Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Site Team

Giant RV, Colton CA

After seeing an advertisement on TV my sister and I visited a local RV dealership this past Thursday. Sister was looking at MHs and I looked at a larger TT. When it came time to leave I inquired about the free BBQ tool set advertised but all of the sales team were clueless. "BBQ tool set?" they said. After a moment the GM said joined in on the discussion and said yes but that it's a part of the show which starts tomorrow. The TV advert did state that the offer ends Sunday & that no purchases was required but didn't say anything about the offer starting tomorrow which I pointed out. Their next comment was that they haven't received the shipment yet. When I asked if my sister could pick it up tomorrow and the GM said "Maybe...if you change your attitude". Well, that comment did indeed change my attitude but not for the better. On that note I left and went home.

After this interaction this dealership will not be getting my business or recommendation.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #2

Wow. Where do these people get their business sense?
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Team

I don't know why any business would pay for advertising and then waste it with playing games. I sure didn't see the "Change your attitude" comment coming.

On the flip side I bet they were more interested in my sister's Gulf Stream MH as a trade in that she doesn't even own. Unknown to the GM I brought my current TT unexpectedly when I wasn't ready to buy yet.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
Site Team

if you do a search on Giant RV, you'll find all kinds of negative reviews.
we stopped by there, while visiting family in SoCal.
we had such a negative, high pressure experience, we decided that we would never consider or recommend them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Afterwards I did a search and saw a good amount of negative reviews but the interesting part was that their main website (3 locations) only had all good reviews. I'm sure they have some happy buyers but 100%? I don't put any value into sites that only list positive feedback.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #6

they tend to remove the less than positive remarks. I left a negative review a while back on another site (not rv related) went back to that page a few days later, and wow, my comment was gone.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Site Team

Removing/editing feedback is somewhat common for too many businesses. My sister's friend owns a pizza place and the owner will delete comments too even comments like wishing there were more cheese on the pizza.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #8

Giant RV more or less pays you to enter feedback. They gave us $40. to spend in their parts department, when we purchased our 5th Wheel.

Their service department is the worst one I have ever dealt with. Purchased the 5th wheel in Dec. took it back to Giant on Jan. 9th, didn't get it back until the end of March.
Had seven issues. They fixed 2. They had to order two parts, when the first one came in in April I asked about the 2nd one. Oops they forgot to order it. Since we live well over an hour away I opted to wait. My husband fixed 3 of the issues - the cabinet door that was loose and they "fixed" actually fell off when we went to open it.

Yesterday we took it back to have a replacement radio installed and the leg for our kitchen counter extension (the part they forgot to order). Went to test the counter extension, as I opened it, the new leg fell off along with the screws.
The radio is yet another defective unit. They didn't even test it.

On a good note, I called the radio manufacturer and they are sending us a new unit on Tuesday.
(http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post871252)

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #9

H v c a b e7t. K870npu
Old 05-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #10

Sorry about the above post. Was cleaning my phone screen and somehow it posted?
Old 08-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #11

I wish I had read this thread before I went there.

Giant RV Service Department

I broke down in my Fleetwood Flair. Steering column and electrical problems. Todd (Service Dept supervisor) from Giant RV told me that they could do repairs but it would take 3 weeks to look at it.

6 weeks later, after me emailing Todd and him rarely replying, they called me and told me that they could not fix the electrical problem. He charged me $360 to repair the steering column and replacing relays. I had vehicle towed to a dealer and the dealer told me that the steering column was not repaired and they needed to replace relays.

I called Todd and his supervisor was supposed to call me but he never did. No follow up and poor service. Don't take your repairs to their shop. Very unsatisfied.
palominohector is offline   Reply With Quote