Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Hitch RV in Delaware

Well I will give them a chance IF things change but as of now we are giving them a big fat 0!

We had been looking at a new Artic Wolf 31 whatever FW at the Hershey Show. Got pricing and numbers and such on Saturday. We told them around 2 we'd like to move on it and figure the final details. Well up to this point we had been dealing with a man named Lonnie (he is great BTW). But being at the show we were shown to Tim (the owner we were told) since Lonnie was with another customer. No big deal, we had pretty much talked about what we wanted. But Tim, well he seemed to not car to much about anything and seemed very disinterested. But, again, we (and they) knew what we wanted so I'll let it go. We also knew that Lonnie would be leaving for a 10 day vacation so he passed us to either Tim or I think a Dave.

Since it was the show they said they would not be able to do any of the final papers until Tuesday and they would call first thing since the banks and such would be packed from the show, which is reasonable.

Wednesday goes by and we still did not have a call back. So we call them and they have no idea who we are and say they will call us back. We get a call back and they tell us our paperwork went to NJ but they did run the numbers and got XX% for a load from one bank. The number was way to high and we said no (we both have 800+ credit scores). So they tell us they only actually checked with one bank and "they are usually very high" but "they will check with a few other banks that are usually half the %'s of the previous bank" Really?? Guess they give better kick backs...

So now from the 20th we here nothing for several days and call back on Sat the 23rd asking about how they made out. After they figure out who we are the answer is "it's all good, no worries we have the complete series of trailer off the FR line right now." Ok, how about the bank... The rest of the paperwork.. "It's fine, the payment is GOOD." So what is it then? They will not tell... But they will have someone call us back in the hour with the rest of the info BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE OUR PAPERWORK! So why did you call??

Now here we are Wednesday I call back and am told that Tim is busy and he will call me right back. I let the person on the phone know my frustration (nicely, just trying to keep them informed) and she says " well everyone else loves us so I do not know why you do not like us"

But, never get a return call. Called Thursday and Tim was with another customer, he'd call back... No return call. Called today and was told a return call would be made... That was 4 hours ago..

Maybe it is me, I dunno, but so for their communication skills blow! I think it is time to take my $40K somewhere else... If this is how they are with just trying to SELL me something I can only imagine their service. Part that does stink is THEY are the only ones FR will sell the new units to for now under some exclusive agreement... ARG!! We will see....

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
Wrench Turnin Fool

Oh Crap... That's the same dealer we ordered from at the show, although we dealt with Patrick.
Similar story except without the lost/missing paperwork since we hardly did any.

He did say the unit was ordered Monday after the show, they did run my credit (I get an alert from a credit monitoring service) I still haven't given them a deposit, I still don't have an expected delivery date, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm really buying a camper

I think it's the same trailer too 315TBH8?

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
Oh Crap... That's the same dealer we ordered from at the show, although we dealt with Patrick.
Similar story except without the lost/missing paperwork since we hardly did any.

He did say the unit was ordered Monday after the show, they did run my credit (I get an alert from a credit monitoring service) I still haven't given them a deposit, I still don't have an expected delivery date, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm really buying a camper

I think it's the same trailer too 315TBH8?
Yes, same model. I did leave that out, they were also supposed to have called at the end of last week with a VIN and delivery date since they had also ordered us the trailer.. So far no return call, VIN or delivery date. No money put down either (or asked for).

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

After a re-read.. Are you have communications issues as well? I just want to see if it is just me.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
Wrench Turnin Fool

Patrick replies reasonably quickly to my texts, I'm going to text him today and see if there's any news

Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

Ok, thank you

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Wrench Turnin Fool

Ok I'm getting worried now.
We're camping with friends and walking through the park saw an Arctic wolf... Started talking with the owners... They weren't fans of hitch RV

Old 09-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #8

Looked at a Motor Home there a few years back, had similar problems that all of you have described . Went to another dealer and have bought 3 Motor Homes from the other dealer. What a loss for Hitch.
They loose so much business by the way they operate, it is a wonder they still are in business. Every time my wife and I drive our Motor Home by their lot, we laugh at the amount of money they lost on just us. " Maybe they don't need the money"
Good luck with them. Go some where they want your business, it is surely not at Hitch RV
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins

Apparently they have our camper sitting on the lot.. Now I am really confuse since we've yet to even finalize.. I am for sure going to go through the unit with a fine comb because I will not be coming back for services for sure.

If this actually improves and works out I might make it a neutral.. We finally got a hold of someone last night and unleashed on the guy.. The one who never called us back. They knew I was pissed.. And th u were very accommodating, for now.... Even offered to bring the camper to us to see and approve of.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #10
Wrench Turnin Fool

I hope this works out for you (and me)

Old 09-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #11
Wrench Turnin Fool

Wow that was quick... I just got a call... My camper is on the lot in Berlin, I'm picking it up October 14tg 😎😎😎😎

Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #12
Who Dares, Wins

We are away every weekend until the end of October so it shall sit for a bit if it is on the lot.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #13
Wrench Turnin Fool

We have plans that weekend... Well HAD LOL

Old 09-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #14

I know I would go find another dealer. You can contact the manufacturer of the unit you want to buy and they can give you the location of all of their dealers.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #15
Wrench Turnin Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
I know I would go find another dealer. You can contact the manufacturer of the unit you want to buy and they can give you the location of all of their dealers.
But my unit is they're waiting for me now, and I haven't actually had a problem yet... Except it took 12 goes to answer a text, which really doesn't seem too bad to me. Maybe they're improving

Old 09-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
You would be correct. But for now FR is giving exclusive rights to Hitch as the direct sales dealership for the short bit since they made a big push here in Hershey. According to the FR rep at the show they sold 50 some units of the Artic Wolfs alone so they put the product line on hold and are sending them all to Hitch until the back log is taken care of so THEY are the ONLY dealer that will get new ones in stock for the near future. FR is also discounting them with a maximum pricing well (5K or so) below what (according to the FR Rep) other dealerships can sell them. His claim is due to their popularity FR have price locked dealerships into a pricing structure of sorts.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 09-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #17

Bought my Heritage Glenn from Hitch. NJ. About three ago. We had so many problems with them I don't have the time to tell the story. Long and short of it. If my trailer broke down in front of either of Hitchs stores I'd pay someone to tow it somewhere else.
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #18

Worried Did you ever get final numbers for total cost and numbers for financing? Rates, time period total financed cost? Please don't wait until you're at the closing table to get surprised. Dealers know it's harder to walk away then.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #19
Wrench Turnin Fool

I'll have no problem walking away if the numbers aren't right

Old 09-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

Oh don't worry about that... I am by no means emotionally attached to this.. I've learned better. Thank you for the thought though. It can be hard to walk away. We had the final numbers it was just a matter of how much we wanted to finance if any.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB

Tags
hitch