Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

Camping World Customer Service

Does anyone have any positive experiences with Camping World service departments anywhere? Based on my experiences with 2 different locations over the weekend, I have to say I am extremely discouraged at this point.
mlrxaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
Site Team

I had a couple of vent covers and a slide topper installed by CW, over 10 years ago and they still work well.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 AM   #3
Hoss3

Send a message via AIM to chuckhossler
Camping world of Charleston has been excellent to work with from sales to service. Nothing but goid experiences so far.
chuckhossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
"On the road again"

Our one real experience with Camping World install department was for an awning over the dining/living windows and it was somewhat of a fiasco. To the point we had to take it back TWICE and in the end they gave us free of charge three MaxxAir Vent Covers and did free install on those just to make us feel better. Initially they ordered the wrong part, but didn't realize it until they had bolted the brackets onto the fifth wheel. Then there was another problem and finally third time was charm. This was Fort Worth, Texas on I-35W - south of town.

Eventually they did get it right and basically were nice throughout the process. It just meant a lot of extra 35-mile runs to return...pickup...return...pickup.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #5

It seems they are very inconsistent. The CW down here did well on the PDI list and when I found a water leak through the fridge vent a week before a scheduled trip. I took it back for a few warranty issues after that where they did more damage than repair. They finally got it right but it took too many trips and way too long.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #6

Camping World Service

After a blowout and $6.000 repair job by CW, which included 2 new axles, I thought they had done a superb job (Anderson, CA store). But 4,000 miles later, and apparent wheel bearing went out and resulted in another $2,000 repair job, including a 5 hour wait on a major freeway caused by Good Sam insurance leaving me in the lurch. Finally, my AAA insurance saved me. I am now very concerned about both Camping World and Good Sam!
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #7

Have real bad issue for past 4 mos. they have on two different memberships Have asked to combine and extend the expired date, going on DEAF ears
efgsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #8

Just brought a new Montana home from CW in Myrtle Beach. This is my 3rd unit from them. Sales, always ask for Sean or Susie ~~ both are very knowledgeable. They have 2 service locations in town, both are very good! Only complaint ~~ the labor rate is up there but everywhere else also.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #9

Won't go back

Let me tell ya,Camping world is the pitts,I took my rv in for insurance work ,HAIL DAMAGE,it went to the body shop ,i needed the air conditioner replaced,roof vents were cracked etc,.due to a hail storm ,i called repeatedly to see if my rig was ready,i had a trip planned,2 months later still not fixed,the person there said i could take the rig and then bring it back which i did,they finally replaced the air conditioner and i insisted that they put the same btu air in which was 15Kbtu...and then they told me i could pick it up.....i arrived there and was told that one of his techs was up on the roof and noticed some hail damage to the roof and they patched it and told me i could bring it back later for a new roof....well i was done with those people...so i took the rig to General RV which did a nice job replacing my roof...fast forward 3 years...to my rig in to General rv to check the air conditioner whick was loud...they checked it out and said i needed a new unit and said the unit that was installed on it was a 13,500....so needless to say Camping world came back to haunt me again....i expressly said that i wanted a 15000btu which was on there to begin with.now did they stick a used one in it that was laying around,i dont know...needless to say ,i will NEVER set foot in another Campin world....
Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #10

Good experience with the Camping World, Charleston, SC. Made my appointment several months in advance for AC, Fridge, furnace, service. Over nighted in parking lot for appointment. Appointment honored, service work done to satisfaction. Have not had ant actual repairs done. I am concerned about having a problem on the road and not getting service.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #11

So far my experience with Camping World, less than stellar. Salesman was ok. Then have had a problem, General Manager was supposed to call me, about fixing a warranty issue, 4 weeks have passed and nothing. The Hanover PA location is not reliable for sure, especially the General Manager.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #12

CW in Myrtle Beach the jury is still out on. Sales - very smooth. PDI - Very good and very infotrmative. suggested I make a video of the walk through to go back on. Very good idea. SERVICE - ??? A couple of things noted during walkthrough that they had to order parts for. Called me when they came in - very reasonable amount of time. Long story short...I got in touch with FR warranty and a few days later it was ready. But really not, waited to finish up on an item and most the work was done the night before. Still waiting on item they couldn't correct.
Very friendly people though.
Nothing that stops you from enjoying your rig. It's documented and it will get taken care of. Just not sure if I would have non warranty items done there.
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrinkard View Post
CW in Myrtle Beach the jury is still out on. Sales - very smooth. PDI - Very good and very infotrmative. suggested I make a video of the walk through to go back on. Very good idea. SERVICE - ??? A couple of things noted during walkthrough that they had to order parts for. Called me when they came in - very reasonable amount of time. Long story short...I got in touch with FR warranty and a few days later it was ready. But really not, waited to finish up on an item and most the work was done the night before. Still waiting on item they couldn't correct.
Very friendly people though.
Nothing that stops you from enjoying your rig. It's documented and it will get taken care of. Just not sure if I would have non warranty items done there.
I have had good luck with service there. Don't forget there is the 2nd CW location in Myrtle. They do not prep new units or sold units and often are less jammed up.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #14

I like CW for online parts. They have usually good prices and fast delivery. Far as their stores and personal experiences... they blow.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #15

Went to both CW location in Myrtle Beach for bearing and axle parts. Neither had the parts nor did they want to do the work to fix my unit that was broken down in the parking lot of a food service business. One of the CWs did give me a phone number to an Independent RV Service. The Independent RV Service ONLY did work on the body and inside of RVs.... But this Independent RV Service did give me the phone number of a Wrecker Service that worked on Brakes and Axles. That Wrecker Service was a God sent and I wish that I could find their business card to give out their name. Wonderful, Wonderful people, did great work at a very fair price.

I am a 'Life Member' of 'Good Sam's'..... NOT something that I am very proud to say very often. I really cursed CW in Myrtle Beach.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #16

Camping World of Northern Michigan did a fantastic job installing two slide toppers for us. They also completed the AC recall and I had they top off the propane while it was there. All this work was scheduled. Dropped it off on specified date, they called when completed, and picked it up on scheduled pick up date.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #17

we too will NEVER step foot in CW as we were sales victims in Gulf Breeze, FL
smith32533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #18
Happy Camper

They will never see my (bought from them) unit in their service department again!!!
Great people in their retail store areas but service is not "service".
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #19

This was my CW experience in Fairfield Ohio on a roof replacement they did for me these pics are after it's done needless to say I won't be back Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1034.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	144946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	144947
chedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #20

I have had good experience with Camping World, Houston. It takes a long time for service, bring it in one month after first call and one to two months later before you get it back. They told you before that this will be the case. You have your own advisor and they call back. They are just so busy.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, customer service, service