Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #1

Getting your RV serviced

Getting your Rv serviced

The one thing different if you haven already noticed about owning and an Rv is that getting it serviced is a tricky endeavor like not to be compared with getting your car serviced.

So here are a few tips on how to get things going smoother.

If something breaks get a photo of it and email that to you service department. A Lott of RV companies require there dealers to jump through this hoop of providing photos of faulty equipment in order to send then replacement parts thus adds to the wait time.
Instead of leaving you RV on there lot for three weeks awaiting parts have service call you when the parts arrive. But know the parts department number I have found on not more than one occasion you will have to call the parts desk to find out where your parts are after three months of waiting. I now let it go a week then start calling..

Make it one trip,,make a list of the problems you encounter, give the list to the service manager so they have something to work off. Have them notify you of any long lead time parts so you can make a division as to weather or not you want to leave your unit there with the dealer.

The hard part…Ask for a time when you can expect the repairs to be completed. This can be a tricky part as service people really don’t like giving you this estimate because priorities shift during the day and you RV ma be set aside for a new (Show) RV being readied for it new owner.

Do not be afraid to call people sales, and ask for help service or general managers can get such to get the ball rolling if it get stuck.
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #2

Like you, I make a list of items to be serviced but I take mine in during the winter months when I can't use it anyway.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Absolutely. If the service can wait until the winter months when you will not using it. Best to have it done then.

Great advice even if you are planning to have the work done in the winter. I do not like leaving my RV at the dealer any longer than needs to be. With all those big rigs moving around the RV lots and service area, I just as well leave it in my driveway where it is safe than leave it with them for 1-2 months.

Vin.
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service