Old 08-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #11

Well, I drove past one of the Chesaco locations when I left Leo's last week. Seemed kind of tiny. Now I am glad I didn't stop. They always have a huge presence at the Timonium shows.

Which location did you buy from?

What did you buy?

Sorry about your troubles.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Well, I drove past one of the Chesaco locations when I left Leo's last week. Seemed kind of tiny. Now I am glad I didn't stop. They always have a huge presence at the Timonium shows.

Which location did you buy from?

What did you buy?

Sorry about your troubles.

Delco...... we bought a Forest River Fr3 class A motor home. And yes we bought it from the Timonium show. Hence some of the issues. The salesman who sold it was from the Shumakersville location in PA. Therefore they got the credit for sale. They are a very small location though and do not even have a service shop. Therefore the delivery was scheduled at the Gambrils location. They told us that that was there best shop for ClassA delivery. They were the location that did not have the prep ready after 3 attempted delivery dates and they finally drove it to the Joppa location for delivery Because the Joppa location is the closest to our home so......... now you can see why no one wants to take responsibility. BUT ITS ALL THE SAME COMPANY AND OWNER!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins

We bought our Grey Wolf from Chesaco and had not issues. It was also from the Timonium show. Our walk through was quick but thorough but we also had previous trailers so we had an idea of what we were looking for. The ONE thing we missed was the keypad entry did not work (would not take a new code). I contacted the lock maker and they sent a new one with out issues. I had not other issues so I did not need their service. But it does seem like most places have terrible service.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #14

We bought our unit from Chesaco Frederick last year and had no issues. The salesman was great and went out of his way to meet our schedules. The PDI took about two hours and cost us nothing. They filled our propane tanks and installed our Equalizer hitch. The only negatives we had came after the sale and when we had a warranty issue with our rear stab jacks. It took waaay too long. I don't believe their service department is properly staffed to keep pace with the work.

Marty
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #15
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
We bought our unit from Chesaco Frederick last year and had no issues. The salesman was great and went out of his way to meet our schedules. The PDI took about two hours and cost us nothing. They filled our propane tanks and installed our Equalizer hitch. The only negatives we had came after the sale and when we had a warranty issue with our rear stab jacks. It took waaay too long. I don't believe their service department is properly staffed to keep pace with the work.

Marty
Yeah that summed us up as well. I gave them my old WD setup with the trade and they installed the Equalizer. They did mess up the pickup date (which cost me a vacation day) so that is a negative... But they gave us $500 of store credit to make up for it and we went on a shopping spree!

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdifuccia View Post
Delco...... we bought a Forest River Fr3 class A motor home. And yes we bought it from the Timonium show. Hence some of the issues. The salesman who sold it was from the Shumakersville location in PA. Therefore they got the credit for sale. They are a very small location though and do not even have a service shop. Therefore the delivery was scheduled at the Gambrils location. They told us that that was there best shop for ClassA delivery. They were the location that did not have the prep ready after 3 attempted delivery dates and they finally drove it to the Joppa location for delivery Because the Joppa location is the closest to our home so......... now you can see why no one wants to take responsibility. BUT ITS ALL THE SAME COMPANY AND OWNER!
Yeah, the typical us and them attitude.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #17

I've had a personal and professional relationship with Custom Coach for over 30 years. Honestly, if they ever go out of business I would be lost to some degree. The fact they are a small operation does create a slow turnaround at times but as for being honest and desiring your business, they are good people. I bought my ROO and MH from local Baltimore area dealers and both went out of business soon thereafter leaving me hanging without dedicated specific dealer service. And yes, Chesaco has had some poor reviews over the years.

Scott
2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."
rvrobocop is offline   Reply With Quote