Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2017, 12:08 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
.............or go belly up when the industry experiences another downturn... and they will because the industry, as well as the economy is cyclical despite what people like to think.

Trust me, another recession is just around the corner. That corner might be years away, but it;s there none the less.
At least we know how you view a half glass of water
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:46 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
.............or go belly up when the industry experiences another downturn... and they will because the industry, as well as the economy is cyclical despite what people like to think.

Trust me, another recession is just around the corner. That corner might be years away, but it;s there none the less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
At least we know how you view a half glass of water
Have to say I agree with Sidecar on this, so I look at the half full glass the same way. I quoted you NM on this but not directed at you BTW. Forget Camping World. What he states is the one and only thing that will ever possibly result in changes to this entire industry. Its fairly evident lots of owners accept the BS and junk that comes out of Indiana. Just because you're critical of this entire industries major shortcomings and total lack of anything even remotely resembling customer service, does not mean your not enjoying your rig and the lifestyle. Especially so once you repair and rebuild everything that should never have been that way or have happened to begin with, using your own time and money. All the while under a warranty and taking into account other sugar coated statements on brochures and websites.

I love the threads where the manufacturer or dealer is praised after someone spent countless hours, 25 phone calls and emails, and after 10 weeks finally got someone to do something. Its all a big game. Delay, Delay. Excuse, Excuse, etc. If you hound them long enough you may or may not get somewhere.

It starts at the top, or in this case it stops or is slowed down at the top. These manufacturers know exactly what they are doing and it's all by design. Grand design is a good example. They use the same Lippert garbage and in some cases probably more so than anyone else along and have a lot of the same build quality issues. The difference is in the service, just ask anyone that owns one. In the grand Design forums they actually have reps and active Lippert reps who respond and resolve problems on a consistent basis. I see some of that here on certain brands, but not much.

From personal experience, your chances of getting a bad experience dealing with this industry is 1 in 3. Acceptable?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river