explain we just sell this stuff and Forest River doesn't care if we leave you high and dry we get enough sales, so just keep that in mind to bad for me i joined forum after buying and thought me and my wife were going to have alot of fun in life camping, just crushed dreams. Its turned into the family joke whats going to fall of next, heck i even asked forest river for the parts and i would fix camper, i guess they know there's prob to many issues. And why bother. so if i save one person thats all i care about. sry in advance for spelling
Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to B and B
But....

The OP said FR Division is not responding so how does he get approval.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
But....

The OP said FR Division is not responding so how does he get approval.
He said Forest River - didn't mention which division. I'd contact warranty of the specific division that made the unit. Often that's better than contacting FR Corporate.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 29; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #7

I bought from them in January and having slot of issues with them also. They even hit my camper with another one and told me that’s why I have insurance. A few choice words later they are going to fix that. I won’t ever go back to them
ChrisRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #8
llr

What are the issues? and what is your ability?

Probably not what you want to hear but many dealer service shops are worthless. Especially when many things are very easy to fix with a little skill and help from this forum if needed.

I had my camper in for warranty repairs once, luckily it was over winter as they took about 3 months and didn't fix any of the more important issues such as a propane leak. They said they were all normal or non-reproducible. I fixed everything myself when I got it back and will never go back for sales or service.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,

Have you contacted the Salem Division or just FR corporate?

I have found Rockwood is very responsive when contacted.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #10
Just as confused as you

OP in his original post first says Campers Inn and later says Campers World which I take as meaning Camping World. As far as I can tell the two are separate entities.
I agree he should be contacting the Salem division and not FR corporate.

Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, forest river