Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #21

Totally agree. Camping world is the worst. Will never buy there again. They absolutely do not care. I gave them a 2nd chance at a different camping world and worse results. From now on it will be any other dealer, besides camping world or Craigslist.
Cardinal5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #22

Sorry for your troubles. Should never happen. I too had issues with no positive results. Learned the hard way. It's a management issue. Never again. I too tell others to avoid. Marcus needs to take care of his business and not be on tv buying up poorly run business. Just my 2 cents.
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #23

Chrisf65--check out the post I started almost two years ago. It is titled: Frustration with dealer warranty work. Camping World of Kansas City will never see me on their property again.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #24

Singing a familiar tune. Same sh#t, different locations.
Camping world of Crystal lake Il.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Lite Fun View Post
Go post this on the good Sam blogs. I've seem Marcus himself reply and offer help. I think it is the RV Net blog.
I had similar experience with Camping World of Anniston in Oxford AL. I posted repeatedly and even requested Marcus assistance. You want to know how they fixed that? They shut me me off of the website. I had to actually establish a new userid and password to continue to file my complaint. Like others, I just don't see how they remain in business.

I just discovered they recently purchased one our local RV Dealerships (RV World of Georgia) and by agreement the dealership will operate under their original name. So, now no one will know they belong to the CW umbrella. I just will never do any business with them again.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #26

Never did business with CW and don't plan to but the way I see it, CW wants to become the 'Walmart of RV's and like Walmart (with the lowest prices everyday), something has to be substandard. I read very little positive posts about CW on here or any other RV forum, but, they keep selling RV's and expanding. I find that interesting.

It appears to me that about everyone on this site shops for best price and IMO, that is not a good way of doing business. Shop for a good dealer with good service and then worry about price. What I did and I'm very happy with my selling dealer.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Never did business with CW and don't plan to but the way I see it, CW wants to become the 'Walmart of RV's and like Walmart (with the lowest prices everyday), something has to be substandard. I read very little positive posts about CW on here or any other RV forum, but, they keep selling RV's and expanding. I find that interesting.

It appears to me that about everyone on this site shops for best price and IMO, that is not a good way of doing business. Shop for a good dealer with good service and then worry about price. What I did and I'm very happy with my selling dealer.

Easy to see how they stay in business. CW of Myrtle sells between 1300 to more than 1500 units annually. That is just one of well over 100 locations. CW sells many times more than anyone else and with that many locations all will not be great or even good. With that many transactions, not all will be happy. Always hear the bad, others too busy enjoying.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #28

My read on CW based on posts in a number of forums, there are a few good locations and then all the rest. Occasional good service in case of an emergency while on the road. But I also read about mobile service being able to do just as good or better. So based on my reading, I will go into a CW only as a last resort or to browse while planning to buy what I want elsewhere.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
My read on CW based on posts in a number of forums, there are a few good locations and then all the rest. Occasional good service in case of an emergency while on the road. But I also read about mobile service being able to do just as good or better. So based on my reading, I will go into a CW only as a last resort or to browse while planning to buy what I want elsewhere.
That reminds me of Cabelas. I go there to shop for what I want, then buy it elsewhere about 95% of the time.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #30

In California, I was so fed up with CW in Valencia; ridiculously bad, customer non-service. In The Sacramento/ Rocklin area; not much better and rude service desk employees.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Easy to see how they stay in business. CW of Myrtle sells between 1300 to more than 1500 units annually. That is just one of well over 100 locations. CW sells many times more than anyone else and with that many locations all will not be great or even good. With that many transactions, not all will be happy. Always hear the bad, others too busy enjoying.
you have to see the system, how CW works: they buy all "small" local dealers with good reputation and either close them in favor to the near located camping world store, or remodel it to a CW store.
The transformation appears a year later, when all employees who can't live with the terms and regulations, how to treat customers in favor of high margin quit and going somewhere else. Camping world is plain to press the customer into a rv and sell aftersales stuff like extended warranty, insurance, and their sam's club with all look good discounts, which are none, if you just compare some prices.
it's about money making and not about making customers happy or building a long term relationship. they care less, if you dare to come back- they take the money and run. And the sales people are trained to do, what and how they do business. They don't care about people who want service. Service is just "available", because it's for many customers a have to, to know, where to go. but don't you dare to want to use their service- then you will figure out real quick, what it is all about.
It's not about customer service, but about making money, where they can.
It's a typical- you go there for a discounted item, the they don't have it and you buy the regular (overpriced) other item, and mostly something else, too. It's about cornering people, that they can't go away and have no choice- sales tactic. If they where a small, local business, they already went out of business. but they are so big, that either you want it or not- you will buy there eventually something, sooner or later in your life.
And the biggest problem is: they know it.
chrisf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
That reminds me of Cabelas. I go there to shop for what I want, then buy it elsewhere about 95% of the time.
really? Wow. Cabela's is the absolute epitome of what Customer Service should be in this country. I have yet to encounter a company better at it. So sad that BPS bought them out.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #33

Today would be a good day to buy a major item at Camping World, 15% off one item

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Today would be a good day to buy a major item at Camping World, 15% off one item

Marked up 40% then discounted 15%. Sounds like a great deal to me!

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #35

I have found things cheaper at Camping World than anyplace else

Old 01-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #36

Quote:

X2 including my last 2 RVs
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #37
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:

For me that has been the exception rather than the rule. Even when their stuff is on sale I can quite often find it somewhere else for less. Not to mention their stock selection is usually pretty poor. Seldom do I find what I need when I go in there. Not sure if they don't stock it, or just don't maintain stock levels.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #38

I always look around for the best price and sometimes Camping World has the best price and if there is a problem with what I order then C/W will take it back and I don't have the problem of shipping item back. I have a local C/W that does great service work too. I knew those people before C/W brought them out. They were Hawleys then and they were great to work with

Tags
camping