Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #1

Fun town rv cleburne,tx

We purchased our first fifth wheel ( FOREST RIVER HG 356QBQ) from Fun Town RV in Cleburn,Tx last year. They delivered the unit to me in September 2013. .
My new fifth wheel came to me with these defects
1. outside sink would not drain( check valve bad),
2. stove would not stay lit
3. heater would not blow into back bathroom
4. sink faucets in both bathroom sinks leaked
5. both toilets in the bathrooms leaked .
I have had my fifth wheel for over a year and it just got fixed. All these repairs should have been covered under warranty, but it cost me $248 to have them repaired. I would never buy another RV from your Fun Town RV in Cleburne,TX or Forest River Product., your service department is the worst I have encountered in my life. The worst part when you call to complain they just send you to someones voice mail and then they never call you back. I paid alot of money for this fifth wheel and got the extended warranty and still had to pay to get it fixed. Forest River is no better than Fun Town RV, they never call you back to answer your complaint.
rlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #2

X2 on that Fun Town RV. I didn't buy there, they won't talk to us about warranty work. So far I have been able to take care of things myself. Forest River has been good about sending me parts, just lucky I have the ability to fix most things.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandry View Post
We purchased our first fifth wheel ( FOREST RIVER HG 356QBQ) from Fun Town RV in Cleburn,Tx last year. They delivered the unit to me in September 2013. .
I have had my fifth wheel for over a year and it just got fixed. All these repairs should have been covered under warranty, but it cost me $248 to have them repaired. I would never buy another RV from your Fun Town RV in Cleburne,TX or Forest River Product., your service department is the worst I have encountered in my life. The worst part when you call to complain they just send you to someones voice mail and then they never call you back. I paid alot of money for this fifth wheel and got the extended warranty and still had to pay to get it fixed. Forest River is no better than Fun Town RV, they never call you back to answer your complaint.
What was NOT covered by warranty? It appears by the dates you recited, that the one year warranty should have covered the repairs.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Senior Moment

And that's why I drove to Ohio to purchase my Rockwood, tried to work a deal with them, even offered to pay 2k more and they were not interested. So buying local for service is not all its cracked up to be. Sorry about all your problems. Sounds like they did a very poor job of dealer prep. I was have been very pleased with our purchase.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
B47

Things must have changed in their service department. We had several problems and they went up and beyond fixing them.

The service manager when we brought was a guy with the initials W.P..

Was he there when you all brought from them?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
Infractee

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure you understood that this is a forum for owners of Forest River RV's. This forum is not owned or operated by Forest River or Fun Town RV.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #7

replacing the faucets and toilets. I had domestic send me the toilets and the service guy installed them, the faucets he installed cost more than the ones that came with the trailer new. They would not cover the cost. The service guy made three trips to get the fifth wheel fixed and Fun Town told him to buy the parts and replace them. I had to cover the parts and service they did not cover.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #8

I own the Forest River Fifth wheel we are talking about.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #9

The service manager is not the same one they had when we bought the unit.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #10

Does anyone have a customer service contact that I could speak too about these issues. All i get is voice mails and they don't call back?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
The service manager is not the same one they had when we bought the unit.
That might explain a few problems. W.P. Was great to us. He even spoke with the FR warranty person in Indiana directly on some fixes.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
Just A Member

Been there, done that...Lesson learned for sure.

Days Camped 2012: 80
Days Camped 2013: 101
Days Camped 2014: 115
marc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #13

I also bought my Cedar Creek fro Fun Town. I don't use their service department. Had a couple of somewhat bad experiences with them. I have never had serious problems with my Creek so I either fix stuff myself or make a punch list and wait for the big FROG rally in Goshen IN. At the rally, techs from all the Forest River factories come out and fix stuff for free, Of course you pay for large parts, like ACs or washer/dryers. They also have many vendors at the rally. I bought a Trail Aire/Tri-Glide pin box from the Lippert rep (great price!!) and Lippert installed it right there at the rally for no cost. Several of our Cedar Creek owners did the same thing. Anyway I can get Cedar Creek parts sent to me fairly fast for work I do myself. Good luck!
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote