Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #21

Camping World?

I tnik CW is one of the worst to deal with.
While shopping fr a new 5wheeel ( our first new RV) we visited our local CW where they had what we wanted but wrong color.
They said they could get what we wanted from one of their sister locations about 4 hours away and they would get me a price.
When they came back with a price, it was very high and I pointed out that I could get one from a competing dealership for much less.
They said they would talk to the general manager and see what they could do.
That was two weeks ago and still no price.
In the meantime I went on RV trader and search and lo and behold, I found what I was looking for at no less than 5 CW locations as near as 6 hours drive, for far less.
I informed them of that and guess what? They are still trying to get me a price on the first one!!!
We bought one from a different dealer Saturday!!
I am writhing a letter to CW corporate to let them know what I think of thier poor performance.
Camping World? NO THANKS!!!

(Sorry - didnt mean to hijack the OP thread!!!)
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #22

Amen!
Curlydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #23

Camping World...

We live in Orlando. The football venue which used to be known as the Citrus Bowl, is now Camping World Stadium. So be prepared to shell out extra bucks for their products and services so that they may pay for their new advertising outlet.

What does camping have to do with football?!

They are the worst. Don't give them your hard earned dollars.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #24

My dealership has me send photos and they order the parts and when the parts arrive we schedule at time for me to drop off the unit. Turn around is in a few days. Just saying the dealership has a lot to with it because they have a working relationship with the employees at FR. And if it is good they get a quick turn around.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #25

Forgot to mention my dealer is not CW.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #26
ARLO

Never bought from them. Never will. The salesman walk around like zombies. Unless you want to buy parts that are asking if you want to buy a new trailer.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #27

Next time call an RV Mobile Mechanic & make sure they are authorized to
work on FR products. Then they come to you & FR pays for it.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #28

My Windjammer has been in the shop since Aug 1 (today is Sep 13) waiting for a door assembly from Forest River. Un $%^# believable!
Magdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #29

May sound crazy, but I would do everything I could do reach camping worlds CEO...
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
May sound crazy, but I would do everything I could do reach camping worlds CEO...
And here he is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Lemonis

And here is his plea for you to contact him/them and tell him how they can improve:

https://www.campingworld.com/aboutus/

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdeep View Post
My Windjammer has been in the shop since Aug 1 (today is Sep 13) waiting for a door assembly from Forest River. Un $%^# believable!
Have you called FR parts to see if your dealer actually ordered it?
More often than not, the dealer lies to the customer to deflect anger when they haven't ordered it.
Gives them an excuse as to why they haven't started on it yet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Have you called FR parts to see if your dealer actually ordered it?
More often than not, the dealer lies to the customer to deflect anger when they haven't ordered it.
Gives them an excuse as to why they haven't started on it yet.
Listen to the man. He speaks truth - which is NOT specific to CW.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #33

Thanks to everyone on this forum for stopping me from making a big mistake. I think we're going to check out the cabins all the campgrounds are building.
Ron
rvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvance View Post
Thanks to everyone on this forum for stopping me from making a big mistake. I think we're going to check out the cabins all the campgrounds are building.
Ron
not all RV dealers sux there are some really good people out there
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #35

When we bought our trailer from Camping World I got and email and survey from the CEO or one of his flunkies. Even got a couple of gift certificates. After the lies about parts on order for warranty work and then running into my trailer with a forklift, I sent emails and made calls to that gentleman. Guess what--never got through and never got a response. They are in it for the sale only.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #36

Taking a unit to CW is a total waste of time and fuel. I am sooo fortunate as have a local dealer that is first class and would never lie to me about time or parts. If they say they will start on it tomorrow, you can drop by and watch them do the work. Newcastle RV in Brunswick, GA is the only place I would ever take my unit if I couldn't do the work myself.
The only good experience I've had with CW was to buy a generator on sale at a great price. Everything else I buy is through Amazon or Newcastle RV.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #37

Bought my last 2 new 5ers from CW in Myrtle. Great service and fast turn around.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Nothing to be upset about,thats just how it is once they complete the sale.Not just CW but 90% of the dealers.Ive decided your better off to buy a 2 yr old from a private owner.If we ever buy another one (big IF) thats probably what I'd do.Campers are like everything else,if it works good for the first 2 years,its good for a long time.Let someone else sort it out.
Yes it IS something to be upset about. That it is common place to happen is not an excuse and shouldn't be thought of just " go with the flow".

On the other hand, I won't purchase new. I buy a unit about three years old. By that time the kinks have mostly been worked out AND somebody else has sucked down the depreciation.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #39

Stay away from CW. nuff said
Gee Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:03 AM   #40
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyd96 View Post
We called Camping World of Calera to have some warranty work done to our Forest River Wildcat. When I called they told me they I could bring it down there in two weeks. I was fine with that and waited two weeks and brought it down that morning of July 30/2016. There were a couple people in front of me and I waited until it was my turn. I gave them a list of problems we had with our 5th wheel about 12 in all. Everything from broken hinges to fresh water not registering on the meter to the awning separating. The service advisor told me he would be on vacation the following week but assured me they would be working on my camper while he was gone. So I left it there for the first week and waited until the following Tuesday to call him and see how it was going. I was told everything was going well and that they were still looking at it. I said ok and waited again and called back that Friday to see if everything was getting done. I was told they ordered the parts and that 3 of the things they could not find anything wrong with. So I explained to them where they problem was and they said ok I will go out right now and take a look at it. Well another week goes by and I call to see if the parts have come in and they tell me no not yet. So I decide to call Forest River to find out that the delay is. Forest River informs me that no parts have been ordered for my camper. I call Camping world back and I’m told they will call me back. That was on a Tuesday. I never hear anything back so I call everyday that week and get the same response that someone will call me back. I can say with all the calls I have made they might have called me back twice. Well they finally order my parts three weeks after I bring it in. ( I find out later that they didn’t ever look at my camper until the Thursday. Why make an appointment for Saturday and keep it 5 days before even looking at it.) So I finally get the service manager at Camping World and its just a nightmare. Excuse after excuse not taking ownership for any of it. The parts are on order now he tells me. I said I was told that before and they straight out lied to me. So now I call Forest River and they tell me everything is in except the window and awning and that it will go out right away. Well I guess right away means when ever they get to it because I have been calling they now trying to find out when they will ship my parts. At first they said they had everything but then changed there mind and said they were waiting on a part. When I questioned them on it and said you told me it was in last week he checked and said oh yes it is in we will get this out today. Well today was 6 days ago. He said call me tomorrow and I’ll give you the tracking info on it. Well I have called everyday last week and got the same thing. Call me back tomorrow and I’ll have it for you. After talking to the Parts manager at Forest River I finally got informed that they are shipping everything except the awning and window today and gave me that tracking info. They have had my 5th wheel for over 6 weeks now and by the time they get the parts it will be Friday or Monday and then they have to install them I will be looking at 2 months that they have had my camper. My wife would like to know who is going to make the 2 months worth of payments because we have not had the camper. I’m at my wits ends not sure what way to turn on this hole thing. The sad part is even when we get it back next week I will still have to bring it back for the window and awning. What would you do????

Sorry for the rant just going crazy.

Lenny
This is about the norm!! I have a warranty with my dealer, (The worst dealer in Michigan) and I am afraid to take it to them, the last time they dropped it bending the landing gear, then had the audacity to turn it into my insurance. When the dealers order parts now, many of them wait until they buy the same type of trailer and ship the parts inside of the new trailer to cut out shipping costs. When I bought mine back in Sep 2012, it was broke into before I made the first payment and I did not get it back until the middle of March, always waiting on parts, they were so dumb because the parts came in before christmas, then the rest of the parts, I drove down to Indiana to the factory to get the parts myself and deliver them. It was all the dealers fault, as Forest River said they never received the order. So you are not alone.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river