Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
Attachment 154227 I picked up my Arctic wolf today. I can't say anything bad about Hitch RV, it was a very easy transaction.
Looking good. I don’t know if it the angle of the photo but it seems there is no huge bulb at the top of the front. I don’t know the correct terminology.

I hope it works well for you and please post occasional updates.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Good to hear. Hope it goes well for us as well.
Yeah, when do you expect to get it?

Old 10-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #43
Who Dares, Wins

Two weeks.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #44
Wrench Turnin Fool

Call them, make sure they have your fireplace installed.
I guess there is one negative thing I could say... My unit was supposed to have the optional fireplace included, we picked it up without it, the salesman was apologetic and assured us it was ordered, just hadn't come in yet.
We'll see...

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #45
Who Dares, Wins

How could they do this? I guess there is a cabinet there and or wiring that will be needed... But maybe I am wrong.

They supposedly had out unit two weeks ago.. Then we asked for the sheet to make sure it had the fireplace and bigger sink (does yours? Not double but one big basin). All of the sudden they did not have a build sheet and said once they got one they would send it. We called again and they said they had one just were waiting to add to their inventory.. After a week of no sheer we called again and they said it was still being build in Goshen..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #46
Wrench Turnin Fool

Yeah... They seem to have some confusion, need to work on that.
There is a cabinet with two doors under the TV, doors come off and fireplace goes in, outlet is already there.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #47
Who Dares, Wins

I am not a gambler but I wonder if your unit might have been one of the supposed units they had for us.. But we made a big deal about making sure it had thebig sink and fireplace and everything else the show unit had..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #48
Wrench Turnin Fool

Maybe... We have the sink. I think it has everything but the fireplace.
And the rack I wanted is "on order"

Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #49
Who Dares, Wins

Did they do the second ac and FR or did hitch do it? I assume the controls are on the unit, not into another thermostat.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #50
Who Dares, Wins

I am curious to see more pics of your trailer! We are definitely weary but excited. Next Monday would. Be the hitch install...

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #51
Wrench Turnin Fool

Hitch installed the front AC, it is just like the one I have in my pop up. Controls on the unit. It's a little noisey, but COLD.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #52
Wrench Turnin Fool

I installed my own hitch, but I'm a heavy truck mechanic... That's what I do. 😎

Old 10-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #53
Who Dares, Wins

I was going to do the same but they offered to do the install and all if I gave them my equalizer hitch.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #54
Wrench Turnin Fool

Seems fair enough

Old 10-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #55
Who Dares, Wins

Yeah saved me the cost of the hitch and the few hours of my time to install.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #56
Wrench Turnin Fool

Good deal, those hitches can be expensive.
I got a great deal from my boss who had bought it for a trailer that didn't work out (crushed the back end of an F350 like it was a ranger) it's a 20k slider, which is Overkill and I don't need the slide but the price was right

Old 10-15-2017, 07:04 PM   #57
Who Dares, Wins

Yep, can't beat the price then no issues there...

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #58
Who Dares, Wins

Cliff notes: I will have my feelings changed to Neutral for sales and a big A++ (if it was only possible) for the service dept. Reason being, the sales part was terrible, the transfer process was fine but the service department was AWESOME. Jim and Neff from their service department were the ONLY reason we did not walk away. Without their great service this deal would have ended before it began.
I might not ever buy another RV from these folks again, but as long as Jim and Neff are there we will gladly go back for service (while they are the same dealership they are in different buildings).

So as one might have figure out we have picked up the unit. In the end the service department was who had called us in concern as to whether the 5er would be in by the October 27th pickup date... When we did actually get someone from sales they said NO worry, we have a plan A, B and C. They would provide no further other than this.. Jim (the service guy who is hourly and gets zero commission) kept us informed a few times a day as we got closer.

Jim and Neff spent over 3 hours going over everything on the rig, even without us asking or almost even needing our PDI list. They continued to make sure we knew how to hoop up and setup the 5er as this was our first 5er. They also have several items they had already replaced due to issues from FR and were sure to show us what was wrong and how they had done the replacements. They also had pre-fixed some minor workmanship issues from FR.

This unit had been ordered to our specs from FR and had only showed up on the previous Thursday so the service department did a great job getting the extras we wanted installed fast and well. Due to some of our concerns Jim, who ordered our unit, even added a few things to our unit as a few "bonuses".

While we completed our walk through no one from sales even acknowledged we were there. When we did finally walk over to them (when we and Jim) were convinced we had no further concerns... We had to hunt down the sales folk. The transfer of the trailer was nothing to really complain about. They did finally check and get a loan through a bank we have used very often in the past and saved us 3% on the loan. They previously had not wanted to check with them "because our credit might not have been good enough." Both the DW and my scores are well over 800... Turned out this other company that was 3% higher gave them a better kick back.. But in the end within 30 or so minutes we had the trailer moved into our name and the old trailer traded in.

So as said above, A+++ for the service dept. and a C+ for the sales dept.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Cliff notes: I will have my feelings changed to Neutral for sales and a big A++ (if it was only possible) for the service dept. Reason being, the sales part was terrible, the transfer process was fine but the service department was AWESOME. Jim and Neff from their service department were the ONLY reason we did not walk away. Without their great service this deal would have ended before it began.
I might not ever buy another RV from these folks again, but as long as Jim and Neff are there we will gladly go back for service (while they are the same dealership they are in different buildings).

So as one might have figure out we have picked up the unit. In the end the service department was who had called us in concern as to whether the 5er would be in by the October 27th pickup date... When we did actually get someone from sales they said NO worry, we have a plan A, B and C. They would provide no further other than this.. Jim (the service guy who is hourly and gets zero commission) kept us informed a few times a day as we got closer.

Jim and Neff spent over 3 hours going over everything on the rig, even without us asking or almost even needing our PDI list. They continued to make sure we knew how to hoop up and setup the 5er as this was our first 5er. They also have several items they had already replaced due to issues from FR and were sure to show us what was wrong and how they had done the replacements. They also had pre-fixed some minor workmanship issues from FR.

This unit had been ordered to our specs from FR and had only showed up on the previous Thursday so the service department did a great job getting the extras we wanted installed fast and well. Due to some of our concerns Jim, who ordered our unit, even added a few things to our unit as a few "bonuses".

While we completed our walk through no one from sales even acknowledged we were there. When we did finally walk over to them (when we and Jim) were convinced we had no further concerns... We had to hunt down the sales folk. The transfer of the trailer was nothing to really complain about. They did finally check and get a loan through a bank we have used very often in the past and saved us 3% on the loan. They previously had not wanted to check with them "because our credit might not have been good enough." Both the DW and my scores are well over 800... Turned out this other company that was 3% higher gave them a better kick back.. But in the end within 30 or so minutes we had the trailer moved into our name and the old trailer traded in.

So as said above, A+++ for the service dept. and a C+ for the sales dept.
I am relieved to read that this purchase seems to working out for you.

One of my primary rules in retail and service management was to “make it easy for the customer.” Most of my employees understood that rule once I explained the consequences.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #60
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I am relieved to read that this purchase seems to working out for you.

One of my primary rules in retail and service management was to “make it easy for the customer.” Most of my employees understood that rule once I explained the consequences.
I am glad as well this it worked out. Although today we got a call from the service manager (Jim). He was asked why he had not charged us for the hitch... He called us and we had to let him know we had been promised that as part of the deal.. He has yet to call back with the final word.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB

Tags
hitch