Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2018, 07:31 PM   #21

Thanks for all the info everyone! Retirement is approaching fast. We have done our research and are ready to buy. Living in the Frederick, Md area, I'm glad I saw this thread. Ive learned that good service is worth a little extra cost. No one needs the BS I'm reading about here !!!!
Deanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanm View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone! Retirement is approaching fast. We have done our research and are ready to buy. Living in the Frederick, Md area, I'm glad I saw this thread. Ive learned that good service is worth a little extra cost. No one needs the BS I'm reading about here !!!!
We bought ours from Bills Happy Camper in Mill Hall, PA a year ago. Thankfully no problems to date but would buy there again. Good experience and good follow up from the owner Bill.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
We bought ours from Bills Happy Camper in Mill Hall, PA a year ago. Thankfully no problems to date but would buy there again. Good experience and good follow up from the owner Bill.
Nice to hear good things about Bill's Happy Camper, they are now carrying the River Stone line and are the closest dealer with them to us.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 AM   #24

I purchased my current Jayco TT from Chesaco RV about 8 years ago and I can’t complain about they’re service. A week after purchase I went up on the roof to check it and found spots that needed to be resealed. I took it back and they had complete resealed the whole roof. It’s holding up well to this day. They are one of the few RV dealers that survived the crash here in MD. Like any dealer though they will take advantage of unsuspecting consumers.
Dustyhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #25
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyhd View Post
I purchased my current Jayco TT from Chesaco RV about 8 years ago and I can’t complain about they’re service. A week after purchase I went up on the roof to check it and found spots that needed to be resealed. I took it back and they had complete resealed the whole roof. It’s holding up well to this day. They are one of the few RV dealers that survived the crash here in MD. Like any dealer though they will take advantage of unsuspecting consumers.
That sure is high praise for a business.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanm View Post
Bought our Sunseeker from Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA, just north of Hagerstown. I've had nothing but good experiences with Keystone. Bought a Flagstaff TT before this MH. As far as I'm concerned, their service department is the best around! [emoji106]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdifuccia View Post
We have had a horrific time with Chesaco RV. I would warn anyone who is looking for a coach to stay away.

We purchased a coach last year in September. We went for our walk through and they did not have the coach ready for delivery. We made the mistake of signing all the paperwork and dropping off our trade. Two weeks later we went for the second delivery date. Drove down and the things that we noticed prior to singing the paperwork still were not fixed. Two weeks later we finally took delivery only because we had a trip planned but there were still mechanical issues. We dropped the coach back off at the dealership the end of October and they had it until The end of January.

In June we dropped it off for more warrantee work. When I went to pick it up They lost my keys and had to drive me 45 miles home to get my spare set .

Today I went to drop off the coach for 10 more issues we have found during our past few trips. I scheduled this repair over 3 weeks ago. I told them when I scheduled it that I had another trip planned in 10 days. After I dropped it off today they told me to come pick it back up because they could not look at it in the next 10 days...... Why schedule a service if they can not even look at it?

So after I lost my temper they agreed to look at 2 of the issues but I'll have to bring it back in during September to complete the rest of the issues.

Their SERVICE DEPARTMENT is HORRIFIC!! I could expand on the many issues I have had..... I have been lied to so many times I can no longer count. If anyone would like more or specific details I'll be glad to elaborate but it raises my blood pressure just thinking about it.

Just trying to warn a fellow Campers.... I received a good price on my Coach but would GLADLY have paid more for good customer service and a Service Department that cares about their customers
Wish we had seen this before buying from this group. We are currently living this nightmare almost exactly like you have done.
Priscilla and Gary Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

Scary stuff. I never researched my dealer because I ordered while visiting Hershey RV show. Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't even want to look it up now, lol. For the record, these businesses with terrible customer satisfaction should be barred from selling at RV shows, and the show coordinator should be aware of this, as it tarnishes the reputation of the show.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #29
Who Dares, Wins

I. Agree, they should be barred. But I learned something from a fr rep. If a dealership decides to sell a product at an rv show they keep that privilege as long as they want it.. Part of the deal. No matter how bad the dealership is, learned this after we had a nightmare with our dealer.. Fr knows their not good but they are obligated to use them.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:10 AM   #30
Global Nomad

I wish Maryland would extend their Lemon Law to include RV's. That would eliminate placers like Chesaco, who pray on unsuspecting customers.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:18 AM   #31
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
I wish Maryland would extend their Lemon Law to include RV's. That would eliminate placers like Chesaco, who pray on unsuspecting customers.
I agree. Every state that has a Lemon Law should have it extend to all RV's.
Wonder if the Lemon Law would extend to Class A's and C's in MD, or would it only apply to drivetrain/chassis and not the whole unit?

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I. Agree, they should be barred. But I learned something from a fr rep. If a dealership decides to sell a product at an rv show they keep that privilege as long as they want it.. Part of the deal. No matter how bad the dealership is, learned this after we had a nightmare with our dealer.. Fr knows their not good but they are obligated to use them.
Kind of like how Congress works.

Bruce