Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Chris and Sara

Thumbs up Cheyenne Camping Center, Walcott, Ia

We had a very good buying experience recently with John Watkins at this dealership. He was very responsive to my questions leading up to the sale, being 360 miles away made me nervous at first, but John quickly put me at ease!! Very thorough PDI tech(Dennis). Sale process was quick and easy. When they pulled our truck and trailer around, as we were getting ready to pull away, John came out with a rose for my wife,and a bottle of Champagne for us to celebrate our new camper!! First class dealership!!

http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #2

Good On Line Tours Too!

They had a great On-Line Tour of a trailer I was looking for in the Fresno, CA area. Flagstaff 8528RKSS
Couldn't find one in stock so based on their on line tour, we ordered one from the factory. They ought to get some brownie points from the factory for that.

Nice Job Guys.

Bill Cody
Madera, CA.

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #3

Thumbs up Great experience

We bought our Sabre 31RKDS from Cheyenne Camping Center. The transaction went smoothly with Mr. Kevin Frazier, he even sent me a box of goodies from thier RV parts store. The price for the unit and delivery to my front door here in New Mexico was very reasonable would recommend them to anyone.
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #4

I wish they sold every rig on the market just so I could look at their pictures. They have the best pictures of RVs on the net.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #5

I worked with Suzi Schueler and she was great. The whole group were great. I drove from Ontario to Iowa and made a weekend out of it.
Good people.

Ken
PUMA 30DBSS - 2010
Mac-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #6

My family and i also purchased a new trailer and being from manitoba it was a long trip but had a great experience with cheyenne and would do it again in a heartbeat!
tlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
Captain of Industry

I just got back from picking up our brand new Puma 259RBSS at Cheyenne Camping Center. I worked with Matt Kakert and he made the whole process very very easy. He quickly turned around any emails answering questions for me. The pickup was a cake walk. They had my fifth wheel in the shop (it was 17 degrees outside) for the final walk-thru and they did a very thorough job educating me on the trailer's operation.

Very, very happy with this dealer!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
I bought a Cherokee 28BHKS from them. I liked them because they got things done and kept me moving. But down falls were it was Monday and everyone acted that way. I had one of the co owner as my salesman. He kept running off time after time. They did do a walk through in a heated shop VS outside in 6 degree weather. The salesman did not even do the walk through. I was a little bit more upset about everything due to the fact I was tired. Would I go back? It was a good dealership but I have 2 that are closer. And actually one was cheaper but I found that after the loan process went through.
scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #9

Thumbs up Cheyenne Camping Center

We bought our new Prism 2150LE in October 2013 from Cheyenne Camping Center. We first saw it through an EBay ad. I dealt directly with the owner, Kevin, by phone. He sent all the paperwork to our home in California for review before we flew to Iowa. Kevin made it clear that we were not to sign the contract until we had inspected and approved of our Coachman. We were met at the airport, driven to the dealership, and introduced to a technician who was assigned to take as much time as we wanted, to show us everything about the unit, and answer any questions we had. We had owned a Bounder for the previous 17 years so we had a pretty good idea on what questions to ask. When we were satisfied, we then went to Kevin's office to take care of the paperwork. Everything was done in a professional manner and all of the staff were helpful and courteous. In fact for us , it was a fun experience! I have been strongly recommending the Cheyenne Camping Center to all who ask where we got our Prism.
puluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #10

we bought our 21fbrs from matt kakert and i must say it was the best buying experience of my life bar none . great price , great walk through, hook up and getting me on the road was great. even got to tour the biggest truckstop in the world across the road, i-80. on a scale of 1 to 10 it's a 20.
wpredock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
WFD

They definitely have the most and best pics of any dealership, every angle, every nook and cranny, and they do have excellent communication through the buying process. The only knock against them, is that you better know all the details and specs of what you are looking at and don't assume anything. The Puma we looked at from them looked good till I started noticing things and asking questions. They bring them in pretty stripped and bare bones...ours had no oven(fairly common for people to leave that out, not everyone wants one. But no spare tire, no rear ladder, no side shelf extension, no skylight above shower.
If you don't want those things then that's all fine, but don't assume they all come with that from factory.
After all was said and done, we ended up getting a fully loaded identical model from a dealer in WI instead for cheaper than what it would have been if Cheyenne had added the spare, the ladder, etc.

I would however be more than willing to give them a 2nd shot down the road, but would be very careful that I am comparing apples to apples.

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
They definitely have the most and best pics of any dealership, every angle, every nook and cranny, and they do have excellent communication through the buying process. The only knock against them, is that you better know all the details and specs of what you are looking at and don't assume anything. The Puma we looked at from them looked good till I started noticing things and asking questions. They bring them in pretty stripped and bare bones...ours had no oven(fairly common for people to leave that out, not everyone wants one. But no spare tire, no rear ladder, no side shelf extension, no skylight above shower.
If you don't want those things then that's all fine, but don't assume they all come with that from factory.
After all was said and done, we ended up getting a fully loaded identical model from a dealer in WI instead for cheaper than what it would have been if Cheyenne had added the spare, the ladder, etc.

I would however be more than willing to give them a 2nd shot down the road, but would be very careful that I am comparing apples to apples.

Rick
i would'nt blame cheyenne for not having one with everything you want, they order them for a certain price range. they did'nt have the model with everything we wanted so i ordered one and it was there in 2 weeks. we got the optional oven, power hitch jack, wood look floor, night shades, different interior colors etc. theres no way they could have had a model in stock exactly like we wanted.
wpredock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #13
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpredock View Post
i would'nt blame cheyenne for not having one with everything you want, they order them for a certain price range. they did'nt have the model with everything we wanted so i ordered one and it was there in 2 weeks. we got the optional oven, power hitch jack, wood look floor, night shades, different interior colors etc. theres no way they could have had a model in stock exactly like we wanted.
There was no blame laid...I simply pointed out things like day/night shades, shelf extensions, etc. could easily be overlooked by someone. Thus my point of saying make sure you are comparing apples to apples, and if you are bringing one in, make sure all the options you want are there. No knock on the dealer at all, that's the way they operate and that's fine. Like I said at the end of my post, I would definitely be willing to give them another shot in the future. I have a couple friends and relatives who have bought there, they are a great dealer.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Two new campers from Cheyenne camping center in 8 years and looking again.

TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #15

I bought a Palomino Traverse Sequoia from them back in February! Awesome buying experience with John Watkins. He sent me all the information I could ask for on the RV's I was considering....I think I only talked on the phone with him once before deciding to buy...couldn't beat the price for the loaded rig I got! I had a 4 1/2 hour drive to pick it up...I pulled in and they immediately took my vehicle back to install an Electric Brake system and then they had my RV all set up and we spent about and hour going over all the features and how to use it... When we were done and I was happy with the unit, I finished up the deal...John presented me with a rose and bottle of champagne (my wife could not make the trip) and in no time I was headed back home!

We took it camping for the first time this weekend...I had trouble with the battery not charging...I emailed John and the next morning I had a response from one of the service guys and they told me exactly what was wrong and why (fuse) ... all is good now! I would recommend this dealership....if anything, looking at all the pictures of their rigs makes for good entertainment on cold winter nights!
maccve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #16

I have purchased two Sabres from them and couldn't agree more. I have also worked with John and the whole buying process, mostly electronic back and forth between he and I going through options and pricing, was excellent. The champagne and rose is always a great touch.

The service department is also top notch as well. They have always gotten me right in and taken care of me with no issues. Would highly recommend Cheyenne to anyone!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccve View Post
I bought a Palomino Traverse Sequoia from them back in February! Awesome buying experience with John Watkins. He sent me all the information I could ask for on the RV's I was considering....I think I only talked on the phone with him once before deciding to buy...couldn't beat the price for the loaded rig I got! I had a 4 1/2 hour drive to pick it up...I pulled in and they immediately took my vehicle back to install an Electric Brake system and then they had my RV all set up and we spent about and hour going over all the features and how to use it... When we were done and I was happy with the unit, I finished up the deal...John presented me with a rose and bottle of champagne (my wife could not make the trip) and in no time I was headed back home!

We took it camping for the first time this weekend...I had trouble with the battery not charging...I emailed John and the next morning I had a response from one of the service guys and they told me exactly what was wrong and why (fuse) ... all is good now! I would recommend this dealership....if anything, looking at all the pictures of their rigs makes for good entertainment on cold winter nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I have purchased two Sabres from them and couldn't agree more. I have also worked with John and the whole buying process, mostly electronic back and forth between he and I going through options and pricing, was excellent. The champagne and rose is always a great touch.

The service department is also top notch as well. They have always gotten me right in and taken care of me with no issues. Would highly recommend Cheyenne to anyone!
I concur with both of you!
Two units from Cheyenne!

Turbs

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #18

The wholesaler versions of dealers like Cheyenne and RV Wholesalers in Ohio order campers that are NOT all loaded up on purpose. This keeps the price low!!! You are buying on price when you choose these types of dealers. You can add extras down the road through them, a different dealer, or even at the big FR event in Goshen in August.
SammySabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySabre View Post
The wholesaler versions of dealers like Cheyenne and RV Wholesalers in Ohio order campers that are NOT all loaded up on purpose. This keeps the price low!!! You are buying on price when you choose these types of dealers. You can add extras down the road through them, a different dealer, or even at the big FR event in Goshen in August.
What are you talking about ?

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #20

Good question Turbs. They have some fully loaded units there and I think a lot of what they get is based on years of ordering preference knowledge. I cannot speak to them as I bought both of ours via custom order (i think I might have been one of the first QBOK owners from them, but not positive, as well as a 32QBDS). They now have loaded QBOKs on the lot and other units as well that are loaded.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote