Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #1

Camping World in Meridian Idaho - STAY AWAY!!!

Last summer we purchased a Forest River Surveyor travel trailer from Camping World in Meridian, Idaho. When we purchased the trailer it had a small ding where someone had backed into it on the lot, and we waited patiently to take delivery for them to fix that ding. It took them a month. Then they called and insisted we take delivery right away because it would make their sales figures for the month look good. We were unable to do as we were out of town, but we set a delivery date. We arrived on time to pick up our new camp trailer, and.....nothing. The trailer was not ready, no one seemed to know we were coming, they could not find the paperwork, etc. and no one seemed to be in charge or willing to step in and get things rolling. After a very long wait we finally were able to do the walkthrough and get our new camp trailer home.

On our first camping trip with it (early fall by this time) the pullout sprayer on the sink fauctet cracked. I threw some duct tape on it (don't go camping without it!) and we made it through the trip. When we got home, I winterized the camper and put it away for the year. When I had time, I took the faucet sprayer back to Camping World and asked about getting a new one. They were extremely rude and unhelpful and seemed very put out that I did not make an appointment to come in and talk to them. Apparently you are expected to make an appointment with a "service advisor" for such minor matters. They told me that they could not replace the faucet sprayer unless I made an appointment and then brought the entire trailer in and left it. As this would be a big hassle (trailer winterized and stored for winter) I asked if I could buy a new faucet sprayer. No, can't do that either. Now, this is a brand spanking new trailer I had just bought FROM THEM. Their attitude towards a customer was completely unacceptable.

I did not do anything further on the issue until recently, and with spring here and it being time to use the trailer again, I contacted Forest River and explained the situation to them. They were very helpful and today I received a complete new faucet assembly for the trailer. No thanks at all to Camping World in Meridian, Idaho. I would stay away from them. They are rude and unhelpful even if you bought the trailer there, I would hate to see how they treat everyone else.
Mad Dog 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping