Old 03-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #41
Out of Order

Bought our Wildcat Maxx in 2016 from CW in Roseville, CA because they had the model we wanted. Sale went smooth because we aren't victims and knew what we wanted to pay and didn't accept any ridiculous charges or up-sales. Just like buying a car, house or groceries.

Front cap was faded and they agreed to strip, repaint, re-clear and reapply graphics. Some small issues with non-functioning blinds was also fixed because the inner workings were FUBAR and I couldn't do it myself. Timing was reasonable because I wouldn't accept dropping it off and just waiting. We set a firm date for repair and it was done. I even negotiated a Fantastic Fan and trailer cover for the inconvenience of returning the trailer 90 miles and our willingness to get the older unit off their lot.

CW Vacaville, closer to us, has a huge store and with my included Good Sam Elite membership we get a substantial discount on items we "need". Have always had wonderful customer service in the store with plenty of people to answer questions.

I do all the reasonable service myself (seals, repack wheel bearings, lubrication, water heater flush, tires, etc). I'd hate to have important/emergency service held up by a capable owner not willing to service their own rig.

todtc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer30 View Post
Yes agree. I've been in contact with FR through the whole process. One of the things they told me during this was they are not responsible for dealership ethics. We are working through the issues and I'm hopeful to get it back before the season starts. Thanks.
"they are not responsible for dealership ethics." but greed will have them keeping such dealer's lots full.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #43

Problem is that warranty work is not guaranteed if not done at FR dealer. Even when work already accepted by manufacturer. Told me that front cap replaced would not be under warrantee after completion as independent service place, must go to be dealer.
frenchmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchmp View Post
Problem is that warranty work is not guaranteed if not done at FR dealer. Even when work already accepted by manufacturer. Told me that front cap replaced would not be under warrantee after completion as independent service place, must go to be dealer.
Entirely incorrect. We had most warranty work done via independents after pre-approval. Even had some body work redone, still covered by warranty. Somebody was pulling a fast one on you.
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchmp View Post
Not true.

I had warranty work done by a dealer that didn't sell ANY FR products.
And FR Warranty dept. recommended them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #46

Camping World in Robertsdale Al is the worst service I have ever had.Charged me for work they didn't complete.Finally got my credit! I should have read the reviews on Yelp before I had them do any work. They added my Sway bars and steering stabilizer. They couldn't add the Sumo Springs. Still don't know why! White Sands RV in the same town had to remount the Steering Stabilizer correctly and install the Sumo Springs. They also overcharged me in adding valve extensions on the rear Duallys. Had a flat next morning in a campground because the extension wasn't tightened correctly.
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #47

Camping World No More

I purchased from Camping World in 2017. I took my motorhome for warranty repair to two separate Camping World dealerships. I was then told to go somewhere else to get warranty work done. I am now doing that. I will be taking my MH to another dealer (not Camping World) to finish the warranty work. I'm kind of done with Camping World. It wasn't a good experience at all!
mainer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #48
Rich

Camping World is the pits when it comes to RV service, at least in my dealings with them. Work is slow and shoddy at least. They donít clean up after they work inside the RV. And now, they have partnered with Gander Outdoors and are continuing their old ways. Why would it take over 30 days to get stock parts to replace items in the cab of my Class C? Why does it take 30 days to get warranty authorization? When they sell you these expensive RVs, and tell you they will provide top notch service, donít buy it. This will probably be my last RV and unfortunately I chose Camping World to buy it from. Never again.
Rich
chevytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #49

I must be really lucky, as Iíve had good experience with my local CW. Had them rehang a door (warranty work), install a second A/C and clean the awning. Dropped off Friday, picked it up Saturday. They were quick and did a good job. I did make an appointment two weeks out (due to my timing not theirs). Iíve had them do a few warranty repairs and theyíve always seem to do a good job, then again, it may be because weíre near the corporate offices.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #50
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
I must be really lucky, as Iíve had good experience with my local CW. Had them rehang a door (warranty work), install a second A/C and clean the awning. Dropped off Friday, picked it up Saturday. They were quick and did a good job. I did make an appointment two weeks out (due to my timing not theirs). Iíve had them do a few warranty repairs and theyíve always seem to do a good job, then again, it may be because weíre near the corporate offices.
You are fortunate indeed. My service department wonít let me wait to bring in my RV while parts are on order. They tell me I need to bring it in before any parts or warranty authorization can be obtained.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:27 PM   #51
MarcKc

Just bought a new 2019 Rockwood Roo 23BDS from CW in Waterloo IA. Sale was great. We drove up from Missouri to get it and in the preceding couple of weeks they did everything we asked including a video walk through of our specific unit. PDI was so so. We honestly knew more about the camper then he did but we spent weeks watching hundreds of videos and lurking in forums so he didn't have a chance really. We did have one little red flag related to service. We had them install a camera in the rear. It worked fine during the 10 minute drive to the KOA we did our shake down at but the monitor wouldn't turn on the next morning. After trouble shooting the problem we determined it was a bad monitor and returned to CW. The guy we talked to told us it was a service problem and the service department wasn't open. I pointed out that was ridiculous, what where they going to do? Take it apart and diagnose and replace the electronics? It was clearly a parts issue and as he was the parts manager I expected him to fix the problem with his defective part. After about a minute of stunned confused silence he did in fact fix it, by giving me a new monitor. Which by the way will only pair as the left door cam not the rear cam it is. That's annoying, no back up guide lines but at least it works.
Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:41 AM   #52
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrd44 View Post
Just bought a new 2019 Rockwood Roo 23BDS from CW in Waterloo IA. Sale was great. We drove up from Missouri to get it and in the preceding couple of weeks they did everything we asked including a video walk through of our specific unit. PDI was so so. We honestly knew more about the camper then he did but we spent weeks watching hundreds of videos and lurking in forums so he didn't have a chance really. We did have one little red flag related to service. We had them install a camera in the rear. It worked fine during the 10 minute drive to the KOA we did our shake down at but the monitor wouldn't turn on the next morning. After trouble shooting the problem we determined it was a bad monitor and returned to CW. The guy we talked to told us it was a service problem and the service department wasn't open. I pointed out that was ridiculous, what where they going to do? Take it apart and diagnose and replace the electronics? It was clearly a parts issue and as he was the parts manager I expected him to fix the problem with his defective part. After about a minute of stunned confused silence he did in fact fix it, by giving me a new monitor. Which by the way will only pair as the left door cam not the rear cam it is. That's annoying, no back up guide lines but at least it works.

Thatís the way these dealerships work. They are so courteous and helpful when they sell you the unit, but after you leave the lot, itís your problem. They will find all kind of excuses to make you wait to have any problems addressed. I love my RV, but having to deal with service after the sale is a nightmare. Good luck and happy camping.

Tags
camping, customer service, service