Old 04-14-2019, 07:19 AM   #11
Fun Finders

Up here in Canada we donít have a Camping World (maybe someday). We bought our new 5er from our local FR dealer back in Ď16. On our first trip down south with it we got as far as Sioux City,Iowa,stopped at a rest area. While doing a walk around I noticed that the rubber on the roof had a large bubble. To make a long story short the fellow (canít remember his name) went above and beyond to help us out. He was the only service tech around at 5pm on a Saturday,he wasnít even supposed to be there that day. He climbed up on the roof and fixed it up so we could continue on our way. When we went to pay for the service he said NO CHARGE. WHAT? we where taken aback ,he was here on his day off and when we needed him he stepped up to the plate to look after us.
This has been our only dealings with Camping World and needless to say we canít say anything negative about them.

Greg.Miranda.Travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudew View Post
I bought a Forest River Forester from Camping World in Lafayette, Louisiana and was treated fair on the sale and was treated great by service when I brought back for repairs during warranty. They did a great job on keeping me informed on progress and made sure I was comfortable while waiting on the work to be completed.
Your camping world and the one in bossier we're both Southern RV before camping world bought them out. Perhaps they are still under same management and going through the same improvement plan.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #13
Site Team

It's easy for us to generalize about groups. ie. One bad doctor and they're all quacks. One bad cop and they're all crooks. One bad salesman and they're all rude.
Easy to do. I'm so guilty of this myself. That's why I was so impressed with my experience at CW. I'd heard so much about how bad they all were. Shame on me for generalizing.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Camping World of Bossier City (Shreveport, LA)

So glad to know it's only an hour from me. Keep up the good work!

I'm glad you had a good experience, much different from what happened to me. When my local Camping World (Akron, OH) installed the towing package in my toad, there were a number of problems. The braking system failed less than a mile from the dealer and their fix for the problem, while making it work, didn't fix the problem which then reappeared within a month. Worse than that, they installed the system's attachment to the brake pedal so that when I applied the brake with my foot, it would throw my foot off of the brake onto the gas pedal. I told CW to install the system using a 7-position cable but they used a 5-position and ran an extra wire for the sixth connection the system required.

I was able to fix the brake pedal attachment, a 15 minute job. When I finally went to Roadmaster's factory to have them figure out whey the brake system didn't work, they explained to me that CW had installed the actuator under the dashboard instead of under the driver's seat. CW's installation location required them to coil up the actuator cable, causing enough friction in the cable that the brake system wouldn't work. Roadmaster relocated the actuator to its correct location under the driver's seat which completely solved the problem.

There are a few scattered CWs that provide competent service. I consider it a gamble whenever using one for a repair.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #15
MCTroy

Our friends fell in live with a Vintage type TT of SOB. only dealership for this TT within 200 miles is Camping World in Columbus, Ohio. They were terrible when our friends called for delivery updates. One time they said the trailer was there until my friends drove 75 miles... then nope, they LOST the trailer. Being a Facebook junkie, I got online and found their page. I spelled out all the horrible service etc. SURPRISE! By 7:00 am the next day they had a call from corporate and they got things done. So maybe going up the ladder works!

MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping

« RV One Des Moines | - »