Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2016, 12:19 AM   #1

Holman RV Cincinnati/Batavia Ohio

Thinking of purchasing our camper soon at Holman. I live about 10 minutes from there. I was curious to hear everyones opinions on their experiences? How was the PDI? Did they take their time with you or were they in a hurry? Also any experience from the service department? This will be my first camper purchase, so just curious!
Thanks everyone,
Eric
Ewehrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #2

Hey Eric - we bought our first (and only) TT from Holman. Overall great experience. No haggle pricing since they're a wholesaler. No hidden fees either. Just tax and title. Danny was our rep. Wayne did our PDI and I guess it was fine. Took about 90mins but I asked a lot of questions too. They also installed the blue Ox WDH that I bought from them as well. Would buy again from them.

John

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #3

We go on Wed to pick up our TT, Danny was our salesman as well. So far nothing but good to say about them. I have bought many many parts and accessories from them and their prices on those are almost as good as finding them online. To me I would rather spend a few $'s more and be able to go pick it up rather than wait a week or so for it to arrive.

A few guys at work have purchased from them as well and are more than happy with the sale and how everything went. Good luck with your purchase!
woodyw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyw333 View Post
We go on Wed to pick up our TT, Danny was our salesman as well. So far nothing but good to say about them. I have bought many many parts and accessories from them and their prices on those are almost as good as finding them online. To me I would rather spend a few $'s more and be able to go pick it up rather than wait a week or so for it to arrive.

A few guys at work have purchased from them as well and are more than happy with the sale and how everything went. Good luck with your purchase!
Good to hear of another satisfied customer in Woody! I did do some price comparison in their parts dept and compared to say Amazon, Holman is definitely higher. For instance, the Rhino 20' sewer hose Holman had for $54, whereas I got it on Amazon for $38 and was here in two days with Prime. In a pinch they would be good, but if you can wait, online is cheaper. I bought all my TT supplies online and know I saved probably $400 across the total purchase of around $1500. I have yet to use their service dept, hopefully never have to, but will report my experience if/when it occurs. The price on my TT, 2016 Wildwood 27rkss, was fantastic and was at least $2,000 cheaper than anywhere else I saw online. Let us know your experience once you get your new rig!
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for the response. I am excited and nervous at the same time! Good to hear of the good reviews, hopefully all goes well. Will keep this thread updated on my experience when it's time. Thanks again
Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #6

I have never heard a negative comment about them, I talked to them but purchased from Lakeshore RV in MI only because they were the first I talked to, same price on two different Outbacks. go to the Outback forum there is a PDI checklist that is very very through and will take them a couple of hours to go tru with you. Good Luck with your purchase and enjoy your new RV
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I purchased a used unit from them a few years ago when we were getting back into camping again. Had a good experience. The unit I bought (Outback Loft, 2 story) was broken and needed fixed. Got a good deal on it and they offered to get me all the parts I needed to fix it, which they did! 9 months later we were ready to upgrade, but got a better deal elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #8

We have purchased 2 campers from Eddie our salesman which I highly recommend. No problems with purchasing or PDI however, there service and quality needs a bit of help. I don't want to rant unless someone wants to know specifics. Good tip would be if your not happy with results from the dealer your getting try getting in touch with the manufacturer as they can be very helpful!!.

FR has been good to us.
Leecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:56 AM   #9

I've shopped there twice and will not be returning.

First time was to look at pop-ups. As soon as I said tent trailer, the salesman started being a douchebag, I guess because be knew I wasn't spending a ton of cash.

They showed us one camper, it was 7 years old, and had rips in the canvas and a very saggy floor in a few spots. They were quite over priced, so I made what I thought, and still think, was a reasonable offer. The salesman refused to even consider it, and told me I'd wasted his team's time for setting up the camper for us.

Second time, about a year later. Went to look at small travel trailers. Wanted something in the 16' range our Honda Odyssey could tow. Sales guy kept pushing far larger campers then we could handle, and kept telling me I was wrong about the tow rating on my van.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #10
(o˘◡˘o)

Positive experience +

We bought a 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR this April at Holman's and had a positive experience. Our salesman was Tony. No gimmicks or games. Our PDI was not rushed. In fact, we spent the night in their lot trying everything out so I guess you might say we had about a 10 hour PDI.

Minor issues were addressed, then we headed home to Florida.

The only suggestion I could make for Holman is to improve their interior cleaning prior to delivery. It was very superficial.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #11

I hate to add another negative experience about these guys, but I stopped in on my way home from work to get some roof sealant and a few other things from their parts department.

I am literally in front of the cashier counter holding my stuff, the cashier lady walks away after seeing me, helps some other customer that just walked in the parts department, then walks him over and rings him up in front of me, while still ignoring me while I'm standing their holding $40 worth of merchandise I want to purchase.

I would have just dropped my stuff on the floor and walked out, had I not really needed the lap sealant for a project this weekend.

I WILL NOT be back to Holman again.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugoismad View Post
I hate to add another negative experience about these guys, but I stopped in on my way home from work to get some roof sealant and a few other things from their parts department.

I am literally in front of the cashier counter holding my stuff, the cashier lady walks away after seeing me, helps some other customer that just walked in the parts department, then walks him over and rings him up in front of me, while still ignoring me while I'm standing their holding $40 worth of merchandise I want to purchase.

I would have just dropped my stuff on the floor and walked out, had I not really needed the lap sealant for a project this weekend.

I WILL NOT be back to Holman again.
You know what, that happens most everywhere these days. Customer service has become a thing of the past in lots of places. I was in Publix supermarket yesterday and needed help finding an item. I walked up to 2 Publix employees that were talking to each other. I stood there looking at them for a good 30-45 seconds and not once did they look at me or guit their jabber. I finally just walked away and they continued their conversation.

I think everyone should have to go to the 'Chick fil a' school of customer service.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's why I always make my intentions known. "Here ya go, I'm ready to check out now!". Then if they still walk away, get a manager.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #14

Smile Holman in Cinn experience

We purchased a FR toy hauler in 2016 from Camper Jim at Holman. Buying experience was very good, helpful without pressure.
Live near Louisville, KY about 100+ miles away and needed minor service about 10 months later. Rather than making two trips (take and drop off then go back and pick up) the service department worked out a plan with me that if they could timely fix without ordering parts I could wait on fix same day. They did do the fix in about 3 hours and I was on my way back home.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #15

I purchased a 2016 coachmen chapparal new from them last jan. unfortunately we already sold it to get a TH. but holman was always great to me through the whole process they had just started carrying them when i asked info on them and they knew almost everything i asked on top of that we waited three months for it to come in and i bugged ross holman our salesmen about every week on updates questions ect. i would of went back there for out TH if they would of had what we wanted. also there service dept. was always great to us they would tell me a couple weeks it be done and it seemed like it was always done the following week. I also had a major issue a week before a long vacation for us and they fixed it in a couple days with no questions asked i highly recommend them.The PDI was good i cant say it was the best but they do a great job showing you everything works and how to work everything and if there was issue they had a service guy right out to fix it before you left unfortunately i could not take mine home the day of the PDI because the andersen ultimate hitch i got was the wrong one sent so i picked it up the following day. i know nothing about there parts department i go to colerain Rv for parts since they are about 10 mins from me were holman was 30 mins. i hope this helps.

Tags
ohio