Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #1

Dealer service

Hey all i know we have a read and most have experienced bad service at an RV dealership. Just have to tell you about my experience yesterday. i had made an appointment with my dealer to replace my awning as it had started to rip, we were hoping FR would warrant it, I was expecting to drop the TT off and come pick it up at a later date as i have heard so many of you say it sometimes takes days, week or months to get repairs. Well the DW and i got there i ask where they wanted me too park it, the parts manager said to take it around the other side. When i got the he was coming out of the shop with ladder in hand. Long story short 45 minutes later the awning was installed the DW had checked out the new 5er's on the lot and we were on the way home. and the cost was $0.00
just think good service should be recognised as well as bad.
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Always Learning

Name names!
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #3

northgate RV alcoa Tennessee, we have bought 3 TT's from these folks they really do treat you like family
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

Let's keep this thread going with positive experiences with a dealer and maybe the bad eggs in the carton will wake up and want their dealership listed here as well.
We purchased our trailer long distance from Haylett RV in Coldwater, MI. We were provided with a video walk through and a salesperson personally walking through the RV describing what he saw. The unit was exactly as advertised, cleaned and ready for us when we arrived. Being used it was bought "as is" but when a shear pin and slide gear broke they replaced the parts no charge and walked me through the repair.
I highly recommend this dealer.
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #5

I could name a bunch of dealers with poor or no service but the best service I have experienced that even rivals other industries is from

Country Road RV in Sundre, AB www.countryroadrv.ca
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

We always get excellent service at Shorewood RV in Anoka, MN. They also have a shop in Des Moines, IA but we haven't been there. Friendly, professional and timely work. Remember if parts are needed they can't do the work until they arrive. Shorewood is pretty good about "order the parts and I'll bring the unit in when the parts arrive" - they may have to look at it to scope the work and order the parts, but many times they can spec it over the phone.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #7

We also purchased our Hybrid long distance from ExploreUSA in Seguin TX. Dennis Applegate was our sales person and could not have been more open and honest in his presentation. after driving 1600 miles, we were greeted and promptly introduced to a technician who personally walked us through the unit and demonstrated everything was in working order. The unit was exactly as advertised, cleaned and ready for us when we arrived.

Even though the unit was less that a year old, They installed new battery, filled the propane tanks and gave us a starter kit as well. When we were leaving, the technician set all the tire pressures and torqued the wheels in our presence.

Dennis followed up by telephone a few days later to make sure we made it home safely and the trailer was to our liking.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Moved thread to Dealer Reviews section of the Forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #9

Tri Am RV in Ocala, Florida is great! They communicate well and are so pleasant to deal with. We bought our unit from another local dealer, but since it is now out of warranty, we have been taking it to Tri Am. We will purchase our next TT through Tri Am. They have graciously sponsored part of our yearly rally as well.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #10

POSTERS/READERS

Be sure to share your good and bad experiences at:

RV Service Reviews

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, service