Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #1

Just back from dealer for warrenty

Well dropped my 272rl off at dealer on 11-2016 for warranty wrap up work. Purchased 1-7-2016. Got her back 3 months later 1-18-17.
Most items done. Several will require personal touch. Not happy with workmanship of others. Not complaining, about time at dealer live in cold climate and it was either storage or dealer.
Just can't believe workmanship when someone is not pushed meaning it wasn't prime time for dealer they had all the time they needed. Not too mention I did a drop in at one point and found slide out was damp on inside, they resolved that and replaced damp trim. Glad I caught it.
Point is if you can fix it yourself, do it. Save the courtesy you may think your offering.
Happy camping.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #2

I think there are broader points here:
1) buy used, even gently used. Don't get trapped into relying on warranties and others, unless you know enough to exercise control over the process with a dealer or service provider you trust based on past experiences of yourself or others.
2) slow down a great bit before buying, using that time to expand ones knowledge of what is going on in the industry. These problems and more are all well reported in all the rv forums I have accessed, as well as many rv internet sources, even blogs. The series of industry exposed/trend articles in RV Daily Report pretty well laid out what is going on for a comprehensive, time efficient education.

As to why new buyers are unable to get on top of this speaks volumes for the excellent industry, mfg, and dealer marketing that seems to still control/keep in the dark, most new buyer behaviors, emotions, and expectations.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

Great points! My opinion is that anything you can handle yourself, even at a monetary cost, is better to do it yourself. The warranty is needed for major issues, but not worth the stress of smaller things.
Dodge Ram 2500 HD Cummins
2018 Ultra Limited
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer